P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 25-10-03, 05:19 PM   #1
telefunkin_u47

Angry RIAA has never fought for artist rights!

Don't believe the RIAA when they try to say they are protecting the rights of the artists they represent. They have a long track record of looking after their own interests instead of the artists(why else would they make the artists sign copyrights over to them).

If you need some proof of this research the PMRC(parents music recording coalition) hearings, from the early 80's. A bunch of senator's wive's, with too little to do in their spare time, decided they could save their children from the "evils" of heavey metal music by enforcing a manditory rating system, much like movies now have.

The RIAA fully supported this movement, to avoid any bad publicity i suspect, in blatent diregard to the views held by the artists themselves. In fact the movement was rejected because of the testimonies from these artists. Most notably frank zappa's testimony.

Check out the transcripts from the hearing here http://uweb.superlink.net/~jdandrea/shrg99-529/toc.html
telefunkin_u47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-03, 05:29 PM   #2
telefunkin_u47

Default just a quick quote addon

"Taken as a whole, the complete list of PMRC demands reads like an instruction manual for some sinister kind of toilet training program to house-break all composers and performers because of the lyrics of a few. Ladies, how dare you?

The ladies' shame must be shared by the bosses at the major labels who, through the RIAA, chose to bargain away the rights of composers, performers, and retailers in order to pass H.R. 2911, The Blank Tape Tax, a private tax levied by an industry on consumers for the benefit of a select group within that industry".

- Part of Frank Zappa's opening statement refering to the royalty tax the RIAA receives from blank tapes(and now blank cd's).
Old 26-10-03, 12:10 AM   #3
telefunkin_u47

We have watched the RIAA's actions...(which) have the effect of wiping out an entire industry of independent Webcasters who represent freedom of choice and diversity for Internet radio listeners," Ann Gabriel, president of the Webcaster Alliance, said in a statement. "It is time for the RIAA to be held accountable for years of manipulating an entire industry in order to stifle the growth of independent music and control Internet content and distribution channels."
Old 26-10-03, 06:09 AM   #4
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Thumbs up

Hi Telefunkin, and welcome to P2P-Zone.

I think whatever illusions people have had about the RIAA have evaporated during the last few years. They are (and have always been) just a lobbying organization for a few big corporations to maximize their profits. In their world music is a commodity and artists cheap labor to produce the commodity.

They did their lobbying well during the era of CD, managing to establish a nice money making cartel and secure it with corrupted copyright laws. Now it is time to break that cartel and undo the damage they have done.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-03, 06:38 PM   #5
telefunkin_u47

Hey Tankgirl, thanks for the welcome. I've been reading this forum for the past couple of weeks now and I can't get enough. I especially love Jackspratt's week in review posts.

Cheers Everyone.......................
Old 26-10-03, 09:47 PM   #6
JackSpratts

thank you telefunkin_u47 - and welcome to nu!

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-03, 02:04 AM   #7
multi
Thanks for being with arse

welcome telefunkin_u47 !

i saw ^this site in this article i was reading ...

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-03, 10:46 AM   #8
span

BOOOOOO down with capitalism and the right to makle money in america!!!

just because, in your opinion, they are evil doesn't give you the right to steal their product.
span is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-03, 06:14 PM   #9
assorted
WAH!

hey hey telefunkin_u47

since you're new, you may want to use this link

PUT SPAN ON IGNORE

hitting that link will put span on ignore. this way, you only have to see his trolling when you want to, and won't be tempted to get into a pointless and endless arguement with him about p2p use.

to put a user on ignore without the link, click the button to get to there profile in the bottom left corner, then scroll through there profile until you find "add user to ignore list" (it's a small link at the bottom of the profile).

trust me, don't both arguing with him, you won't change his mind, he won't change yours, and you'll just feel silly and frustrated.
Old 27-10-03, 06:39 PM   #10
JackSpratts

and if this turns into an off-topic point-counterpoint i'm dumping the whole thread.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-03, 06:52 PM   #11
telefunkin_u47

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!
Old 27-10-03, 07:05 PM   #12
span

Quote:
Originally posted by assorted
hey hey telefunkin_u47

since you're new, you may want to use this link

PUT SPAN ON IGNORE

hitting that link will put span on ignore. this way, you only have to see his trolling when you want to, and won't be tempted to get into a pointless and endless arguement with him about p2p use.

to put a user on ignore without the link, click the button to get to there profile in the bottom left corner, then scroll through there profile until you find "add user to ignore list" (it's a small link at the bottom of the profile).

trust me, don't both arguing with him, you won't change his mind, he won't change yours, and you'll just feel silly and frustrated.
i'm just trying to determine when you guys will realize you're not noble crusaders but just common gutter theifs.
span is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-03, 02:49 AM   #13
Fantom
Down like a clown Charlie Br.. Down like a clown Charlie Br..

Quote:
Originally posted by span
i'm just trying to determine when you guys will realize you're not noble crusaders but just common gutter theifs.
I deeply resent that.

Some of us are exceptionally skilled and talented thieves
Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-03, 12:27 PM   #14
multi
Thanks for being with arse

geeze ..i cant even bring myself to swipe a candybar from the supermarket anymore...

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote