P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 20-04-06, 11:17 AM   #21
pisser
Guv

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Intelligent people will learn how to cope, idiots will just bitch and moan.
What your really saying is "Intelligent people will just continue to take it up the ass without protesting, while idiots are the really smart people, because they might try to actually do something about it"
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-06, 11:41 AM   #22
albed
flippin 'em off

Yeah, your whining and bawling about gas prices for the last 2 years has really done something; it's entertained me and shown everyone what a pathetic crybaby you are.

...and also how you see everything in terms of anal sex.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-06, 01:55 PM   #23
pisser
Guv

Quote:
Yeah, your whining and bawling about gas prices for the last 2 years has really done something; it's entertained me and shown everyone what a pathetic crybaby you are.

...and also how you see everything in terms of anal sex.
Guess you can read very well, I asked "Where is the fukin outrage".

So asswipe, where am I in this message "whining and bawling"?

Maybe you need to get some reading glasses, and also pull your head outa' your ass before popping off. And I really don't give a rat's ass about 'everyone', but apparently you do, what it really shows is that you are a insecure little mean spirited slimebag that really needs to get a life beyond this board.

I could give 2 shits about whether you are riding your little tricycle or walking or whatever.

So, in the words of our buddies across the pond...."Sod off"
Old 22-04-06, 06:31 PM   #24
Hegemonic

Oh Pisser, what won't you be a whiny bitch about?
Old 24-04-06, 08:54 AM   #25
pisser
Guv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegemonic
Oh Pisser, what won't you be a whiny bitch about?
Your and Albed's demise.
Old 24-04-06, 09:56 AM   #26
albed
flippin 'em off

Think you can whine us to death?
Old 24-04-06, 12:22 PM   #27
pisser
Guv

Quote:
Think you can whine us to death?
Seems to me that your the biggest complainer, all you seem to do is complain about the complainers...hypocrite.
Old 24-04-06, 04:01 PM   #28
Hegemonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisser
Your and Albed's demise.
Oooo so edgy!
Old 24-04-06, 05:58 PM   #29
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisser
Your and Albed's demise.
gee, i thought they were the same person

...and if not, they might as well be, no?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-06, 08:48 PM   #30
albed
flippin 'em off

There you go, thinking.
Old 25-04-06, 11:53 AM   #31
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-06, 01:04 PM   #32
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Cool, I almost live close enough to Wyoming to fill up my gas tank there every week.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-06, 02:10 PM   #33
Hegemonic

Thankfully I live near a port, my gas hasn't gone above $2.80, plus, since I live a whole 5 miles from work I can fill up for about $22 and it lasts me a little over 2 weeks.
Old 26-04-06, 10:59 AM   #34
Sinner
--------------------

Well gas prices don’t really stop me from doing what I want to do, but it would be nice to have a little more cash to spend on other things. There are some solutions, we need to build more refineries, we need more oil out of the ground, we need to start drilling in Alaska and other Wildlife sanctuaries, screw the wild life and beauty of that state, we need more rigs off the coast around the world, do you know how much oil there is?, lots, unfortunately a lot of it is under land and water protected by environmental lobbyist. Will Bush as made one recommendation

–“Bush urged lawmakers to expand tax breaks for the purchase of fuel-efficient hybrid automobiles, a politically popular measure that's also supported by environmentalists. He also directed the Environmental Protection Agency to use its authority to temporarily waive air quality laws in states if that would relieve a local gasoline supply shortage.

So want cheap gas?, lets just kill the planet. I just don’t want to hear people like pisser coming back and complaining how they can’t breathe or complaining about beach closures and shit tho. So call your senator and lets start drilling!!!
Old 26-04-06, 07:10 PM   #35
multi
Thanks for being with arse

nice... but unfortunately people would end up getting neither improved gas prices or a protected evironment in either scenario
if fuel-efficient hybrid automobiles become to popular and too effecient
the oil based world economy will suffer so i dont think theres any danger of that happening anytime soon unless theres a major upgrade of how modern western democracy works that is....

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-06, 08:50 AM   #36
albed
flippin 'em off

Bullshit multi. Greater efficiency helps any economy.

As usual, the media refuses to report the downside of hybrids, just like with hydrogen. You have to replace their big expensive batteries every 5-7 years, the charge/discharge cycle is only about 80% efficient so you lose 20% of the energy that could have gone into driving the vehicle by using them, plus you're lugging all their extra weight around with you.

A regular engine fuel efficient vehicle would be better than a hybrid but since it's not "fashionable" you just don't hear that from the media.

The turbodiesel is the most fuel efficient engine practical for automobiles, beating comparable gasoline engines by at least 20%. In the U.S. the switch to low sulfur diesel by 2007 means catalytic converters can be put on diesels making their pollution output comparable to gasoline engines and they'll also be getting a big federal tax credit when people buy one. And since diesel fuel can be made from vegetable oil and coal as well as petroleum, shortages and price spikes should be rare.

So all americans have to do to get 60mpg is squeeze their fat asses and big egos into a small, lightweight, aerodynamic car with a turbodiesel.

Last edited by albed : 27-04-06 at 09:06 AM.
Old 27-04-06, 11:06 AM   #37
pisser
Guv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
So want cheap gas?, lets just kill the planet. I just don’t want to hear people like pisser coming back and complaining how they can’t breathe or complaining about beach closures and shit tho.
Hey brainless, I live in southern California where the air is already quite polluted, and routinely we have beach closures due to the shit factory releasing too much into the ocean.

I haven't complained about it ever, and won't, so that should be a load off of your pea sized brain.
Old 29-04-06, 09:45 AM   #38
dumwaldo
some old putz

WHA WHA WHA, Cry me a fukin river and then drive your car into it and drown.

You are outraged over the cheapest gas prices on the planet. Take a look around the world at what everybody else pays for gas and find me a place that it is cheaper than America.

While you are looking around at what the world pays for gas, why not also look into what types of vehicles the worlds population is driving. Gas prices like this are long overdue in America, if for no other reason, just because the American sense of entitlement.

How many escalades, navigators and yukon's do you think are sold outside America? Have you ever seen european delivery trucks? How many people do you see driving fuel efficient scooters in America? When was the last time you set foot on public transportation?

Perhaps there is no widespread sense of outrage because the vocal majority knows they deserve it. We acted like gluttons for years, sucking up cheap gas and building imensly powered vehicles that stroke our ego's.

Let's not forget, driving is a luxery, not a right. If you do not like the way it work then you can simply opt out of the system by not driving. If you are going to be outraged by gas prices, then why not be outraged over mandatory insurance laws and rising insurance rates. If you are going to be outraged by gas prices why not be outraged at vehicle safety standards and the ever increasing cost of vehicle maintenance to keep in accordance with those standards?

There is simply nothing to be outraged over; it is the way things should be. Even if gas prices double from what they currently are, it will still be the way it is supposed to be.

later,
dumwaldo
Old 29-04-06, 03:44 PM   #39
Hegemonic

I think if any Senator, on either side, was really concerned about gas prices they would suspend the tax on gas, which goes to the government for essentially doing nothing. After refinery costs, taxes, R+d costs and exploration costs the "profit" made by oil companies is about 9 cents a gallon, while the US government makes about 50 cents a gallon...and then have the balls to heap scorn on oil execs for "excessive profit"? Don't make me puke. There's windfall profits alright, and they go straight into the governments pockets.
Old 29-04-06, 04:07 PM   #40
dumwaldo
some old putz

Why should tax breaks be given for gas? Would you also support eliminating the exhorbatant taxes on cigareetes? How about the taxes on alchohol?

What exactly is it about gas that makes it so special that it should be treated differently that any other luxery item?