P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 14-02-05, 07:05 PM   #21
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife

http://www.dak.com/reviews/2050story.cfm?Gwe99
Old 14-02-05, 07:38 PM   #22
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
no, not that link...

Quote:
the new Napster forum is shit. Cry babies.
is there a new Napster forum?

if so, link it
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-05, 08:18 PM   #23
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Quote:
is there a new Napster forum?
Maybe the 'message boards' are just internal, accessible from the client only?
Attached Images

TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-05, 08:29 PM   #24
JackSpratts

"SOMEONE NAME SOME FREAKIN AWESOME SONGS" (and download them, please).

i think the ad agency's writing the threads.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-05, 08:51 PM   #25
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Attached Images

Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-05, 08:52 PM   #26
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

oops, wrong thread.
Old 14-02-05, 09:06 PM   #27
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Big Laugh

Now if Napster would actually open a public message board, would you post there just for ol' times sake?

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-05, 09:18 PM   #28
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

No, but I might post there for new time's sake.

With this

as my sig, of course.
Old 14-02-05, 09:19 PM   #29
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl
Now if Napster would actually open a public message board, would you post there just for ol' times sake?

- tg
i'd go there strictly to torture the staff and see how fast i could get banned
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-05, 10:09 PM   #30
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:

if they rehired ttol i can do it in 30 seconds
but than again if they rehired ttol everybody can do it in 30 seconds

just noticed thread number 2 "suicide songs" ... thread number 4 "what happened to ac/dc"

one does wonder, maybe we should tell him about inxs

Last edited by toy boy : 14-02-05 at 10:20 PM.
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-05, 04:55 AM   #31
esteeaz
The First Napsterite

Puking

dillweed ahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah- no really aahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah- fucking great - dillweed ahahaahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!- funny shit
"We have two million people in jail. Our country doesn't build hospitals, doesn't build schools and doesn't build day-care centers. It builds prisons. This is not the hallmark of a free society, but of a police state." -Steven Hager, High Times Editor-in-Chief
hot or not.com...
got space?....
esteeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-05, 07:22 AM   #32
legion
I took both pills.

you have been waiting for this ... haven't you ?
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-05, 07:55 PM   #33
Nicobie

Default U dillweeds read it here 1st

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...lines-business

Front page of todays business section of the LA Times.
Old 16-02-05, 08:21 PM   #34
multi
Thanks for being with arse

they remind me of a couple of schoolyard brats...spreding tales about each other
if i worked there those mails would get tagged as junk...

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-05, 08:29 PM   #35
Nicobie

Quote:
I have a feeling I'm getting close. I threw one of my hissie fits because my nic was taken and even tho I had my old password they couldn't figure it out and let me have my old nic back ...

However I did get banned from the Roxio boards a couple days ago. I'm thinkin' its time to blow this joint off too. The only problem is TG. I just have trouble being mean to her. (Not that I haven't tried a little bit)
Old 18-02-05, 02:42 AM   #36
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
U, the hard alpha ass have been against free D/l? all this time?

well fuck U then.
It can't be stopped. Even dips like U can't do it.

~~~I'm getting 'the good stuff now'. ~~~

Dillweed.
Not against anything Nic. I just never attempted to fool myself into thinking that p2p was ever going change copyright laws and we would be allowed to continue to STEAL copyright protected material just because the net and Napster software exposed this huge Black "loophole" in copyright law, that allows us to break a law without fear of consequence.

Right and wrong, legal or illegal shouldn't be determined by the difficulty something is to physically do, the fact that millions choose to, or just because it's hard to get caught doing it. Just because I can click a mouse to steal something, then instantly make it available to millions of other thieves, without ever getting off my lazy ass and more than likely won't get caught doesn't change the fact that it is wrong and illegal.

Most of you act like piracy is something that Napster started. This wonderful priviledge that we all should have been able to do for years. Well we have. Its just before we had to actually record everything in realtime, and then reproduce it individually to then SELL to others. Highly time consuming and costly, we were hardly a threat to the recording industry with our analog recorders.

July 18th 1969 7:35 pm, having a Norman Rockwell picturesque dinner with the family when the FBI shows up with a search warrant and arrest warrant for Dad. Seems Dad was showing illegal copies of unrealeased motion pictures on projection screens at local Houston area hotels for a nominal fee, along with some late night showings on the families cable company's pay channels.

Ahhh piracy in the old days. Now this was REAL piracy. It was a lot of work. You didn't sneak video cameras into theaters, back then they were the size of a Volkswagon Beetles and needed three people to operate them. You had to bribe and lie and cheat to get your hands on the actual reels to make your copies, then you had to lug those huge heavy antique RGB projectors, and projection screens around to the hotels to show them on. The only difference in what my Dad was doing and what I do on the internet, is that there are millions of me doing it instead of a few and I can hide behind my computer screen to do it.

As for wanting to stop it your wrong. I have always said that what Napster started CAN'T be stopped. Piracy is still here isn't it? You can't just fill in this loophole like some pothole and make it go away. Its been obvious from the outset that all the lawsuits and threats are just the RIAA and the Government making p2p as difficult as they can until they can figure out how to charge us for this newfound ability to break the law without consequence.

Which is exactly what they've done. They can't stop the theft but they can charge us a monthly subscription for our participation. As for saying you can't keep what you D/L. I see this as just more pathetic bravado and greed and just plain spite to continue putting the screws to us until they can offer "Napster Premium Service" for $49.95 a month where you then have their "permission" to save to disk everything you D/L.

They know someone will always hack their software and we will be able to save our music, this is why we want to D/L it for anyway DUH???? I can listen to music on the raidio or MTV. I download it for the sole purpose of SAVING it. So I say they should just set their fee and STFU already. I mean who are they trying to fool, we listen to music on the radio, T.V., we record music beit on or in any media or format to save it.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-05, 07:41 PM   #37
Nicobie

Default Kewl

I was hoping to get a reply from you.

You are 100% right about if it's not easy, not many will do it.

However, Nappy premium is only $9.95/ month.

I usually record (in real time) 13 songs a day. I do it while I read these silly boards, It's nice to know what I'm getting anyway.

When it comes to saving the tunes, it takes me a minute or so to separate each track, add the mp3 tags and save to my HD. If I do this every day for a month I end up with about 400 tunes that I've checked out to see that they are complete AND what I want.

9.95/400= less than 2.5 cents a tune.

Should I figure it out in $/hour saved?
Old 19-02-05, 09:14 PM   #38
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
I was hoping to get a reply from you.

You are 100% right about if it's not easy, not many will do it.

However, Nappy premium is only $9.95/ month.

I usually record (in real time) 13 songs a day. I do it while I read these silly boards, It's nice to know what I'm getting anyway.

When it comes to saving the tunes, it takes me a minute or so to separate each track, add the mp3 tags and save to my HD. If I do this every day for a month I end up with about 400 tunes that I've checked out to see that they are complete AND what I want.

9.95/400= less than 2.5 cents a tune.

Should I figure it out in $/hour saved?
Being practically impossible to get caught is a big plus. I never said Napster was a bad deal. Hell I would join if I didn't refuse to pay Crooked corrupt ass Adelphia $100 a month for their slowest in the nation internet and horrible basic cable service. When they filed Chapter eleven they immediatly raised my cable/ISP charge from $60 to over $100. Great a hundred channels with 5 shows playing simultaniously on 20 channels and their Internet service ranked worst in the nation.

Just think when the hacks are better and your doing 800+ a month, unfortunately it will never be the fun free for all Napster was in the begining. As we start finding more and more ways to better cheat no doubt the monthly fee will increase also. Isn't the real hypocrisy that fact that we are still stealing, they know we are and will, but as long as we PAY they will overlook the illegality of our actions.

I guess what I'm saying is so many p2pr's ranted and raved about how they had the power in numbers and were gonna do soooooooooooooo much to change all these corrupt copyright laws and even some claiming they would see the end of the RIAA. I hope they now understand that numbers doesn't give you power.......Money does. Some had enough sense to know that free rides are short, us millions of thieves had our free music, but the RIAA had all the money, and as we now see it wasn't much of a fight.

I was never against Napster or p2p just never fell into that whole power of the people crapola and the "just try and stop us attitude". I've always maintained that this attitude only helped strangle napster and p2p into the position its in.

I say keep on keeping on Nic. when you get a 250 gigs of mp3's let me know, I'll mail ya an external hdd and you can make me a copy. Helly and fokker both made me copies of their excellent collections. Jack said he would but is always too busy playing "Busta Spratts" DJ dude. This is the way I like to D/L my music....250 gigs at a time. BTW I'll send it full of mP3's that you can save what you want from b4 formatting and copying your collection to mail back. No seperating and tagging, just copy, paste and wait till its done.

You don't have to D/L to be a pirate.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-05, 07:43 PM   #39
Nicobie

jcmd62

U are a bad, bad boy, making the post office an accomplice to U're deeds.

I too have tried the snail mail. Only once, but the perp (R_M) never sent anything back.

I figured it was just Karma on my part.

Anyway, at least the kids can still get alittle for free before they get screwed by the RIAA.