P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 16-05-07, 11:55 AM   #21
Sinner
--------------------

This Sherwood Ross has a lot of his articles or whatever you want to call them picked up by the Middle East Times which according to Wikipedia

--Middle East Times is a daily newspaper, owned by News World Communications, a corporation owned and operated by the Unification church, published in Cairo, Egypt. Its print content is tightly controlled by the Egyptian Ministry of Information, though it does publish stories censored by the ministry on its website.--

Take it for what ever you think it is worth………..
Old 20-05-07, 08:42 AM   #22
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
when posts consists solely of reposts of another person's opinion, the similiarity of the poster to a brainless parrot is undeniable.
People so eager to lie to pretend they're correct really aren't worth telling the truth to, but somehow I just can't help myself.

I deny the similarity.

A: Brainless parrots are incapable of mimicry. It's conceivable that such a parrot may still make some kind of sound, but it would probably in actuality have more of a resemblance to the inarticulate nervous spasms of, say, your posts than to multi's posted article. Even in the highly unlikely event that a bird, lacking brain function, could manage to reproduce over 500 coherent English words divided into ten organized points and cite the author, it would most assuredly be considered a freakish anomaly quite unlike the usual behavior of such impaired creatures, and only the most weak minded or intentionally deceitful individuals would attempt to argue that it was in any way typical.

B: Even parrots with brains cannot read, register at a forum, or grasp the concept of cutting and pasting text. In fact, most scientists would agree that even fully functioning birds cannot 'grasp the concept,' as we see it in our own terms, of the sounds which they may learn to mimic. Even if making certain sounds is continually rewarded, the 'meaning' ascribed to them by the parrot is quite independent of the literal linguistic meaning. This is evidenced by the fact that one bird may be trained to associate a reward with making the sound "Bushy wants a Dorito" while another may be trained to associate the same reward with making the sound "Go fuck yourself Skippy." With an inability to manipulate or create syntax and meaning with verbal symbols they cannot conceivably be said to form opinions about US presidents in a discernable way, or indeed at all, unless, perhaps, they happen to have some physical interaction with one.

C: Even an exceptional parrot, carefully trained to go through the motions of accessing and navigating the internet and cutting and pasting, and with the ability to log in here under multi's screen name (perhaps, one imagines, by forcibly subduing multi in some way), and even a parrot so exceptional that it could be said to have an opinion about a US president, would still be unable to distinguish whether the information it was moving from place to place was authored by Anne Coulter or Pee Wee Herman, or was part of an advertisement for a toenail fungus remedy. To imagine that it could selectively and consistently reproduce copies of information that bore any resemblance to its own opinon is a fallacious and irrational anthropomorphism.

D: The domain of creating, distributing and redistributing virtual or electronically stored information in this particular format is in fact uniquely human, and as in all systems wherein information is shared, the information which is most reproduced is that which the most users find useful. This utility is determined by individual human tastes, human opinions and human experiences. That, as you admit is the case, multi found the content of this post useful to reproduce here may in fact be taken as incontrovertible evidence, in itself, that multi is either a hominid, perhaps a group of hominids, or, more remotely, a rather sophisticated artificial intelligence program created by a hominid or group of hominids (in which case I would consider Tankgirl as a prime suspect), but most certainly not a parrot in any condition.

In summary, your postulate that there is some similarity between brainless parrots and the user multi is clearly as irrational as suggesting he is a ghost from beyond the grave or some kind of psychic transmission from the planet Nylar, and belies one or more of the typical subtrates of such irrational assumptions: fear, lack of comprehension, hallucination or deceit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
of course.. anyone not supporting Bush should be classed as sub-human and demoted to the level of a terrorist.
All your base are belong to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix
If Islam and al-Qaeda are "sub-human" and "terrorists", then why is Nancy Pelosi violating the Logan Act to go chat with them? Why is the Democratic Party trying to appease them?
First of all, Nancy Pelosi did not "go chat with" either "Islam" nor "al-Qaeda" but with Syrian president Assad. This is an individual, not a group. An attempt to "appease" "Islam" or "al-Qaeda" through talks with this man would most surely be futile, however improved relations with Syria could prove to be a valuable leverage against certain terrorist organizations in Iraq. The fact that Bush himself is too incompetent to seek such advantages for his own people, or for the people in the region he is trying to 'free from terrorism,' is just more evidence that he's a flaming pile of dogshit, and your distortion of the issue just shows a similar lack of comprehension.

Also, no one implied Islam is sub-human. Multi was implying that the brainless parrot argument was an attempt to classify his behavior as sub-human, and that your supposition that my "conversion to Islam and going to join al-Qaeda" would follow as an option for my disdain of George Bush was a "demotion to terrorist," indicating on your part, again, either a severely restricted ability to process coherent information, a gross misapprehension of the real world, or some level of frustration which compells you to merely use sarcastic and insulting hyperbole in lieu of engaging in effective discussion or debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix
Super hyperbolic statements laced with sarcastic comments and insults do not form the basis for an effective discussion or debate.
No, they don't, but they can be quite hilarious.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-07, 02:31 AM   #23
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Nice try RAS but it’s not going to work, and you know it.

I can copy/paste and take stuff out of context and use hyperbole and stretch things to the breaking point just as easily and just as well as you can. Unfortunately, it does not do anything useful and is further a waste of time.

I could easily and effectively counter your points, but frankly I do not see any reason to waste my time and efforts to do so. All you will do with it is spew more beratement and poisonous comments. You are doing that for the entertainment value it serves to you. It's trolling, in a mild form.

You apparently did not heed the lesson you should have learned when your caustic comments got you in trouble before.

I am glad you enjoyed the bitter taste of your own medicine.

Spew as you wish, I will not discuss this matter with you any further.

I would put you on my ignore list, but you’re a moderator so that won’t work. No big deal, there are plenty of other ways.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-07, 04:37 AM   #24
multi
Thanks for being with arse

you want to put him on ignore because your attempt to drag the subject off topic failed ? or what ?

typical brainless right-wing arrogance can't piss and moan enough about utter irrelevant bullshit and induce people to defend things that have nothing to do with the topic ,because..well the things you fuckers crap on about is just a bunch of broken recordings that drone on and on and on..and have become a joke to be laughed at. Anything but answer the fucken question,eh? ,it's an old bland conservative ruse and after the last decade in power..has become a monotonous drone

so anyway basically you must then be admitting GWB is a tyrant.. because you can't come up with anything but a bunch of mindless self serving crap to counter the points made in my original post

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-07, 09:48 AM   #25
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

The points in your original post have been made on this forum ad nauseam; you just rehashed them in this thread to apply yet one more epithet to the president. There was nothing new or refreshing about your arguments either, and what you interpret as off-topic replies are only attempts to make this topic interesting. You must have known from the start how this would all turn out. The line was drawn in the sand long ago and we all took sides. You didn't think you were going to change anybody's mind, did you?
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-07, 09:49 PM   #26
multi

thats just a bullshit cop out as far as I am concerned

the points the writer made and how they collectively show the malicious manner in which the current US government operates have NOT been discussed at all yet because your 'side' that you took has it fingers in it's ears and is crapping on with anything but the topic..

because it's all there in black and white, of course you all make all sorts of weird noises about it . The points have been made in other threads by many of us since the the 2003 invasion of Iraq. So?

no reason to go all contrary and defend being off topic just so you don't have to defend the very ugly picture it paints..you could be a bit more constructive

but as I said before being a boring conservative means not having to answer the hard questions ,ignore them and just keep bashing the opposition.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-07, 10:06 PM   #27
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Hehe.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-07, 08:28 AM   #28
multi

Njah Njah