P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 19-12-02, 03:17 AM   #1
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows He He... Tg

Quote:
Originally posted by TankGirl
LOL you odd-eyed Snark, stop teasing us and tell us more about Filetopia!

Filetopia has had my appreciation all along. I like very much both their philosophy and their technical approach, including protected communications and group management tools.

Snark, you're as good a p2p researcher and a reporter as I can ever be, and you're the one who has been actively there.... so please share with us your experiences of the community, groups, content.... are there many AG refugees there? Are the groups/channels working well? What kind of content is available? How is the new decentralized technology working? Inquiring minds want to know!

- tg

He He... This Lass knows how to flatter a fellow!

Give it time, lots to learn TG, new features everyday, bugs, a few, yes but its becoming a draw for sure, mind you I can only quote from my experiences with the Folk music scene, one of two rooms I visit often.

To answer your AG question, yes, quite a lot of special AG rooms for old friends to meet, though I never was an AG type, so only payed a fleeting visit. One thing I will say though, leeches get pretty short shrift, a new joiner in a room soon finds their files being listed, downloaded, and pretty soon comments arrive.

Compared to WinMx/Opennap, the available files are small, but for specific genre's the right room will have more available and more knowledgable people, than ever MX or Opennap will.

I'm working on it.. More later...

Snark.
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote