P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 22-09-07, 06:38 AM   #1
JackSpratts

Question That Time of Year Again: Need Song Titles

Got a show coming up in early Oct and I need a dozen or so hot new songs for the late teen/20 something members of the crowd. I don't listen to radio anymore so I'm out of that loop. TY.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-07, 07:54 AM   #2
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts View Post
Got a show coming up in early Oct and I need a dozen or so hot new songs for the late teen/20 something members of the crowd. I don't listen to radio anymore so I'm out of that loop. TY.

- js.
me too - completely out of the loop and have been for years. however, my 16 y/o tells me the music of his peers sucks as he keeps filching tracks out of my stash, so i assume i'm not missing much.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-07, 08:02 PM   #3
Wenchie
Salsera

I have teens around that age..........but not sure if aussie kids listen to the same stuff? If its any help I can raid their ipods for titles !
Wenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-07, 09:24 PM   #4
JackSpratts

lol, just ask them what's hot.
Old 22-09-07, 09:56 PM   #5
multi
Thanks for being with arse

you could have a look at some artist or user profiles from one of those music sites like last.fm.. etc
eg.
http://www.last.fm/music/HIM/_/The+Kiss+of+Dawn

I can think of a few recent tacks that I like ,but thats probably not what you want

My daughter and bf will be visiting this week I hope
maybe I can get them to give a few suggestions.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 22-09-07 at 10:07 PM.
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-07, 09:17 AM   #6
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I'm not quite in my early 20's anymore, but I still have some idea of what's going on, I think. theknife's kid is right, a lot of what's popular is crap. All weekend I've been listening to the local alternative rock station playing throwbacks, songs that were popular between 5 and 20 years ago and it's been a vast improvement over their normal programming.

But just 'cause the radio has been playing the same 15 songs over and over doesn't mean that nothing new and interesting has come out in the last year. So here's a list to get you started:

Misery Business by Paramore
Dashboard by Modest Mouse
Bleed It Out by Linkin Park
The Start Of It by Meese
Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Rockstar by Nickelback
Your Face by Pepper
Typical by Mutemath
Paralyzer by Finger Eleven
Never Too Late by Three Day's Grace
All The Same by Sick Puppies

A year ago I suggested Starlight by Muse to you, and at the time it hadn't gained any real popularity, but now I hear it on the radio all the time. And like I usually do when you ask for music, I'm going to plug a new song by a local band: Melody Of You by Single File (they've been signed and released their first album since I mentioned them last year).
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-07, 12:34 PM   #7
daddydirt
even the losers

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10songs.html
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 07:04 PM   #8
Haole
Pronunciation: 'hau-lE

Jack, it's too early. Wait 'til the day of, you never which songs will "suck" by then (short shelf life).
Old 01-10-07, 08:31 PM   #9
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Jack, it's too early. Wait 'til the day of, you never which songs will "suck" by then (short shelf life).

that's so true. it's how i program anyway but i'll need the extra inventory if the muse strikes.

- js.
Old 01-10-07, 09:06 PM   #10
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

LOL do your part to educate the young - play classical, big band, jazz.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 10:46 PM   #11
thinker
Ex-Singular

^ Fuckin' A, man...fuckin' A.
thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 06:53 AM   #12
JackSpratts

thanks for the suggestion but it's a well known fact classical music increases the mortality rate. however for a big-hairy-evul-biker show the music is surprisingly eclectic. sure there's the allman bros and little feat but you might hear little gems like richard harris warbling "camelot," swanky cocktail jazz and '60s samba, gin mill staples like "stumble," early surf & proto punk and a whole bunch of great but out of rotation songs from the classic rock pantheon (such as cream's "as you said") and of course, big bands old and new (artie shaw, lavay smith & her red hot skillet lickers). familiarity bookends pleasant surprises making for cheerful bikers and fewer pool cue fatalities.

- js.
Old 06-10-07, 10:01 PM   #13
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Editors - Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors
KayneWest- Stronger*

just 2 recent tracks I reckon are not 3 bad

since OJ had isotoners -wtf?
(isotoners=gloves?)

batforlashes-whatsagirltodo

http://www.blender.com/BatforLashesW...ideo/4827.aspx
(intro advert)

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 06-10-07 at 10:37 PM.
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 05:28 PM   #14
JackSpratts

thanks guys. ok, show's over (as of 4 hrs ago). i listened to the above songs and burned the ones i liked and brought them with me. coincidently some show distraction occurred while i was playing them so i ran thru nearly a half dozen before i caught it. the verdict? after about 20 minutes a girl comes up to me and says the angels want to know when you're going to play some good music. ahem.

that's ok actually. in spite of the wisecrack the regular music was well received, targeted as it was to a boomer crowd. if anyone liked the new stuff they didn't say but that's typical. there has to be "currents" in any mix, it's the way things are. even old fossils will get the nagging suspicion they're being manipulated if you just play their era so you bring them forward a little each year, but carefully. sneak in some new ones well-bracketed by old favorites. just don't play 5 in a row like i did and it'll be fine.

in case you're wondering what bikers in general and angels in particular consider "good music," at its core it's allman bros, little feat and similar with some progressive elements like yes thrown in. for better or for worse you have me to thank. i started the whole southern rock/yes biker thing in the late 80's after i was hired to do some outside shows when biker rock was predominantly metal. i played around with a booze n blues format (waiting for columbus, stormy monday etc) until i got something working. it sounded very fresh outdoors and after some of my tapes spread around the sound caught on. it happened very fast and of course you can't go to a biker show now without hearing it. even the live bands play the catalog. it's so entrenched news producers covering the shows ask for it for their b-rolls. it's like it was always this way but it wasn't. it was almost all metal and blue collar rock until the early '90s. statesboro blues is ground zero now.

- js.