P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 06-12-06, 06:06 PM   #1
smokey227
Napsterite

Default Best P2P?

I have returned after not downloading for at least 1 ˝ years - got new computer & didn't get around to adding P2P program. Last program used - Kazaa Lite K++. Searched net & this site for best p2p program today & boy have things changed! What is the best p2p program primarily for music and some software? I never DL videos. Saw last update of K++ was 2005 but found Kazaa Lite Resurrection updated last 5/2006. Is this still good program? Also saw here & other sites mention of Rshare – what is recommendation on this? How about Frostwire? One last thing – it appears there are now sites that charge a reasonable annual fee ($20 - $25/year) for unlimited DLs instead of per download fee. I would consider trying one of these along with my free sources. Depending on which site you go to but the top recommendations seem to be - MyMusicInc.com, MusicEtc.com, KLitePro.com, iMP3/MPEMusiq.com. Any comments on these & are they download only or is there any uploading?

Thanks for any help. I’ve always found the best advice has come from this site.
smokey227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 08:08 PM   #2
JackSpratts

hi smokey!

the days of a one size fits all napster-like experience are over for the moment in file-sharing but that's not to say a particular client can't get you most of the way there. depending on what you're looking for the closest thing to a one stop shop for music downloading right now is soulseek, but and this is an important but, the members show little patience with leechers, so be prepared to offer a very fat share folder or you'll find yourself unceremoniously banned by the hosts with the best content.

further forays into file sharing must now include bittorrent and the numerous tracking sites that have sprung up to replace the search function previously incorporated into p2p clients. first install a decent program like µtorrent. then you can start with the public trackers like meganova, mininova, thepiratebay and the semi-private demonoid. all are stuffed with torrents of varying quality and type hosted by power-p2p'ers from all over the globe. at some point if you find bittorrent to your liking you'll want to join a more exclusive tracker, where the quality is high and the breadth of content wide. the benefits of private trackers are obvious but they all require a thorough dedication to uploading and instill severe, lifetime bans on those who treat the ratio rules as "suggestions."

if things have changed in the file sharing community during your absence it’s not necessarily in the negative. i happen to believe p2p has never been stronger. the quality of the files is tremendously improved, with particular standouts being the increasingly popular MP3 “V0” format and the incomparable (if incomparably huge) lossless FLAC codec. these two changes have brought the sound of downloads into the realm of near-audiophile reproductions and bit-perfect WAV clones respectively. these and the sheer number of enthusiastic uploaders means it’s a great time to jump back in.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 03:20 AM   #3
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

I'm a big fan of the bear(bearshare)
I get great speeds.
The important thing is get it from here.

http://www.technutopia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2002

The official Bear is no good now.
I torrent as well with U Torrent.
I use the Torrent Harvester to search.

http://torrentharvester.awardspace.com/

Most important you can be made to sit on the naughty step,if you download copywrited stuff.
Have fun.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-06, 07:19 AM   #4
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
it appears there are now sites that charge a reasonable annual fee ($20 - $25/year) for unlimited DLs instead of per download fee. I would consider trying one of these along with my free sources. Depending on which site you go to but the top recommendations seem to be - MyMusicInc.com, MusicEtc.com, KLitePro.com, iMP3/MPEMusiq.com. Any comments on these & are they download only or is there any uploading?
things like these are mostly scam sites
I wouldn't give them 2 cents
http://tom0385.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p2pscams/

check out this site before giving any of them any money

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 07:31 PM   #5
smokey227
Napsterite

Default best p2p?

Is there a good link to educate myself on bit torrent technology since previous experience was fast track? Need to learn what you are talking about when talking trackers and torrent harvesters. I'm willing to read up on it but not being successful in my Google search. thanks.
Old 08-12-06, 07:18 AM   #6
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Here mate take a look here.

http://www.utorrent.com/guides.php
Old 08-12-06, 10:39 AM   #7
smokey227
Napsterite

Thanks for the link. Will study up tonight on this.