P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 04-03-03, 05:25 AM   #1
madjid

Cool Sheet Music

Hi there peers,

Anybody knows where to find free music pop/rock sheet music for download? I'm talking here about the real stuff (PDF, for example), not personal transcriptions.

It seems the offer is quite small on P2P tools, am I right?

/Thanks for your help
madjid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-03, 06:46 AM   #2
Shani
Spagal

ive been looking for a while now.. im yet to find a good place for general sheet music online - the only thing i can suggest is to maybe try the yahoo groups.. i found this group with a bunch of people interested in a particular artist, who personally transcribed sheet music that had never been released before by this artist..

if youre tracking down a particular song, post it (and which instrument your looking for) - maybe i can help with the hunt.. occasionally things can be found after trudging many hours through usless inter-mud.. im also interested if anyone knows anything - im sure there has to be some place underground, in irc even, that has everything.. bc there is probably a big demand for free sheet music online, i'd of thought it would be being swapped like mp3s.. and surely if its illegal and saves money its being done..
Old 04-03-03, 10:04 AM   #3
madjid

Cool

Thanks,

It was actually a general question. I'm surprised to see that noone is swapping sheet music, given the success of other media swapping and the OLGA.

It surely isn't due to the necessary conversion/scanning, since even whole PDF-ed novels (!) are being swapped.

Anyway, if anyone hears or knows anything about this, it would be nice to let others know. I'll definitely check the yahoo groups for now. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,

/M
madjid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-03, 09:40 PM   #4
Haole
Pronunciation: 'hau-lE

People are swapping sheet music, or rather, tablature. Just do a search on Kazaa for tab. You may need a program to view the tab, such as TablEdit Viewer. Good luck.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-03, 03:28 AM   #5
Shani
Spagal

Quote:
Originally posted by mdneer
People are swapping sheet music, or rather, tablature.
ah, well - tabs are everywhere online, which is pretty great.. but pages with notes and key signitures in .pdf documents and such i think are what we are looking for..
Old 05-03-03, 06:16 AM   #6
Haole

I was searching for a tab/notation program for pedal steel guitar and I found that TablEdit enables notation and tab, so if you find the tab in this format (I think .TEF), you'll get both (including MIDI playback capability). It's a far cry from that crap that flies freely on the intarweb.
Old 07-03-03, 09:43 PM   #7
KevC
Velut Arbor Aevo

Yeah I want some classical piano pieces to play with. I knew of this site once... I dunno if it's still up *goes to look*
Old 08-03-03, 09:37 AM   #8
Haole

Try this site for historic American music. I think it's cool, but you may or may not be interested.

http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/shee...-subjects.html