P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-01-04, 06:00 AM   #1
CORRUPTERBUSTER
Apprentice Napsterite

Cool Well known Company Promises Cheap Downloads

If any of you watch Tech TV and heard about this company’s plain to make it possible to people to share music online legally. Of course there is going to be a fee to be able to do this but it won’t be like ITunes where you buy one song for 99cents.

This company has a plan that I think is worth the money. Sure I would still like to get my music for free and most of you would too, however how this company is setting up this plan is very overwhelming if anything else. The only set back is there won’t be any file sharing, only sharing of music. For music collectors like me this plan does sound interesting.
Their plan is for people to sign up for this service and when they do all of their files are uploaded to this company’s servers and will go though a cycle of being turned back into a wav form, re-equalized, normalized, and then returned back into an MP3 at different Bite Rates that you will have the opportunity to choose from. Kind of sounds to good to be true doesn’t it? They figure within six months they should have every song available for downloading, the first people to sign up and pay their fee will receive a one year subscription after their first year.

Ok, now let’s talk about cost and what you get for your money. The cost per-month is going to cost you 30 bucks, and 260 bucks for a full year, now before you get your underwear in a bunch that is unlimited downloads for 30 days or for a year. Unlimited, and for you people who don’t understand that word, it means that you can download as many songs as you want in that amount of time.

How does this company think it will be legal? It is like this guy said, “that all depends on how many people we can get to sign up”. Now if some of you guys really can do the math right you will find out that if in the first year that they can get even just one million people signed up then there is the money for the stupid RIAA. ITunes buy by the song isn’t doing as well as they thought it would, matter of fact on Tech TV a spokesmen for the company said that their sales have dropped, and that their sales are around 5% of total sales.

I know this sounds crazy and some of you might not believe one bit of it. The company’s is pretty well known and have all their eggs in one basket on this theory and if it works as good as they hope it will work then I say more and more people are going to join from all over the world. You do the math, and this theory might just work. 30 bucks a month? Unlimited downloads? In 30 days I could download a lot of music a whole lot of music and in a year? I could fill a few hard drives.

Maybe this is just for collectors as myself, it surly isn’t for you downloader/burner/deleters

All right, now start yelling a screaming at me. I am ready for it.
CORRUPTERBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote