P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 18-05-04, 09:54 AM   #21
pisser
Guv

Evil Black Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramona_A_Stone
since your conception of what those principles are is only an embarrassment to us all.
You must be a special kind of ass wipe if you believe that everybody agrees with you about everything!
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-04, 09:56 AM   #22
pisser
Guv

muhaaaa

Quote:
Originally posted by miss_silver
Powerful? beside being powerfully armed with WMD and powerfully in debt, I don't see much power. In fact, you are the most broke country in the world! You have no money. Ever since the 1929 crash, you have no money. Do me a favor, get yourself a nice 1$ bill and read what's on it.

It says "Federal Reserve Note" and ''This note is legal tender forALL DEBTS, public and private '' Now what the fuck does that mean? It means that if you have a 100$ bill in your pocket, you are not 100$ richer, your Country is 100$ in debt. It's a fucking misconception that some ppl think you owe other country money, the fact is, you owe it to the Federal Reserve.
If our economy tanked, money or no money, the rest of the world would be dragged down with us! EOD!
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-04, 10:59 AM   #23
multi
Thanks for being with arse

from an article from mid 2003
Quote:
for the past 2 years Iraq has been paid in Euros instead of US Dollars for the small amount of oil they’ve been allowed to export. If this trend were to catch on with say Iran and Venezuela, well then who knows what might happen next! The US Dollar is already in a world of hurt and possibly 20% overvalued still. If other oil producing nations shift to the Euro and out of the US Dollar then the US economy will suffer dramatically and most probably sink in to the 2nd Great Depression sooner rather than later.

However, if we go to war with Dr. Evil and fail to achieve the objective immediately – securing the oil fields, replacing the regime and kicking out the French and German Euro (which Britain is not a part of at this point) – then we are likely to see spiking oil prices to levels never seen before, a crisis in leadership, and an acceleration towards the 2nd Great Depression!

This leaves just one option in the minds eye of our management. Go to war and win very quickly. This outcome would potentially bring about a stay of execution for the US economy. We would suddenly see oil prices drop, euphoria over winning such an obviously “justifiable” war would boost the market temporarily, and we’d all feel relieved that this was behind us.

After the euphoria wore off, maybe after the next presidential election, we’d then begin to slowly creep towards the 2nd Great Depression!
from
the graph says it all...
Attached Images

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-04, 02:21 AM   #24
cheapprick

Quote:
Well, that's fine...you are of course entitled to your opinion....I know that we are not the only country in the world, but we are the most POWERFUL country in the world...don't forget it.
I wonder what would happen if the 'most POWERFUL country in the world' pissed in China's cornflakes to the wrong degree. Maybe they shoot down a spy plane and then televise the pilot's execution... whatever causes it. Picture it. The U.S. facing off against, arguably, a military peer.

Would allies flock to the U.S.'s side? "Hell yeah, the U.S. has the right to spy on whoever they choose!". Maybe, maybe not. Just as likely, the sides would not achieve a decisive alliance in either direction. So, it would be a long war.

The U.S. will be drafting. That's okay, there are lots of people. Okay, so around a quarter of China's potential draft, but still a lot of young people available to die. Another good indication of a long war.

So..while all of this is going on, will all of America's enemies sit at home under some sort of inbred 'gentleman's agreement' and refuse to blindside the U.S.? Hmm, probably not. In fact, countries the U.S. would probably never see coming (and I don't mean Canada, we'd probably be dumb enough to be helping you) will kick the living shit out of the country.

It'll be divided carefully. Probably around 4-5 pieces.

On the bright side, historians (believe it or not, non-Americans), will be recording the tale for posterity. Do you think people will look back at the U.S. as more of a bantam rooster type image, or more of a 'peasant's crusade' type image?

Quote:

Finally, we have a government that is willing to stand up and take the heat for the principles that it believes in. If you thought we were just going to sit back and take it...you and the rest of you yellow bellied liberals are so sadly mistaken. I for one wouldn't mind just wipeing out all arabs, for they are the source of the worlds problems, poor demented souls.
Sometimes, when the light hits the screen just so, I wonder if you're a guy living in Belgium making fun of Americans.
cheapprick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-04, 08:08 PM   #25
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicobie

Do you think that the deals France, Germany & Russia made with the jjjerkieboi in Iraq might have had something to do with giving the US the finger about the invasion?

It's starting to be talked about, and the UN doesn't come off to good.
I'm humpin' my own post because I think it might be more relevant than some of the other replies here.

JUST A THOUGHT
Hahahahahahaha