P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 31-03-02, 10:46 PM   #1
petriburg

Default Blubster performance oddities

I sorted out the connection problem with Blubster by changing my Zone Alarm internet setting to medium, so now I connect, sharing 2750 files, and Blubsterites are uploading from me. But what happens when I place an entry in the search panel? Not a darned thing! Was looking for some stuff by Vonda Shepard (should be some of hers), Nils Lufgren (not so sure) and in desperation, Britney Spears. What did I get? A total nil reply to each of those in turn. Waited and waited. Nothing.
So Blubster users, tell me please, is there something else I must do before Blubster will let me download some files? (I thought that since I am able to log on to my personal homepage, and others are able to upload from me, then I should be able to download from others).

"You are old, father William," the young man said,
"And you hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on you head -
Do you think, at your age, it is right?"
Lewis Carroll.
petriburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-02, 12:02 AM   #2
JackSpratts

i'd disable za completely and try again, if nothing else but to eliminate it as the potential problem. i just booted up blubster and pulled down a few groove armada files (at the usual good speeds) so all seems well with the network (except for browsing - some hangups there). maybe mr hunt can shed some light.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-02, 01:23 AM   #3
petriburg

Default more on Blubster

Thanks, J.S., for your timely and thoughtful reply. Tried with ZA disabled, and still no results for Vonda S, or Spitney Brears, but I was using wildcard (five asterisks) in the title. So I tried Salt 'n' Pepa, Push it, and got immediate "replies", same with Sade (forget which track title). Reloaded Zone Alarm, and tried again with the S & P and Sade tracks - same result - plenty of files.
So there we have it - nobody online with Vonda S or Britney Spears files, so nothing to download, hence the blank screen.
And btw, I allowed about three minutes for something to appear in each case. I guess we can't always assume that the music we want is "out there somewhere"! Picture caption should read "What Budgie?"

"You are old, father William," the young man said,
"And you hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on you head -
Do you think, at your age, it is right?"
Lewis Carroll.
petriburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-02, 09:58 AM   #4
JackSpratts

cat 'n' canary too!

glad to hear it's working pb. whenever i'm in a spot i just do "beatles". never failed yet (thanks lads).

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote