P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 10-11-08, 07:53 AM   #1
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Default Obama, On The Ground

Obama picked his Chief of Staff this week in his first Executive decision of his pre-investment.

A damn good choice and the Rethuglicans have ample reason for their belly-aching over his selection.

Hike.

Quote:
The five most infamous Rahm Emanuel moments

Today, former Clinton advisor and Illinois Rep. Rahm Emanuel accepted Barack Obama's offer to be chief of staff for the incoming president.

The pick of Emanuel is our first glimpse into the future Obama White House, and it has already thrown apprehensive Democrats and jaded Republicans alike into a tizzy.

Perhaps for good reason. With the nickname "Rahmbo" and a disposition likened to that of a mobster, Emanuel, though widely respected for his moxy and get-it-done record, isn't exactly Mr. Nice Guy. A dynamic mix of talent and brawn -- he was offered a scholarship to the Joffrey Ballet company and volunteered for the Israeli Army during the Gulf War -- Emanuel's the real-deal pitbull Democrat (lipstick not included).

What follows is a list of the five most infamous Rahmbo tales. It's the stuff legends are made of:

1. Mailing a Dead Fish

Emanuel is known for his panache for treating donors right. He sends them cheesecakes from Eli's, the famous Chicago bakery. But the one pollster who notoriously ticked off Rahmbo received a 2 1/2 foot decomposing fish in the mail -- ripe, stinky, and to the point.

2. Fundraising the Bugsy Siegel Way

His foray into fundraising started in Chicago while campaigning for Mayor Richard Daley's reelection, when Emanuel raised a record number of donations. His sales pitch was simple enough: He'd tell contributors he found their offers so low it was embarrassing and then hang up on them. Mortified, the donors were shamed into calling back and giving more.

3. Nearly Losing His Finger

When he was a senior in high school, he sliced his finger while working at Arby's. But instead of seeking medical attention, he decided to celebrate prom night by swimming in Lake Michigan. The bone and blood infection that resulted was so severe it practically killed him. Scrappy and determined, even at death's door with a fever of 106 degrees, he pulled through, only losing part of his finger.

4. Threatening Tony Blair

Never a mincer of words, Emanuel didn't couch his meaning when he offered Tony Blair counsel just before the then British prime minister appeared with President Clinton during the Monica Lewinsky scandal: "This is important. Don't ---- it up."

5. Knifing the Dinner Table

The most infamous Rahmbo story of them all is the one that begins with the dinner the night after Bill Clinton was elected in 1992. Among those present at the dinner table was ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos, who watched while an overwrought and clearly exhausted Emanuel began ranting at a long list of Clinton "enemies." As he shouted each name, he stabbed the table with his steak knife: "Nat Landow! Dead! Cliff Jackson! Dead!" Apparently, others joined in.

The bottom line: If Emanuel's appointment is a signal of anything, it is that the genteel, arugula-eating president-elect is coming to play hardball.
Wowsers. I'm looking forward to a profound use of the screen pass..

Here's Obama roasting Rahm in 2005
(worth watching the full version)

I loved his bit:

"It's hasn't been easy for Rahm though. As a young man he
had a serious accident. He was working at a deli, in an accident
with a meat slicing machine he lost part of his middle finger. As
a result of this, this rendered him practically mute."

There's only one way off so you might as well enjoy the ride..

Naphoria - P2P Portal www.naphoria.com/chat

Napsterites mIRC v2 | Napsterites Chat
Šiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 10:20 AM   #2
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Rahm has ties to MOSSAD ,an uncle I think.

Quote:
"Questions about Emanuel's links to the Israeli intelligence service, the Mossad, were allegedly so great that President Bill Clinton was forced to dismiss Emanuel from the White House staff in 1998..."
the Rove of the Democrats.. not a great start.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 10:36 AM   #3
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi View Post
the Rove of the Democrats.. not a great start.
sounds more like lyndon johnson than rove. an arm twister not dirty trickster.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 12:30 PM   #4
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

He is a hawk and a war monger. Now we're never gonna get out of the perpetual war. I agrre that it is not a good pick. I'm not surprised.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 03:21 PM   #5
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernarial View Post
He is a hawk and a war monger. Now we're never gonna get out of the perpetual war. I agrre that it is not a good pick. I'm not surprised.
so you think obama will capitulate to his staff. and the evidence for that is?
Old 10-11-08, 03:35 PM   #6
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Rham is the perfect choice. Obama is running a 'Bartlett' White House.

Š

Last edited by Šiego : 10-11-08 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-11-08, 06:54 PM   #7
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts View Post
so you think obama will capitulate to his staff. and the evidence for that is?
He may capitulate to a certain degree. I mean these are his advisors. I'm just stating my opinion. There is no need for evidence. You can take it or leave it at your own whim. In my opinion Obama could have stood stronger against certain interests. Such as the Military Industrial Complex. He didn't.
P2P Consortium
Old 10-11-08, 07:28 PM   #8
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

'Didn't'? He's been President Elect for a week, tomorrow. When 'didn't' he, what??

'Hasn't' I could take, but 'didn't' hardly yet applies.

Š

Old 10-11-08, 07:40 PM   #9
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

He has been in politics before he ran for president. Look back at his voting record, when he wasn't no-voting, which he did often. He has said he wants to increase military spending.

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_cate...hp?can_id=9490
P2P Consortium
Old 10-11-08, 09:42 PM   #10
multi

Quote:
“Mark my words, it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”
“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate,” Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities.

“And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”
Attached Images

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 10-11-08, 11:10 PM   #11
JackSpratts

Default worm dog

be carefull what you ask for obama.

peru wants to give the next us president the gift of their national dog, appropriately called the "peruvian hairless dog." supposedly the dog of inca kings, they claim it is hypoallergenic and "perfect for kids who are sensitive to dogs."

"They do not cause any type of allergy and are very friendly and sweet," said Claudia Galvez, 38, director of the Friends of the Peruvian Hairless Dog Association.

sounds great for the obama girls, especially malia right?

yes, except

IT'S FREAKIN' HIDEOUS!

Ears or Machu Picchu

on the other hand they're supposed to cure asthma, arthritis and rheumatism.

maybe they grow on you.

i'm on the fence.

- js.
Old 13-11-08, 11:55 PM   #12
multi

A video of a 2006 interview with now-Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel for president-elect Barack Obama reveals plans for mandatory induction for all young adults into a civilian "force."

Quote:
"If you're worried about, are you going to have to do 50 jumping jacks, the answer is yes,"
Quote:
"Somewhere between the age of 18 to 25 you will do three months of training. You can do it at some point in your college time," he said. "There can be nothing wrong with all Americans having a joint, similar experience of what we call civil defense training or civil service."
...more
Attached Images

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard