P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 26-12-05, 01:41 PM   #1
mikerack

Default $50 says I can blow your mind...

Label me a spammer if you must...

But you'll sing a different tune if you download Qnext.

4-way video chat
8-way audio chat
File, Photo, Music Sharing
Universal IM
Gaming (including poker)
Remote PC Access
soooo much more

ALL FREE AND LEGAL...

www.qnext.com
mikerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-05, 01:51 PM   #2
napho
Dawn's private genie

It's Toronto based so it can't be all bad

All Hail Qnext

By JACK KAPICA - Tuesday, October 4, 2005 Posted at 2:44 PM EDT
Associated Press and Canadian Press

* E-mail Jack Kapica, Read Bio, Latest Columns

The big news today will come from California, where Sun Microsystems and Google are scheduled to announce a partnership that pundits speculate will amount to a full-frontal assault on Microsoft. (See Mathew Ingram's column for the story.)

I wish they wouldn't make such predictions - there have been so many such predictions in the past that a new one had become little more than a cliche.

But it could be a fascinating partnership, and one with pockets deep enough to make something happen, even if it isn't toppling the Redmond monolith.

As a hint of what's to come, Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz's blog of Oct. 1 mentions a series of technologies that he thinks are ripe for a future not based on Windows - among them Skype, Google Earth and his own StarOffice. "There's a resurgence of interest in resident software that executes on your desktop," he said, "yet connects to network services."

Then he added another one: QNext, from a Toronto-based company. It's a small, Java-based peer-to-peer application combining instant messaging and file-sharing (though not on a network level).

QNext is an interesting program, and could well be on its way to a bright future. And how much brighter can you get than an endorsement from Sun Microsystems' CEO just before announcing what might be a major assault on Microsoft?

E-Mail Jack Kapica at jkapica@globeandmail.ca
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-05, 02:06 PM   #3
RoBoBoy

I wonder if large files can be resumed?
RoBoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-05, 03:09 PM   #4
mikerack

Default They can!!

File transfers of ANY size will resume if the connection is severed for any reason. As soon as both users are connected, it will automatically resume.
Old 26-12-05, 03:19 PM   #5
JackSpratts

welcome to the forum mike.

centrally served handshakes or serverless, open sharing and social functions (chat, rooms etc) or encrypted, open source or closed mike?

and yes, you're a spammer.

(sometimes it's ok.)

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-05, 07:31 PM   #6
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Exclamation

Quote:
Prohibited Activities

You may not:

* use our software and services and any Qnext contact directories, to make unsolicited offers or proposals or to send junk mail to users of our services or our software;
* harass, defame or defraud users of our services or our software;
* knowingly damage or interfere with the operation of our services, any software that utilizes them, or any user's enjoyment of them, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms or other harmful code;
* disable, circumvent, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair or otherwise interfere with security-related features of our services or software, features that enforce restrictions or limitations on use of our services or software, or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or other material accessible through use of our services or software;
* use our services to upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (including, by way of example and not limitation, copyright or trademark laws) or by rights of privacy or publicity, unless you own or control the rights or have received all necessary consent to do so;
* use our services to download any file posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed and/or distributed in this manner;
* access or use our services in violation of any local, state, national or international law, including, without limitation, laws governing the provision of financial services, data protection and privacy, and export or import control; or
* otherwise access or use our website in violation of its Terms and Conditions or use our software or our services in violation of any applicable license or service agreement.

More..
i tried this awhile ago..
Attached Images

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-05, 07:46 AM   #7
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerack
$50 says i can blow your mind
i'm unclear on the details of the transaction - who gets the $50 and who blows who?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-05, 08:22 AM   #8
Ðiego
Alpha Stoner

Ð

There's only one way off so you might as well enjoy the ride..

Naphoria - P2P Portal www.naphoria.com/chat

Napsterites mIRC v2 | Napsterites Chat
Ðiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-05, 09:43 AM   #9
mikerack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
welcome to the forum mike.

centrally served handshakes or serverless, open sharing and social functions (chat, rooms etc) or encrypted, open source or closed mike?
It's p2p (serverless), recent functionality has enabled open sharing of all content, while all communication and data transfers occur ate 192-bit encryption (I'm sure you know this is far beyond the banking standard for financial transactions - like the one, I apprently owe several of you, can we limit it to 1 bj though?) And finally, it is closed source with an SDK. Sandbox architecture lets any third-party developer create service and stream into any Qnext client.... that about sum it up?
Old 27-12-05, 10:53 AM   #10
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerack
that about sum it up?
almost, but i'd like a clarification. i'm interested in your system architecture as it applies to users. do you maintain control over initial subscriber connectivity? must users first pass through your servers for a handshake or a list of available ip's or a content inventory or keys (or anything, i’m writing this quickly) before going into full p2p mode (like Soulseek for instance), or is it a totally decentralized and unregulated pure peer-to-peer system, from beginning to end, like Waste?

can you cancel individual access or control the users in any way? your website seems to indicate that you can. if so, why would you?

what i’m concerned about is still another weak p2p network-with-pretty-features that's unable to withstand hostile legal actions, siphoning off users from robustly secure networks that can hold their own. the community is painfully familiar with file-sharing societies ruined by legal fiat like grokster or dysfunctional internal dynamics like morpheus. we’ve seen too many communities brought down by architecture geared more to profits than user protection.

there are many p2p systems and regardless of bells and whistles most are as good as the next, so truly new ideas are essential. client creativity and system creators should be celebrated, but since there are so few systems strong enough to stand on their own, and to stand up to hostile actions by copyright cartels and judicial writs, it becomes essential we encourage the more robust of them, for the benefit of all users, and not just the financial investors.

that about sums it up.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-05, 06:01 PM   #11
booby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
almost, but i'd like a clarification. i'm interested in your system architecture as it applies to users. do you maintain control over initial subscriber connectivity? must users first pass through your servers for a handshake or a list of available ip's or a content inventory or keys (or anything, i’m writing this quickly) before going into full p2p mode (like Soulseek for instance), or is it a totally decentralized and unregulated pure peer-to-peer system, from beginning to end, like Waste?

can you cancel individual access or control the users in any way? your website seems to indicate that you can. if so, why would you?

what i’m concerned about is still another weak p2p network-with-pretty-features that's unable to withstand hostile legal actions, siphoning off users from robustly secure networks that can hold their own. the community is painfully familiar with file-sharing societies ruined by legal fiat like grokster or dysfunctional internal dynamics like morpheus. we’ve seen too many communities brought down by architecture geared more to profits than user protection.

there are many p2p systems and regardless of bells and whistles most are as good as the next, so truly new ideas are essential. client creativity and system creators should be celebrated, but since there are so few systems strong enough to stand on their own, and to stand up to hostile actions by copyright cartels and judicial writs, it becomes essential we encourage the more robust of them, for the benefit of all users, and not just the financial investors.

that about sums it up.

- js.

hi, 100% agree
booby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-05, 06:35 PM   #12
Nicobie

Default Now we're talkin' chit

If I started to hang around here would I have to learn comp stuff?
Old 28-12-05, 12:41 PM   #13
mikerack

you connect through the Qnext server encrypted at 512 bits... after that it is all unregulated p2p action, and we have absolutely no ability to monitor or access what is being shared or communicated privately...