P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 02-09-08, 07:59 AM   #21
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

For now she's a Republican. If she truly believes Alaska should secede than leaving her party to be assimilated by the Borg was a pretty big sacrifice. Whatever her reasons for doing so, she's on the "America First" campaign now. I wouldn't question her loyalty to America any more than I would question the loyalty of a dual citizen living abroad.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 08:14 AM   #22
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

All I can say is that you're both double-talking hypocrites

From KOS:

Quote:
When she was a member of the AIP in the 1990s, its motto was "Alaska First, Alaska Always." As her campaign slogan in 2006 for governor, Palin chose "Alaska First." And as user pawlr points out, this "Alaska first" mentality appears to shade even her national candidacy:

Quote:
"I am ... I am up to the task, of course, of focusing on the challenges that face America," she answered, and that was all she could say on her behalf on this question. Then she abruptly shifted to how her candidacy would help Alaska. "And I am very pleased with the situation that I am in, when, when you consider the situation now that Alaska will be in.

"And that is Alaska, and Alaskans will be allowed to contribute more to our great country and they'll be allowed to do that because I -- if we're elected -- will be in a position of opening the eyes of the country to what it is that Alaska is all about and what Alaska has to offer. So, I am happy to and very honored to be asked to do this. I know it's going to be great for Alaska."
Is she running for Vice President..of Alaska??

Š

There's only one way off so you might as well enjoy the ride..

Naphoria - P2P Portal www.naphoria.com/chat

Napsterites mIRC v2 | Napsterites Chat

Last edited by Šiego : 02-09-08 at 09:51 AM.
Šiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 08:31 AM   #23
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydirt View Post
two of those fiascos were elected btw.
your point? both were discredited and one was disbarred and remains the "only vice president in u.s. history to resign because of criminal charges." i wouldn't bet america will be all that excited to make the same mistake again.

Quote:
smears and innuendo.
not quite. palin herself made the pregnancy announcement.

what kind of great plan for america (schools, supreme court etc) is abstinence if it works for neither the proponent nor her own daughter? there is nothing to recommend about married pregnancies at 44 or unmarried ones at 17.

the palin hypocrisy charge seems plenty valid.

palin is unqualified. and i'd say mccain, by the way he chose her is equally so.

here's what alaskan representative gail phillips, a republican and former speaker of the house, had to say about the superficial vetting:

Quote:
I started calling around and asking, and I have not been able to find one person that was called. I called 30 to 40 people, political leaders, business leaders, community leaders. Not one of them had heard. Alaska is a very small community, we know people all over, but I haven’t found anybody who was asked anything.
and from the article:

Quote:
Although The Washington Post quoted advisers to Mr. McCain on Sunday as saying Ms. Palin had been subjected to an F.B.I. background check, an F.B.I. official said Monday the bureau did not vet potential candidates and had not known of her selection until it was made public.
Quote:
The current mayor of Wasilla, Dianne M. Keller, said she had not heard of any efforts to look into Ms. Palin’s background. And Randy Ruedrich, the state Republican Party chairman, said he knew nothing of any vetting that had been conducted.
Quote:
State Senator Hollis French, a Democrat who is directing the ethics investigation, said that no one asked him about the allegations. “I heard not a word, not a single contact,” he said.
is this is how mccain will choose cabinet members and judges?

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 08:53 AM   #24
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Further let it be know: the FBI says it doesn't 'vet' any candidate, so John McCain is completely unfamiliar with the vetting process. 'Vetting' to him means someone in his party says he should do it.

You can't get much more 'inexperienced' than that and it shows not a lack of judgment, but no judgment at all.

Š

Old 02-09-08, 02:17 PM   #25
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

the more you read about her, the scarier she looks:

Quote:
Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."
she sounds more than able to complete Bush's third term, if necessary.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 02:57 PM   #26
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Someone told McCain to vet her, so he had her car cleaned inside and out..

As Rick Klein says on his ABC news blog:

Quote:
Let’s say you don’t read The New York Times or The Washington Post (or The Note, for that matter). Let’s say you don’t follow the big political blogs and you’re not obsessed with every turn of the screw of this fascinating presidential race.

Let’s say, instead, like millions of working-class Americans, you get your “news” on the political race from the supermarket aisle. Let’s say you’re -- I don’t know, a “hockey mom” -- and you’re intrigued by this Sarah Palin person you’ve been hearing so much about since Friday.

So you’re shopping this week -- and what do you see on the cover of US Weekly? That esteemed journalistic institution is taking it right to John McCain’s running mate -- with a hard-hitting piece that details the “scandal” involving her daughter’s pregnancy.

“BABIES, LIES & SCANDAL,” screams the headline on the cover, with a picture of a smiling Palin holding her fifth child, 4-month-old Trig.

Inside is a collection of Palin lowlights -- from her daughter’s now well-known pregnancy; to Internet rumors that the governor pretended to be pregnant to cover for her daughter; to “troopergate”; to her onetime support for the “bridge to nowhere”; to a radio appearance where she giggled while shock jocks called a political rival a “bitch” and a “cancer.”

“Within hours of McCain’s surprise introduction of the little-known, charismatic mother of five as his running mate, the scandals began to emerge as quickly as flies at a Labor Day picnic,” Mara Reinstein writes for the magazine.

It should be noted that there is no new reporting here that I can discern -- just a greatest hits from what’s out there.

But this, to me, is the clearest evidence yet that the McCain-Palin campaign is losing the battle over Palin’s image. US Weekly readers are the voters her selection was designed to attract. There’s not much to like in this early take -- and not much to indicate that the next round will be much better.

Fork..done...

Š

Last edited by Šiego : 02-09-08 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-09-08, 11:49 PM   #27
daddydirt
even the losers

oopsies!......Rick Klein "forgot" to mention that US Weekly is owned by Jann Wenner, founder of Rolling Stone, and a huge Obama supporter. but i guess that fact has absolutely nothing to do with the negative front page headlines and unbiased article, right Š?
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 01:16 AM   #28
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Oops

Š

Old 03-09-08, 04:59 AM   #29
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydirt View Post
oopsies!......Rick Klein "forgot" to mention that US Weekly is owned by Jann Wenner, founder of Rolling Stone, and a huge Obama supporter. but i guess that fact has absolutely nothing to do with the negative front page headlines and unbiased article, right Š?
same playbook, different year: when all else fails, blame the media.
Old 03-09-08, 06:08 AM   #30
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Palin Slashed Funding for Teen Moms

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 06:24 AM   #31
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Indeed, Multi. And contrast that with this:

Quote:
Democrats, especially on blogs and in private conversations, have savaged Palin for the news that her 17-year-old, unwed daughter Bristol is pregnant and plans to marry the father. Liberal radio host Ed Schultz, who had already used the words “bimbo alert” to refer to Palin, suggested that she was a hypocrite for having a pregnant child while touting a social conservative platform.

But rather than drawing the ire of conservatives who disapprove of pre-marital sex, the news about Bristol Palin has buoyed many spirits, because she chose not to terminate the pregnancy and plans to marry the father.

“Why does the left think there is a pro-life movement? The pro-life movement is about helping women who get into trouble,” said Gary Bauer, president of the social conservative group American Values.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13101.html
Republicans constantly cut programs which help those they would choose [sic] to force to continue unplanned and unwanted pregnancies by blocking first contraception and sexual education, and replacing them with "don't have sex" programs which do not work, and by making the option of abortion illegal; all in the name of 'social morality' and 'family values'.

If one of Obama's daughters were of age and found to be pregnant then the conservatives would attack her as promiscuous and him and Michelle as bad parents who raise their children with damaging 'Librul' attitudes.

But as Palin is 'Conservative' and religious, she is seen as a beacon they can shine about and proclaim she is living up to the ideal by supporting her daughter's 'choice' to carry the baby and (shotgun) marry the father. No matter that her 'abstinence only' has failed, again. No matter that her 'conservative' household has failed to instill in her daughter the requirement to 'save herself' until marriage. No matter that while extorting the matter of her 'choice' they work on removing that same choice from other women.

It's despicable.

Š

Old 03-09-08, 07:16 AM   #32
multi

McCain's Voice Mail to Palin Leaked to Press

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 03-09-08, 07:27 AM   #33
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Šiego View Post
It's despicable.
Old 03-09-08, 07:48 AM   #34
multi

Evil Black Grin

S-S-Sufferin' succotash!

Quote:
Democrats, especially on blogs and in private conversations, have savaged Palin for the news that her 17-year-old, unwed daughter Bristol is pregnant and plans to marry the father.
Let the savaging begin..

Quote:
"I'm a f - - -in' redneck" who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes.
"But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s- - - and just f - - -in' chillin' I guess."

"Ya f - - - with me I'll kick [your] ass," he added.

He also claims to be "in a relationship," but states, "I don't want kids."
..more

Quote:
The Palin Meltdown in Slo-Mo
By Greg Sargent - September 1, 2008, 6:20PM

On the same day that the Republicans were forced to dramatically cut back their convention activities, the Palin Meltdown unfolded with extraordinary speed. It's worth pondering the totality of what happened today, in a mere half day...

* The news that Palin once backed the Bridge to Nowhere went national.

* It emerged that Palin has links to the bizarro Alaska Independence Party, which harbors the goal of seceding from the union that McCain and Palin seek to lead.

* The news broke that as governor, Palin relied on an earmark system she now opposes. Taken along with the Bridge to Nowhere stuff, this threatens to undercut her reformist image, something that was key to her selection as McCain's Veep candidate.

* The news broke that Palin's 17-year-old daughter became pregnant out of wedlock at a time when the conservative base had finally started rallying behind McCain's candidacy.

* Barely moments after McCain advisers put out word that McCain had known of Bristol Palin's pregnancy, the Anchorage Daily News revealed that Palin's own spokesperson hadn't known about it only two days ago.

* A senior McCain adviser at the Republican convention was forced into the rather embarrassing position of arguing that McCain had known about the pregnancy "last week" -- without saying what day last week he knew about it.

* It came out that Republican lawyers are up in Alaska vetting Palin -- now, more than 72 hours after it was announced that she'd been picked.

* Palin lawyered up in relation to the trooper-gate probe in Alaska -- a move that ensures far more serious attention to the story from the major news orgs.
Quote:
Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.
"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."
more..

Quote:
First Lady Laura Bush urged us to remember Gov. Sarah Palin’s record as mayor of her hometown from 1996-2002 when assessing her experience. I agree.
Driving around this city today, I decided it looks more or less like a string of strip malls, 45 minutes northeast of Anchorage. I couldn’t help but think that being mayor of a place like this would be something akin to running a large neighborhood watch.
The main highway that runs through town is lined with new big-box stores, including a Target and a Wal-Mart. A handful of fast-food chains as well as some local restaurants also sprinkle the main drag. Breathtaking mountains, the peaks still lightly dusted with snow, create a striking backdrop. Despite the chain stores, this small city feels distant from the rest of the world. I’d have guessed Palin would have run the city with a “we’re in this together” theme.
It turns out she had a somewhat different approach. If a small-town mayor ever ruled with an iron fist — it was Palin. Eleven days after taking office in 1996, she mailed letters to each of the city’s top managers requesting that they resign as a test of loyalty.
The Anchorage Daily News at the time reported the strange events: (via Nexis)
Mayor Sarah Palin sent the resignation requests Thursday to Police Chief Irl Stambaugh, public works director Jack Felton, finance director Duane Dvorak and Mary Ellen Emmons, the head of libraries. A fifth director — John Cooper, who oversaw the city museum — resigned earlier this month after Palin eliminated his position.

Cooper initially resisted resigning, but to no avail. Palin also later fired the police chief, saying she knew in her “heart” that he did not support her. She left the head of libraries a letter saying she was out — though Palin later decided to spare the librarian after being convinced that she would tow the line.
The whole saga is unusual — considering Palin prides herself on being independent and seems to enjoy butting heads with her own party. But, this sounds like she requires fierce loyalty of those who work for her.
more..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 03-09-08 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-09-08, 09:12 AM   #35
theknife

that bikini shot has to be a photochop, no?
Old 03-09-08, 10:15 AM   #36
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
that bikini shot has to be a photochop, no?
yeah.

expect to see more such juvenile hijinks.

Old 03-09-08, 11:49 AM   #37
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

A sign of the times to be sure, from Palin's home town:

Old 03-09-08, 04:34 PM   #38
zombywoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts View Post

palin is unqualified. and i'd say mccain, by the way he chose her is equally so.

- js.
Really...Everyone's so caught up with McCain's #2 anf not the #1 man on the Lib side. Barack Obama is a political lightweight. What makes him more qualified than Palin?

Besides, if the soccer milf was out in left, Palin would be called a progressive.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 11:46 PM   #39
ittybitty

All right Gents! This is the Millennium (2000). She is a lot wiser than yr Hussein....!She is righteous and up front educated! Think twice and vote for the team! Oh, by the way , us females can look as good as we wish......... Good for Todd!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-08, 11:55 PM   #40
daddydirt
even the losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
same playbook, different year: when all else fails, blame the media.
i would no more blame the media for liberal bias than i would blame a leopard for having spots. it's out there in plain sight for anyone with eyes to see.

is the US Weakly/Jann Wenner connection inconsequential in your opinion?
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote