P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 11-12-03, 11:48 PM   #21
assorted
WAH!

Quote:
Originally posted by span
i wouldn't get too giddy about Suprnova, it's monitored relentless by the MPAA and RIAA, every instance i've heard about someone being busted for movie/mp3 trading through BT is because they were using Suprnova, i get all my torrents through private trackers to ensure i stay out of Federal Pound Me in The Ass Prison
suprnova is definitely monitored, however the only consequence so far that i'm aware of has been warning letters to the ISP who then send it on to you. this is a far cry from getting an ass pounding in prison despite the fact that someone that posted right before me may be fantasizing about it.

in fact, one person i know who received a letter is still using suprnova, but only for tv shows, and he hasn't had any problems.

i'm using suprnova for movies still, as i haven't received a letter. and as long as the mpaa is still in the "mean letter to isp" stage, i'm not going to sweat it until i get a mean letter myself. regardless, i don't leave the tracker running for long after my download ends if i can help it for precisely this reason.