P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 30-06-01, 01:43 PM   #1
napho

Default program creates hotlist for Kazaa/Morpheus

http://216.87.94.66/Morpheus_Hotlist
Old 30-06-01, 06:00 PM   #2
Tom9504

Interesting... it seems to work by scanning your open connections using Netstat, and pinging any IPs it finds with a Morpheus port open. It then generates C:\Morpheus_Hotlist.html with hyperlinks to the IP and the open port, where you can get a list of files and download each one.

Nice little program.
Tom9504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-01, 07:07 PM   #3
JackSpratts

i used it about a week ago and had some problems with it. first off, i had to open my computer, local disc c, everytime i activated it. the dos box would close but ie wouldn't open, causing me to have to go grab the app inside. then when i clicked on a file i wanted, windows media player would open with a box that said i needed active x, click here to d/l! but it wouldn't load anything.
the mc boards were alive with the sound of bitching from other equally satisfied customers. it wasn't really fair. the kid was trying to do everyone a favor. he said he'd go back to work and come up with a better version. if he succeeds it will put him way ahead of the code warriors at musiccity.
Old 30-06-01, 07:34 PM   #4
Tom9504

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
i used it about a week ago and had some problems with it. first off, i had to open my computer, local disc c, everytime i activated it. the dos box would close but ie wouldn't open, causing me to have to go grab the app inside. then when i clicked on a file i wanted, windows media player would open with a box that said i needed active x, click here to d/l! but it wouldn't load anything.
Silly... you can set up a batch file easy to open IE with the Morpheus_Hotlist.html file after the program finishes, and when you get to the files you have to use right click, Save Target As... not just click, as that tells IE to open the file instead of downloading.

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
the mc boards were alive with the sound of bitching from other equally satisfied customers. it wasn't really fair. the kid was trying to do everyone a favor. he said he'd go back to work and come up with a better version. if he succeeds it will put him way ahead of the code warriors at musiccity.
I think that's really unfair, people bitching just because they don't know enough about Windows, DOS and IE to make his neat little program work properly - to be honest, it's more an idea than a program, as it's not that much harder to just do it with a DOS prompt (use Netstat) and then put 'IP addy:1214' (1214 is the Morpheus port) into an IE window... same result. However, no-one else ever thought of doing this so he deserves a lot of credit.

edit: A quick-and-dirty batch file to make this program easier to use... just save this text into "morpheus_hotlist.bat" and then make a shortcut to it in the start menu or a quick launch toolbar... works for me.

@echo off
"c:\morpheus_hotlist.exe"
"c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" "c:\morpheus_hotlist.html"

(just change any paths in there that aren't right for your system).

Last edited by Tom9504 : 30-06-01 at 08:13 PM.
Tom9504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-01, 09:32 AM   #5
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom9504

Silly... you can set up a batch file easy to open IE with the Morpheus_Hotlist.html file after the program finishes, and when you get to the files you have to use right click, Save Target As... not just click, as that tells IE to open the file instead of downloading.

good idea. he should have put those instructions in the program.

I think that's really unfair, people bitching just because they don't know enough about Windows, DOS and IE to make his neat little program work properly - to be honest, it's more an idea than a program, as it's not that much harder to just do it with a DOS prompt (use Netstat) and then put 'IP addy:1214' (1214 is the Morpheus port) into an IE window... same result. However, no-one else ever thought of doing this so he deserves a lot of credit.

actually, the netstat suggestion is all over the mc boards. i've posted at least a half dozen netsat 1214 instructions myself ("netstat 4 -an" works well). but most morpheus users (99.9%) find it overly complicated and i don't blame them. it is.

it goes back to an old and basic disagreement about computers in general. are they tools that allow us to work or are they the work themselves? obviously, they are both but most people don't want that. they want the box to do the work. including me.
there is some very strange thinking at play here. they're the only machines i can think of that you turn off by pressing start.