P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

View Poll Results: What action should the United States take concerning Iran?
Military action 0 0%
Diplomatic action 8 66.67%
No action, because Iran is not a threat 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-01-07, 01:36 PM   #1
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Default Poll: What should the US do about Iran

Sub-question: If Iran does attack someone, Israel, Iraq, the US, or anybody, how should the US respond?

They haven't started a war yet, and as far as anybody knows neither have we. My own feelings are that an invasion of Iran, either preemptive or reactive, wouldn't work, and I think the administration knows this and they'll be looking for alternatives. Perhaps a naval blockade at the Strait of Hormuz, or more likely a series of air attacks coordinated with Israel's air force. I don't know what's possible, I'm not a military strategist, I just know that successfully invading Iran is impossible.

At this point in time I would favor diplomatic solutions to Iran's threat over military solutions. This situation seems to mirror Sino-American relations back when the reds took over China and started their nuclear arms program. We couldn't stop them then, but as years went on our relationship with China improved to the point now when China is actually helping us fight terrorism. As it stands now China may be a great ally in our efforts to contain Iran, and if we can solve this confrontation peacefully then Iran may one day occupy the position China now holds in United States diplomacy.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote