P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 11-06-04, 11:59 PM   #21
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

So, I'm getting the feeling that you didn't vote for Reagan, am I right Heathcliff?
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-04, 09:09 AM   #22
Heathcliff
One half won't do

Ah, a really subtile question.

I guess if I say I didn't vote then I've got no right to complain right? (I don't recall ever hearing my right of free speech was tied to my voting record). And If I say I voted for one or the other then I'm either a hypocrite or a partisan correct?

I'll confound you with the truth then.

I was more-or-less a right-wing jerk when I was young and stupid. Then I grew up a bit and saw the world more clearly and now I vote (and have voted since I felt like I knew what I was doing) straight Democratic. Until a real alternative comes along it's the best I can do short of starting a revolution.

Neo-liberal economics and the neo-conservative social programs disgust me pretty much equally.

The Democrates may be doomed but the republicans are REALLY REALLY doomed. IMO

That answer your question?
Old 12-06-04, 05:46 PM   #23
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Um, no actually. I wasn't trying to trap you or anything, a simple yes or no would have sufficed. You don't have to answer, really, that's a right granted to you by the Fifth Amendment. I just sort of got the feeling that you didn't vote for Reagan.

Incidentally, I feel the same way about Neo-Liberal social programs and Neo-Conservative economics.
Old 13-06-04, 09:26 AM   #24
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff
When I want to drive a car I don't start with iron ore and forge my own. I rely on experts to build one for me. It's perfectly legitimate. Besides the last two posts weren't pasted so what you gripping about?
Says it all; when you want to post an idea you don't start learning facts to form your own.....
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-04, 03:34 PM   #25
Heathcliff
One half won't do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Um, no actually. I wasn't trying to trap you or anything, a simple yes or no would have sufficed. You don't have to answer, really, that's a right granted to you by the Fifth Amendment. I just sort of got the feeling that you didn't vote for Reagan.

Incidentally, I feel the same way about Neo-Liberal social programs and Neo-Conservative economics.

U must be Libertarian then?
Old 14-06-04, 04:59 PM   #26
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
U must be Libertarian then?
Almost.
Old 21-06-04, 03:28 PM   #27
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
When I want to drive a car I don't start with iron ore and forge my own. I rely on experts to build one for me. It's perfectly legitimate. Besides the last two posts weren't pasted so what you gripping about?
Just like you don't start with "hard work" and a "Job" of your own. You rely on the government to support you. Its perfectly legitimate. Besides millions of low-life perfectly able bodied lazy liberal scumbags are fraudulently using welfare and foodstamps and dragging this country down by the balls whilst doing it. So lets tax the hell out of those that do work and provide even more handouts to the lazy listless liberals that whine about how UNFAIR everything is.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-04, 03:32 PM   #28
Heathcliff
One half won't do

Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62
Just like you don't start with "hard work" and a "Job" of your own. You rely on the government to support you. Its perfectly legitimate. Besides millions of low-life perfectly able bodied lazy liberal scumbags are fraudulently using welfare and foodstamps and dragging this country down by the balls whilst doing it. So lets tax the hell out of those that do work and provide even more handouts to the lazy listless liberals that whine about how UNFAIR everything is.

You're in a lotta pain aren't you poopie-baby? Man your bitterness and envy are palpable. And toward the weakest and most helpless among us. Tsk, Tsk. Shame on you.

And with that sunny disposition of yours we can only hope your career path wasn't as rocky as we can imagine it to have been.

I feel your pain poopie-baby. Why don't you learn to deal with it yourself so you can drop this disgusting excess baggage you are dragging through life and no doubt making everyone's life around you miserable?

And just for your further education the US has, and has had for a long time, the lowest tax burden of any western industrialized nation in the world. So quit your whining looser and straighten your fucking life out.

Old 22-06-04, 05:05 PM   #29
jcmd62
Alpha Male

poopie-baby??????

I knew you were the weakest and helpless, but didn't realize just what an infant you really are.

What are you gonna threaten to kick my ass after school next you pathetic waste of flesh?
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote