P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 01-03-02, 11:28 PM   #21
snowman

Default got connected... finaly

This is amazing.

If this is the V2.0 client of Morpheus I am extreemly disapointed. Seems they worked on this for about 9 months by my calendar.

It looks more like something that got thrown together in the last two days by adding ads to an exisitng open source client.

what a joke.

snow man.

Old 01-03-02, 11:37 PM   #22
JackSpratts

snowman - it's gnucleus. they just put their name on it.

oscar - mine did the same. after it installed it 'vanished', but it was there. blubster was like that too.

this gnutella app is just a stopgap tilll the rebol system is ready, and they have big plans for that one. new network etc.

my verdict: use grokster, it's easy to clean and then it's just like morpheus except the update shows users more acurately. on the other hand the new morpheus is a good gnutella app. if it's not identical to gnucleus (one if my favorite gnutellas) it's so close it's hard to tell apart and that's not the worst thing. gnupheus?

so long morpheus. long live grokster.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-02, 11:47 PM   #23
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Default Help

Quote:
Originally posted by oscar
Looks like this version is a poor imitation of Gnucleus. After installation, it sits there happy and stupid not looking for any servers to connect to. Uninstalled it ran gnucleus and got 3 hosts up in about 10 secs. Oh, well, they come they go. It was worth a shot to see if its any good.

Can anyone tell me how to get this POS connected (downloading would be nice too, but I'd just like to see it connect)

P.S. I have not tried any Gnu client of any kind before...

Maybe I'll just stick to Grokster/eDonkey/WinMX - they work at least.

And I can't get help @ MusicCity Chat #help - I got booted for saying Grokster too much...
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 02:44 AM   #24
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

The new Morpheus is definitely a big disappointment. I was able to download a file, but this program isn't Morpheus anymore (well the morpheus we all know). It's a completely new program with the Morpheus name. Some of you might've noticed this, but if you put your mouse over the morpheus icon in your icon tray it says gnucleus and the as some of you have mentioned it looks like gnucleus too.

My past experiences with the gnutella network hasn't been that great so I don't know if morpheus really has a future for me. I guess only time will tell.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 03:00 AM   #25
Millencolin
Can you see me now? ....Good

Oscar - I just checked for it, but i remebered that i deleted Morpheus(i can't remember if it was b4 or after i tried installing it), but anyways it's not there, and i tried to recover it with a program but no luck. So maybe l8r i'll re-DL it and try it again.
Anyways thanks, i think they just tried to hurry with the update/"new version" so that many ppl wouldn't get angry, but i was angry within the 10 seconds when Morpheus closed on me by itself. I think they should work on another one and release it within the month. If not then they won't last.

EDIT~~
JohnDoe - Nice Morpheus info site there
Millencolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 03:35 AM   #26
napho
Dawn's private genie

Default From the gnucleus site

Morpheus Friday 03-02-2002
I had a feeling this would happen, Morpheus was moving in the direction of gnutella and the only reasonable way of getting there quickly was by using established code. As long as they post their source code and credit us in the program I dont have a problem with this, give the GPL the props it deserves. I dont even know what to think, I wish they contacted me or any of the other gnutella developers or protocol maintainers before doing this.

Gnucleus is a honest, well writen client. Please dont let this action by StreamCast tarnish your impression of us. We will continue as usual working on the next version of Gnucleus. Thanks for your support.

http://www.gnucleus.com/general/clones.html
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 03:55 AM   #27
Millencolin
Can you see me now? ....Good

Heh cool, i didn't know you're a programmer for that program, then again i'm basically new. I should try that program out.
Millencolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 05:00 AM   #28
Xman
It is well established that the RIAA, and only the RIAA, has the right to exploit artists.

Reading the various responses, I'm in no rush to get that "improved" Morpheus.

BTW, Kazaa is having the same problem as the old Morpheus; lots of users, few files. Time to migrate to grokster?
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 06:01 AM   #29
meziadin

I did get the new edition up and running suppose as quick as morph the first time. My test d/l mp3 came in at 80kb / which exceeds previous speeds. So i'm gonna figure out what it strengths abd weaknesses are and give it a 30 day trial.
meziadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 06:11 AM   #30
napho
Dawn's private genie

Quote:
Originally posted by Millencolin
Heh cool, i didn't know you're a programmer for that program, then again i'm basically new. I should try that program out.

I hope you don't think I'm a programmer.
That quote just came from the website.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 07:42 AM   #31
goldie
yea, it's me.

Screwy

Okay..........I'm on 56k dial-up.........Will any of this work out for me??!!

JS - I read you've found some OTR on it - that's enough to raise my curiosity .

Buzz said a bad word and got canned from chat....NanaNaNa-NaaaaaaaaaaNa

Editted to add: Dling off download.com the New, <cough> Improved, <gag> the filesharing program previously known as Morpheus.

me I don't care

Last edited by goldie : 02-03-02 at 08:21 AM.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 08:42 AM   #32
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenrod

Dling off download.com the New, <cough> Improved, <gag> the filesharing program previously known as Morpheus.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 11:56 AM   #33
fogelbise

i also think i will hang back, grokster is working too great for me to change something: got these overnight:

2001 A Space Odyssey 664,920kb
Memento 708,220
Swordfish 712,952

about 2 gigs! overnight

my connection 1500down/128up

this am: the 2nd part of a real Queen of the Damned..got to go report it to JD now...
fogelbise is offline   Reply With Quote