P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 08-12-07, 08:39 PM   #221
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I'm no Bush lover, Jack, except by comparison to you.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-07, 10:03 PM   #222
multi
Thanks for being with arse

What The? say what?

Quote:
They may claim, when they build their first nuke, that it was an accidental byproduct of their 'peaceful' nuclear program which it very well could be because the technology to build a nuclear power plant is pretty much the same as the technology to build a nuke.
Accident?

I have always been under the impression the steps needed to create the components for a nuclear warhead are vastly more complex than those of nuclear power generation... I believe a lot of it is to do with the refinement process of the uranium ?

It's always going to be hard to decipher the truth amongst all the propaganda when it comes to facts on nuclear weapons, so the level of technology and science might not be as much as I would imagine ... but I sure I have heard repeatedly that it needs to be pretty high.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-07, 02:07 AM   #223
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

To make fissile material generate heat in a chain reaction is easy. Example: the first nuclear reactor was little more than a pile of uranium surrounded by a hand-stacked wall of graphite bricks. But making use of nuclear energy efficiently, safely, and controllably does take a high degree of sophistication. So I'm not saying that the bar for making nukes is low, I'm saying that Iran has set the bar high for themselves. It wouldn't be too far out of their way to build a nuke once they got a reactor online.
Old 09-12-07, 02:42 AM   #224
multi

Quote:
The nuclear properties of plutonium-239, as well as the ability to produce large amounts of nearly pure plutonium-239, led to its use in nuclear weapons and nuclear power. The fissioning of an atom of uranium-235 in the reactor of a nuclear power plant produces two to three neutrons, and these neutrons can be absorbed by uranium-238 to produce plutonium-239 and other isotopes. Plutonium-239 can also absorb neutrons and fission along with the uranium-235. Plutonium fissions provide about one-third of the total energy produced in a typical commercial nuclear power plant. The use of plutonium-239 in power plants occurs without it ever being removed from the nuclear reactor fuel, i.e., it is fissioned in the same fuel rods in which it is produced.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutonium_239
I see...
yes, it is easier than I thought

Is the difficult part is getting it all to fit in a bomb then?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 09-12-07, 05:52 AM   #225
multi

Quote:
Ahmadinejad, however, has suckered the west into a confrontation for his own reasons. He has derailed Iran's economy, squandering record oil profits and paralysing the banks. He has alienated his core support among the poor. He has brazenly attempted to rig clerical institutions, the machinery that turns out Shiadom's future leaders, so as to consolidate his rule. Such an audacious plan, from a man who could once do no wrong, has triggered a momentous fight-back from affronted clerics and senior political figures.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,2224061,00.html
hmm..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 09-12-07, 08:58 AM   #226
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi View Post
I see...
yes, it is easier than I thought

Is the difficult part is getting it all to fit in a bomb then?
That would make sense, although hiding such activity would be easy since it only takes a few smart men in one room together to build a bomb.
Old 11-12-07, 06:13 PM   #227
multi

Default The GOP's Iran option is off the table

Rudy Giuliani was counting on Iran as a weapon of mass distraction in the '08 race. But the flailing Republican right has just been disarmed.

Dec. 11, 2007 | The conclusions of the latest National Intelligence Estimate regarding Iran's lack of a nuclear weapons program will have a profound impact on the 2008 presidential campaign. The report may well prove a key element in throwing the election to the Democrats. Republicans have used the alleged nuclear threat posed by Iran to scare the American public and to turn attention away from Iraq, economic troubles and Republican scandals. But the NIE findings have pulled the rug out from under the Grand Old Party.

Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani initially dismissed the NIE, but on Sunday he backtracked substantially on "Meet the Press." He said of Iran, "And of course we don't ... want to use the military option. It would be dangerous; it would be risky." He added that it would be even more dangerous if Iran did acquire nuclear weapons, but immediately put on a mien of sweet reason: "We should utilize sanctions. We should utilize as much pressure as we're capable of." Now he represented the military option as a tool of diplomacy.

This is, of course, the same Rudy Giuliani who while campaigning has all but pledged to bomb Iran if elected. It is a "promise" and not a "threat," he has said, that if Tehran appears close to getting a bomb, he will "set them back eight or 10 years." While Giuliani hasn't specified how he would do so, he likely means launching military strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities such as the one at Natanz. That message has been accompanied by bluster from Giuliani worthy of a World Wrestling Federation ham in spandex: "We will not beg to negotiate with them. We're going to make them beg to negotiate with us." Such Hulk Hogan-style boasts may play to the Republican base, but Giuliani now seems more aware of the possibility that the war-weary public may not embrace his reckless bravado if he wins his party's nomination for the general election.
...More

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 12-12-07, 12:49 AM   #228
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

So basically, multi, your article is saying that Giuliani's threats against Iran weren't a liability against his campaign until after this report came out? What a silly claim. The report changed nothing because before it came out no voter wanted war with Iran anyway.
Old 12-12-07, 01:03 AM   #229
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
....no voter wanted war with Iran anyway.
I don't know about that. I know a few voters that would like to wipe the whole middle east off of the map.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 03:44 AM   #230
multi

Njah Njah

September 11,9/11 ,911 ,11 of September and I could also mention 9-11.
over and over and over
are you hypnotized yet?
now that you are in my control you will vote for me, Me, ME!

Quote:
I know a few voters that would like to wipe the whole middle east off of the map.
That would be those Pea-brained Albedians and evangelical doom sayers who would be casting their votes in favor of a middle eastern apocalypse. Indeed this report is a slap in the face for all those faithful supporters of war overseas and those creeping internet shills and their megaphone software.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 14-12-07, 12:00 AM   #231
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I think those people want to wipe the middle east off the map so we wouldn't have to make war there, vern.
Old 14-12-07, 08:27 AM   #232
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

No. I think these are the people that were raised on violence and whose first response to conflict will usually be violence. These are people who have never experienced war first hand and so the thought of war has no serious negative connotations or implications. It's just another way to deal with a problem.
P2P Consortium
Old 14-12-07, 09:00 AM   #233
albed
flippin 'em off

Nope, those are just people who are familiar with the long, continuous history of particularly vicious violence firmly embedded in middle eastern culture and conclude that the world would be a better place if the whole region was exterminated.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-07, 03:44 PM   #234
multi

then what?

you will never build another society there like the the US did with Japan after WW2.

No big nasty bombs dropped yet but the troops are returning home with radiation poisoning anyway?

so.... a good part of the M.E. gets wiped out by the US and Israel, then bloody what?

that will not get rid of all the radical Islamics in the world.

I would bet there would be just a few left in Pakistan and Southest Asia.. all probably very pissed off.

Ah... I love a good crusade !

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 14-12-07, 06:32 PM   #235
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Nope, those are just people who are familiar with the long, continuous history of particularly vicious violence firmly embedded in middle eastern culture and conclude that the world would be a better place if the whole region was exterminated.
I'm glad you know my friends better than I do, Albed. What would I do without you to show me how to be intolerant.
P2P Consortium
Old 14-12-07, 07:12 PM   #236
albed
flippin 'em off

You'd be stupid and tolerant.
Old 14-12-07, 07:23 PM   #237
JackSpratts

christ your "civilised" christian west has butchered more people in the last 100 years than the muslims have in the last 1100. these followers of mohammad have a lot of catching up to do just to equal our barbarism. we've set a fine example. 8-|

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-07, 10:04 PM   #238
albed
flippin 'em off

Well you can just hop right on over there with your drinking habit and western music collection and start endorsing gay marriage and finally be free of the barbarous western culture with it's murderous oppression of nazi germany, facist japan and the like.

I'll buy your fucking ticket.
Old 15-12-07, 02:31 AM   #239
multi

There was intent in suppressing the oppression of nazi germany & facist japan and it was not to end up becoming them ( or possibly something far worse)

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 16-12-07, 05:38 AM   #240
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
I'll buy your fucking ticket.
What????
And leave you all alone in the world.
That's a tempting offer.
Will you buy one for me as well.
Want my Paypal link?
Or are you lying?
Your not a credible source,I don't belive anything you say.