P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 16-01-06, 11:41 PM   #1
elcomesolo77

Default can some tell me the diferent bet fileshare client and fileshare server where get

i what is the diferent bet the file share client and the and file share server i want to get the server but this website is no working
www.blueboxnetwork.com
Old 17-01-06, 03:19 PM   #2
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcomesolo77
i what is the diferent bet the file share client and the and file share server i want to get the server but this website is no working
www.blueboxnetwork.com
in general servers handle housekeeping and administrative duties at the network level, typically the storing of peer content information (what the file is) and peer location (where the file is). this allows the peer clients to find hosted content and connect directly to each other (p2p) for transfers. without some sort of traffic management p2p would not be possible, or particularly efficient. by giving out directions servers help route the traffic.

clients in some p2p systems act as both network management servers and content hosts, but this approach has limitations that impact search depth and network size. for pure practicality fully discreet client/server architecture will always trump matrix modeling. in areas of speed, total accessible network size and file validation the well managed central server system has no equal, but it will also be more vulnerable to certain attacks, like those originating from civil disputes and state sponsored censorship.

i'm unaware of the gaming system you’re looking at, but my guess is there’s one that’s similar, or perhaps even a little better, and more well-known to this community and more importantly, easier to participate in.

welcome to the forums elcomesolo77.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote