P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 05-11-06, 08:05 AM   #1
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Default Saddam Hussein Is Sentenced to Death by Hanging

Saddam Hussein Is Sentenced to Death

BAGHDAD, Nov. 5 -
An Iraqi special tribunal today convicted Saddam Hussein of crimes against humanity and sentenced him to death by hanging for the brutal repression of a Shiite town in the 1980s.

As the verdict was read, Mr. Hussein shouted, "Long live the people! Long live the Arab nation! Down with the spies!" He then chanted "God is great." The chief judge, Raouf Rasheed Abdul Rahman, tried to calm Mr. Hussein down. "There’s no point," Mr. Rahman said.

The five-judge panel, which heard more than nine months of testimony in the case, also issued death sentences for two of his seven co-defendants: Barzan Ibrahim al-Tikriti, Mr. Hussein’s half-brother, who was head of Iraq’s domestic intelligence agency; and Awad al-Bandar, president of Mr. Hussein’s revolutionary court.

More..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 08:51 AM   #2
JackSpratts

two days before the us election no less.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 09:51 AM   #3
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Mr. Hussein demonstrated a formidable reluctance to acquiesce to the will or conventions of the tribunal, frequently erupting into tirades in court, issuing written denunciations of the tribunal as an American-orchestrated farce...
Quote:
"We saw this trial, along with the others, as an opportunity to bring justice to those Iraqis who had suffered horribly under Baath Party rule," Richard Dicker, director of the international justice program at Human Rights Watch, said in a statement today. "Unfortunately, we believe the serious shortcomings in the fairness of the proceedings undermined the legitimacy and credibility of the trial."
Quote:
Mr. Hussein’s chief defense counsel, Khalil al-Dulaimi, warned this week that if the former dictator were found guilty, “The doors of hell will open in Iraq, the sectarian divide in the country will deepen, and many more coffins will be sent back to America.”
The trial probably was a farce and a political charade and wholly unfair (just imagine what trials in America would be like if the defense attorneys made threats of violence like the one above), but Hussein is still getting what he deserves.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 10:58 AM   #4
RDixon

One half TRILLION dollars and all I got was one dead Saddam.
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 01:13 PM   #5
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Saddam’s fate is still uncertain. There is an automatic appeal (that has unlimited time) to review the case. If the death penalty is upheld, the execution must then be carried out within 30 days.

The verdict isn’t surprising. Saddam used chemical weapons against the Kurds and this is well known. Also well known is the savage brutality of Saddam and his sons against the Iraqi people.

Was Saddam’s trial a farce? I think so too. However, it could be argued that Saddam himself made the trial a farce with his frequent outbursts and dilatory tactics. The fact remains that the evidence against him was considerable and proved he is guilty of serious crimes against the Iraqi people. Farce or not, the outcome of the trial is consistent with the evidence - and the verdict is consistent with the crimes.

Saddam is Sunni, so the Sunni won’t like the verdict but the Shiites and Kurds are jubilantly celebrating.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15567363/?GT1=8717

I dedicate the moment with a song:
Booker T and the MG’s - Hang ‘Em High

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 01:33 PM   #6
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix

I dedicate the moment with a song:
Booker T and the MG’s - Hang ‘Em High
That is just plain mean Drak.

We do not believe in death penalty over here, can't say I rejoice at the news. He does deserve punishment for all he did.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 05:35 PM   #7
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
That is just plain mean Drak.
Perhaps. But neither as mean nor as inhuman as what Saddam did to his people.

If the hanging is prepared correctly (length of fall for body weight is appropriate) he will suffer far less than many Iraqis have at his command.

I won't shed a tear for his demise.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 10:11 PM   #8
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Njah Njah

He should of 'dissapeared' to Saudi Arabia like his mate Idi Amin did.

Quote:
I have just ordered my T-shirt

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 03:55 AM   #9
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

The only thing I can think to say about Saddam is,
I hope he burns in hell.
Old 06-11-06, 07:00 PM   #10
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDixon
seems like I posted this once before.

?
Old 06-11-06, 08:43 PM   #11
JackSpratts

Verdict Announced Four Days Early

The full verdict, a document of several hundred pages, explaining how and why today’s judgment was reached was not released. U.S. officials said it should be ready by Thursday. So why issue the verdict today? U.S. court advisors told reporters today it was delayed mainly for technical reasons. All insist the verdict was not politically timed and that it was an Iraqi decision; there is no reason to doubt their word.

http://onthescene.msnbc.com/baghdad/..._verdict_.html

right.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote