P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 13-12-03, 01:59 PM   #1
RDixon

Default The new Napster

Quote:
You understand and agree that your use of the Service, Tracks, Client, and the Materials is at your own sole risk. THE SERVICE, TRACKS, MATERIALS AND THE CLIENT (THE "PRODUCTS") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY BY NAPSTER

I never buy anything marked "as is".
This is the first time I have seen this in a TOS.

caveat emptor
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-03, 02:09 PM   #2
goldie
yea, it's me.

<insert idjit icon here>

i'm a 'tard, i admit it - no hard feelings?

Last edited by goldie : 13-12-03 at 07:08 PM.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-03, 02:26 PM   #3
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
caveat emptor
No shit.

They must have had TTOL whip that up.

For the benefit of those who were not around the original Napster forums:

TTOL ("The Tree Of Life") was the nick of a young oriental man who was a moderator on the Napster forums. He had a deserved reputation for being inconsistent and at times heavy handed on the ban button.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-03, 02:35 PM   #4
zombywoof

An Angry Post For ttol....The Old Napster
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-03, 04:29 PM   #5
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Ah, the memories....

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-03, 04:35 PM   #6
napho
Dawn's private genie

I came on board after the Napster forums closed. You guys sure had alot of passion back then. Now forums and file sharing are "old hat" and the feeling probably isn't the same. Like comparing your first time to banging your wife for the millionth time.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-03, 05:18 PM   #7
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by Drakonix
Ah, the memories....
no shit...brings a smile to my face. 1959 is yours truly...i remember the thread now, and yes, TTOL was an asshole.

i also remember Jordan (nocarrrier) chewing me out for some dire predictions i made about what was gonna happen to Napster after the first round of venture capital financing...

Quote:
Originally posted by 1959
On a side note, I picked up Newsweek with the Napster cover story today....found the "Kids vs. Suits" headline quite ironic considering that a) many of us here aren't kids and b) Napster Inc. is well on it's way to becoming the Suits.
...and we all know how that turned out
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-03, 06:24 PM   #8
zombywoof

Quote:
Originally posted by napho
I came on board after the Napster forums closed. You guys sure had alot of passion back then. Now forums and file sharing are "old hat" and the feeling probably isn't the same. Like comparing your first time to banging your wife for the millionth time.
LOL..You're probably right about that.

I went digging thru the archives and found this thread I posted in nearly 4 years ago on the old nap board. I remember posting in it while I was waiting for my cable internet acess which got installed a few days after my post . I was on dial when I posted in that thread.

Some of you probably remember me posting under the name of 'oscar' which is what I went by on the old nap board.

33.6 or less should be banned!!
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-03, 06:49 PM   #9
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

hey zw, i remember Oscar

...and then there's Maze. he was all over the place in those days - hope he's well and happy these days
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-03, 12:25 AM   #10
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
DISCLAIMER
Information on this web site and the Napster service is provided by Napster "AS IS." Napster makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this web site, the Napster service, or the information, content, materials, services or products included or referenced on this web site. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Napster disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties of non-infringement. Napster will not be liable to any party for direct, indirect, special or other consequential or incidental damages arising directly or indirectly from the use of this web site or the Napster service, including, but not limited to, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of program or other data on your information handling system or otherwise, even if Napster is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
seems it was in their
old TOS as well..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote