P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-03-02, 03:19 AM   #1
Kewbase

Exclamation How to make Imorpheus work again. My theory

I have been following the events with IMorpheus .
Too bad it doesn’t work anymore, because maintaining such an indepent FastTracknetwork would be a breakthrough in filesharing.

Don’t know if you know the confidential RIAAmemo about the FastTracknetwork. It contains some usefull information about the structure and procedures You can find this article at http://www.dotcomscoop.com/riaamemo.html

What I get from this it that Morpheus connects to a central login server owned by MusiscCity. If this server is down, Morpheus connects to the supernodes that are mentioned in the registry.

My theory on what happened is that StreamCast/MusicCity closed down their login server last week. That made users of version 1.3.3. connect to the supernodes., thus creating an independent network.
StreamCast/MusicCity has found out what was happening and has rebooted the login server. Morpheus 1.3.3.connects to this server and this login server somehow prevents that you connect to the supernodes.

How to solve this. The Ipadress of the login server is hard coded in the application. If we can find a way to remove or disable this piece of code, Morpheus might try to connect to the supernodes again.
Unfortunately I don’t know how to do this , maybe one of you guys has the necessary knowledge or know someone who can do the job.

I'll be happy to test it.
Kewbase is offline   Reply With Quote