P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 16-06-01, 06:51 AM   #1
zombywoof

Default Gnucleus

I have been using Gnucleus for a while now and found that it yields good returns on file searches and downloads are fast on many of the connections. The search menu is a bit clumsy while the app is seeking good server connections, but other than that, it works fine. Has anyone here been using gnucleus and if so, what's your opinion about it?
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-01, 07:18 AM   #2
JackSpratts

i found it to be good. perhaps the best of the lime/bear/toad types. but even during times of u/l & d/l inactivity there is still a large amount of bandwidth taken.
with adsl i have 1500 kbs down but only 128 up and i do a lot internet work. i couldn't afford to give up that bandwidth while gnucleus (or any client) was idling so i was forced to retired it recently.
Old 21-06-01, 07:31 PM   #3
Pacewon

Umm, I've had difficulties finding some rare songs using gnucleus, it doesn't have as many search results as morheus, but I have added it to my combination of WinMx/Morpheus, by using it occasionally... I like it, would be very good if they got more users on it

ALLAH AKBAR on this
Pacewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-01, 01:12 AM   #4
assorted
WAH!

it appears for now that gnucleus is the best gnutella client. i use it; but rarely do i bother looking for mp3s with it. i just serve with it; and occasionally will luck out and find an app i need with it. gnutella is like fishing by throwing out a net; you end of with a lot of shit; occasionally finding what you need or something you didn't even know was around; but never really finding exactly what you were looking for.

i've heard gnucleus doesn't work well for non-broadband folk; but i'm very happy with many of the features; especially running in the systray. upon it's release i was able to immediately take bearshare off my system, which was nice.

i like serving on a system that's not going to eventually try to make money off my generosity of my bandwidth and files (*cough* morpheus and winmx *cough*).