P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 15-04-01, 07:37 PM   #61
relic
gone for good

yes...sorry malk that i disrupted your thread.
relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-01, 08:38 PM   #62
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wow Malk, thanks for the link - a great, inspiring essay! I ended up not only reading the essay itself but also many branches of the discussion it had stirred. The entire Kuro5hin site is very classy and has obviously attracted a lot of intelligence around it.

The p2p-related chapters quoted by Hellbound made particularly interesting reading. The idea of two reality paradigms clashing together comes inevitably to mind when looking at the current confrontation between the various filesharing communities and the entertainment industry. It is like we lived in two parallel realities that hardly touch each other. In the corporate reality digital music is something scarce that one can pack into plastic and sell through promotion at 20 USD / album. In the community reality it is something abundant that one can download and enjoy with modest bandwidth and storage costs, perhaps at 1 USD / album. Within a year Napster has managed to snap away 95 % of the valid exchange value of a CD - for those initiated in filesharing. And soon everybody with an internet connection will be initiated in it. For an industry built around CD and DVD sales that is a reality shock indeed. Suddenly they are gasping in a very thin air. Much like dinosaurs after the Big Meteorite Hit they are faced with a scary new reality - one where they fit badly in and where they are neither wanted nor - as it seems - needed.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-01, 08:59 PM   #63
DAFORC3

Question HUH

DAFORC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-01, 10:50 PM   #64
naz
-

http://www.alistapart.com/stories/dystopia/
I’ve been a little down because today my doctor diagnosed me with John Travolta Syndrome. It’s a condition where your face or head grows laterally, getting wider year by year. It’s not so much of a problem and it’s nothing to be ashamed of, it’s just a condition. In fact mine is good because it means my brain is getting bigger too. But not that Travolta guy, his head is mostly fat. The doctors said I am much smarter than John Travolta and I believe them.
naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-01, 06:22 AM   #65
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Quote:
Originally posted by JesusOfNaz
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/dystopia/
There's another interesting essay by a writer with some definite brain activity. Hallelujah Jesus!

- tg
Old 16-04-01, 07:10 AM   #66
GuessWhatChikenButt
ThisIsMyCHIKEN ThisIsMyCHIKEN onDRUGS..any?'s

Default To Hellbound........

Hey Hey

Um Yesturday was an important day for me and I just didnt wanna argue, but now im prepared , GET READY FOR THE SMACK DOWN...Just kidding dude!! hehehe.. You know (BTW Thank ya RM , for caring on my EASTER sig while I was away yesturday)

Hellbound,
First I want to say...No..... I NEED TO SAY, I LUV YA DUDE .....
This is not a Christian based thread, I try not to get off topic on threads... So I wont start quoting bible verses at ya or any of that.... Hell, I wont even tell you YOU ASS HOLE HAVE YOU EVER READ THE BIBLE? .... I use to hate when people did that to me, so I wont do it to you... Besides that the bible wouldnt make much sence to you anyways...(thats not suppose to be a personal attack on your intallect or anything, Im speaking from knowing)....... MORE THEN ANYTHING, I wanted people to leave me the F*** alone about it....Not more then 6 months ago (if that) me and you walked a similar path, If you say you are an Athiest well then about 10 years ago we walked the same path....MY point in this, is that I am no more diffrent then you, you are no more diffrent then me, or then Floop or Lars or anyone else in that case... We are all human...That is something we can not deny. You mentioned the word "RELIGION" <---- I dislike this word VERY much... What a dumb word,to describe someone who believes in the truth, Jesus, and the bible...

ANYWAYS, My point in posting here was to just say Hello and that I luv ya....HELL, I dont agree on alot of things my hubby might do and say, but that doesnt make me love him anyless ...

SO PEACE BRO...
If you wanna know more about where im coming from, and it would be cool to here more from your point of view too, please drop me an email: slaughterslut@yahoo.com

GWCB

PS... THIS IS FOR NINTENDO CODE AND LARS:

Last edited by GuessWhatChikenButt : 16-04-01 at 07:13 AM.
GuessWhatChikenButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-01, 11:50 AM   #67
relic
gone for good

Default Re: To Hellbound........

Quote:
Originally posted by GuessWhatChikenButt
...PS... THIS IS FOR NINTENDO CODE AND LARS:
..thanks! Sorry I am not getting involved with this thread or the 'how do you present your religion' thread. I just don't feel comfortable sharing . Good discussion going on in here though...keep it coming
relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-01, 11:57 AM   #68
HellBound

Default Re: To Hellbound........

Quote:
Hey Hey

Um Yesturday was an important day for me and I just didnt wanna argue, but now im prepared , GET READY FOR THE SMACK DOWN...Just kidding dude!! hehehe.. You know (BTW Thank ya RM , for caring on my EASTER sig while I was away yesturday)

Hellbound,
First I want to say...No..... I NEED TO SAY, I LUV YA DUDE .....

SO PEACE BRO...

GWCB

first off...read my signature..and please quit calling me dude and bro...

second..before you try to assume what I have gone through, go read malk's other thread on how do you present your religion.

HellBound
Old 16-04-01, 12:26 PM   #69
GuessWhatChikenButt

First off, I was trien to be nice to you... But I realize now that um, well you are an idiot... Secondly I dont practice a religion... So I think you should get educated first ...

take this BRO and that DUDE

Last edited by GuessWhatChikenButt : 16-04-01 at 12:29 PM.
GuessWhatChikenButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-01, 12:34 PM   #70
HellBound

I'm an idiot? For telling you not to call me a dude or call me bro? Lets see, i am a female that doesnt like being called dude or bro but I am the idiot..go figure.

And if you had bothered to read malk's thread....it isnt all about religion...its what you believe.

and as for being nice...try being yourself...it's easier.

HellBound
Old 16-04-01, 12:37 PM   #71
GuessWhatChikenButt

" I fart in your General DIE RECTION" HAHAHAHA
Old 16-04-01, 12:41 PM   #72
naz
-

riiiight
cough *moron*
I’ve been a little down because today my doctor diagnosed me with John Travolta Syndrome. It’s a condition where your face or head grows laterally, getting wider year by year. It’s not so much of a problem and it’s nothing to be ashamed of, it’s just a condition. In fact mine is good because it means my brain is getting bigger too. But not that Travolta guy, his head is mostly fat. The doctors said I am much smarter than John Travolta and I believe them.
naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-01, 01:11 PM   #73
Malk-a-mite

I would like to ask all members of the forum that are reading this thread to go back into their own conear of the ring. Have a seat and relax...

Now for those that have lost track this was abot the idea of online vs. real community and the nature of ownership. Are there certain rights we are given as humans that cannot be removed even though groups and corperations are trying to as I type.

I was attempting to have people try to think about what this means to them, if anything. Or do they feel that it's all a load of garbage, that's also a valid opinion.

If you're even vaguely curious about religion in a social way and not in a salvation aspect I suggest you poke your head into the thread titled How do you present your religion. It is revolving around questions like, can you explain your beliefs if someone where to ask, and how did you come to find those ideals.

If the majority of members on this board don't want to have threads that actually ask questions and except the people to think before answering I will start making threads without titles.... that way you won't be burdened with having to read them before commenting.....

Good day all.
===================
Malk-a-mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-01, 05:48 PM   #74
HellBound

I liked both threads you made Malk....both were very interesting.

As to P2P.....for it to flourish...people are going to have to speak out.

HellBound
Old 16-04-01, 08:25 PM   #75
HellBound

I found this article on what the perfect P2P client would look like...

the Perfect P2P

let me know what you think.

HellBound

Last edited by HellBound : 16-04-01 at 08:26 PM.
HellBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-01, 09:02 PM   #76
rebel_mom
who's line is it anyways?

Nice link Hellbound just made a quick glance since I am tired but bookmarked it for another look.....

There was a referance to imesh as an example program and i love imesh but for some reason it fudges my computer right up......

Would a P2P program help alleviate some of that?
rebel_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-01, 09:29 PM   #77
DAFORC3

Quote:
..A Whole lot of GOD is all you need, ..
DONT DISS JESUS I WILL JUST IGNORE YOU!! ..
so what does jesus have to do with a whole lot of god. whats your point.

EDIT crap i just read the thread. nm. vroom.

Last edited by DAFORC3 : 16-04-01 at 10:18 PM.
DAFORC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-01, 10:11 PM   #78
greedy_lars
everything you do

Quote:
Originally posted by Malk-a-mite

If the majority of members on this board don't want to have threads that actually ask questions and except the people to think before answering I will start making threads without titles.... that way you won't be burdened with having to read them before commenting.....
not so big on content either malk. but take heart, i posted a thread called burp and last time i looked it was up to 16 replys. its utterly without content, and its prolly the single most responded to thread ive ever posted. makes you think doesnt it.
greedy_lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-01, 06:35 AM   #79
Unregistered
Experienced yet still enigmatical

Quote:
Originally posted by greedy_lars

not so big on content either malk. but take heart, i posted a thread called burp and last time i looked it was up to 16 replys. its utterly without content, and its prolly the single most responded to thread ive ever posted. makes you think doesnt it.
The very reason we're here is to cut loose from the realities represented in what is in fact "content".
Our lives are filled with "content" for Christ's sake.

Laugh and be merry!

If you have something useful to say, by all means say it.
Just remember, I'm here to get away from were I was before I came here. I appriciate those who don't try to force "content" down my throat.
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-01, 09:22 AM   #80
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Malk-a-mite
The basic problem for having in-depth discussions on this board is probably the fact that the majority of the members are using it as a chatroom instead of a message board. What we are seeing is typical chatroom dynamics: people are focusing mainly on other board members rather than any 'serious' subjects being discussed - especially if the subjects require some attention span or deeper reflection. Personal, emotional, nonsense and joke threads dominate over factual, technical and philosophical discussion and the general chit-chat atmosphere tends to spill over to all threads.

What we have here is a better (actually way better) version of Napster's Speak Out. That is a fine thing in itself and as many people enjoy having a chatroom like this it obviously fulfills an important social function. The question is, should we also have something similar to Napster's Software Forum (not referring to the current Slashdot Black Hole they have) - a place for more substantial, non-personal, broadly p2p-oriented discussion with all the philosophical ramifications that would inevitably arise. Having The Underground channeling the social day-to-day chatting might leave room for the other forum to be more of a message board for thought-out discussions for those who prefer that form of communication over personal chatting. And those who like a bit of both worlds could easily pay a visit to both rooms under the same roof.

I am not sure if there are yet enough of us for such a thing to fly but it should not be too hard to give it a try. We already have Test Forum, Napsterite News and Technical Archives - Gaz could simply set up one more forum for this purpose and we could see whether it would become active and interesting enough to be worth keeping. Just an idea - what do you think, fellow Napsterites?

- tg