P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 05-05-04, 09:51 AM   #1
walktalker
The local newspaper man

Exclamation "Can you explain what planet the record labels are on?"

Record Industry Wants Still More
As iTunes, Rhapsody and other song-download sites take off with consumers, it's easy to think that the record industry finally "gets it" when it comes to selling music in the digital age. Not so fast, says Rob Glaser, chairman and chief executive of Real Networks, owner of the Rhapsody service. Today's the Day. At the Future of Music Coalition Policy Summit in Washington, D.C., Glaser recounted his general frustration in getting the record labels to offer creative pricing beyond the 99-cents-per-download model. In fact, some labels -- emboldened by consumers' apparent willingness to pay a buck a song -- are talking about raising per-song fees rather than lowering them to increase volume.
http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0...w=wn_tophead_4
Old 06-05-04, 12:31 AM   #2
Gutrguy
Semiblind

well here is an idea.

Why not let each record company make their own serivce and let them charge whatever they want to charge for a download? They think that a buck a song is too low, let em try to charge $1.50 (22.50 for a 15 track download at $1.50) a song and see how far it gets em. Cd's are overpriced and selling for $18 or so a piece and that includes artwork, insert, track list, and professionally pressed cd's. At this rate i would spend the cash on a store bought cd rather than a paid download...but until i get sued or p2p goes completely bust (not likely on either counts) i will continue to only buy music feel deserves to be paid for, and i will support the artists by seeing them on tour.

If these companies (music and or movie) are concerned about royalty money, i would gladly pay an extra buck or 2 for a spool of 100 blank cd's and with millions upon millions upon millions of blank media being sold every year, they are bound to make MORE money taxing the disks....but how fucking likely is it that such a simple idea (which are generally the best) will ever be used??
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote