P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 20-11-06, 01:13 PM   #1
pisser
Guv

Peace Republicans = Bullies & Babies

Bullies when their IN.

Babies when their OUT.

nuff' said.....
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-06, 05:06 PM   #2
JackSpratts

christ pisser keep this up and i'll be buying you drinks soon.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-06, 05:20 PM   #3
albed
flippin 'em off

Ahh liberals finding their true love on the internet. How ramantic.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-06, 08:12 PM   #4
Necrodancer
Apprentice Napsterite

Who's being a baby? Everyone has pretty much taken the loss and is moving on. We're not screaming STOLEN ELECTION like...oh every Democrat for the last 6 years has done.
Necrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-06, 09:32 PM   #5
multi
Thanks for being with arse

scream stolen election ,I dare ya...
I double dare ya

maybe then they would uncover some of the tampering

BTW ..welcome to the forum

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-06, 12:28 AM   #6
Necrodancer
Apprentice Napsterite

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
scream stolen election ,I dare ya...
I double dare ya

maybe then they would uncover some of the tampering

BTW ..welcome to the forum
Wow, so it's tampering if you guys lose and it's tampering if you guys win...who's the babies again?
Old 26-11-06, 04:41 AM   #7
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Actually, the Dems are screaming - in Sarasota County, Florida again. It seems that a Republican won by less than 400 votes (after a re-count), so the Dems are screaming that the e-Voting machines are the culprit. There is even some rumors of trying to get a new election.

Whereas the e-Voting machines are not ready for prime time (they are decertified here in California) we have to remember why there was a stampede to go to the e-Voting machines and the debacle that created.

These are the same e-Voting machines that got rushed into use after the infamous dimpled chads and hanging chads incident of the 2000 election, also in Florida.

Actually, this time it seems most of the flap is not the functioning of the e-Voting machines themselves, but the way the ballot was designed, supposedly causing voters to skip part of the ballot.

The e-Voting machines do have difficulties, but at least some of the problem is that there are voters (particularly in Florida it seems) that have trouble casting votes correctly using any voting scheme.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n2174376.shtml

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-06, 10:06 AM   #8
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I know it's against the law for tests to be required before a person can vote, but people should at least be able to pass a sobriety test. It's simple mechanics: if you can't touch your finger to your nose while looking up then you can't touch the correct space on an e-voting machine and you're in no condition to vote. An eye exam might be in order as well.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-06, 11:02 AM   #9
albed
flippin 'em off

Mad

That's just blatant hypocrisy; if the Kennedy's can hold government office in their condition why shouldn't their lackey's cast votes that way as well?

Even if they miss their intended candidates.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-06, 12:20 PM   #10
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodancer
Wow, so it's tampering if you guys lose and it's tampering if you guys win...who's the babies again?
If even one vote doesn't get counted correctly or not counted at all, you can bet I'll be crying foul. If we just ignore legitimate concerns over tampering and stolen elections because one party won or lost, then we are ignoring one of our basic rights in a democracy. The right to vote and have our vote counted. People can whine all they want about party winners and losers, but if there is any truth to the accusations of tampering and stolen elections, then everyone should be concerned and want to get to the bottom of the problem. This shouldn't be used as a political bashing tool.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-06, 02:17 PM   #11
Necrodancer
Apprentice Napsterite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernarial
If even one vote doesn't get counted correctly or not counted at all, you can bet I'll be crying foul. If we just ignore legitimate concerns over tampering and stolen elections because one party won or lost, then we are ignoring one of our basic rights in a democracy. The right to vote and have our vote counted. People can whine all they want about party winners and losers, but if there is any truth to the accusations of tampering and stolen elections, then everyone should be concerned and want to get to the bottom of the problem. This shouldn't be used as a political bashing tool.
Tell that to the Democrats, who in 2004 had an "election manual" that said their operatives should scream election fraud even if none is present to give the appearance of Republican cheating.

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc66.htm
Old 26-11-06, 03:17 PM   #12
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

I do. I tell it to everyone. I hold all politicians to the same standard. And I don't trust any of them. Well very few of them. It doesn't make any difference who is doing the tampering or manipulating of the election process. They are all treasonous to the democratic process in my opinion. I don't take sides.
P2P Consortium
Old 26-11-06, 05:17 PM   #13
legion
I took both pills.

if you don't take sides in a more or less two party system, why vote?
Old 26-11-06, 05:39 PM   #14
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

I vote for whoever I believe is the best candidate, regardless of their party affiliation. I vote to try and help change all the problems with my country. To make my voice heard. To be a good citizen.
P2P Consortium
Old 27-11-06, 05:37 AM   #15
multi
Thanks for being with arse

A Democrat in disguise in the Idaho House of Representatives, Rep. Tom Trail (R-Moscow), is sponsoring HCR32, one of his several underdog-protection measures. This one would create Bullying Awareness Week in public schools, which legislators in the House Education committee have agreed is a step in the right direction. One of HCR32's clauses reads: "WHEREAS, bullying may consist of physical incidents of hitting, kicking, or choking, verbal threats, teasing and taunting, or systematic exclusion from activities."

The exquisite irony of the Republican-dominated Idaho Legislature's support for an anti-bullying measure is too good to pass up.

Republicans in the Legislature are acting like bullies then make it look like your fault. Their underhanded tyranny this session has targeted the poor, gays and lesbians, Native Americans, schoolchildren, farmworkers and Medicaid recipients. They're even bullying Idaho's beautiful wild wolves.

In the Statehouse, their direct target is Democrats, who are getting the crap beat out of them by Republicans. But the real losers are the citizens of Idaho.

The effect of relentless bullying is that victims become demoralized--and paralyzed. Being a very small minority party isn't easy, but Democrats, perhaps exhausted by their efforts going nowhere, haven't put forth much legislation this session. Republicans propose new laws in heaps and piles, knowing they can drop some to win others. Democrats have a slim file folder containing only bills that seem to have a good chance.

It's a strategy that isn't working.

More..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-06, 10:43 AM   #16
JackSpratts

with a few notable exceptions we've essentially wiped out the republicans here in new england. in connecticut for instance we still have a republican govenor - but the house and senate now have enough democrats to give us a veto-proof majority and we're getting more - republican reps have quit their party to join ours, so the govenor's signature is really a formality, but as a moderate we are happy to work with her.

the times has an indepth look at the new england situation in today's paper.

in spite of ct, nationally we now have more govenors than the republicans do, and that means we can set agendas at the govenor's conventions, appoint chairs, send delegations to the white house etc. it's mostly symbolic, but it's important nevertheless.

locally however, even tho we picked up seats in '05, the republicans outnumber us 2 to 1 on the council, and they have the mayorship, so they just ignore us. there is zero dialog. they simply dictate terms and couldn't care less about our constituent's needs. they out-vote us at every level and they exercise that power dictatorially every day in every way, from hires to agendas. they won't work with us or even consider small amendments, let alone pass an actual ordinance of ours. needless to say, the community is tired, even angry with this behaviour. next year when we have our local elections (odd years), things are expected to change, with the republicans losing more seats, if not their present majority, and perhaps the mayor's office as well.

it's an interesting time to be a democrat.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote