P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 03-11-05, 02:06 PM   #1
matrix2012
Apprentice Napsterite

Default I2Phex 0.1.1.35 released

I2Phex 0.1.1.35 released
Quote:
Latest changes in cvs:
- cleaned up synchronization a bit so the GUI doesn't block while doing some
potentially long lasting network operations (flushing connections, etc)

The full installation package can be found at:
http://dev.i2p.net/i2p/i2phex_0.1.1.35_install.exe (pgp sig [link: dev.i2p.net])

Windows users can just run that, installing it into a directory "next to" your I2P installation directory (e.g. if you install I2P in the default location - C:\Program Files\i2p, you should install I2Phex in C:\Program Files\i2phex). *nix/osx users can instead run "java -jar i2phex_0.1.1.35_install.exe", installing it next to their I2P install.

The installer should create an i2phex icon on your desktop and a start menu folder with i2phex and an uninstaller. Whenever you want to run I2Phex, just use either of those, or run the I2Phex.exe in the I2Phex installation directory. *nix/osx users can just use "java -jar i2phex.exe" in the I2Phex installation directory, or can work through the optional shell scripts.

There is also a non-exe version up at:
http://dev.i2p.net/i2p/i2phex_0.1.1.35.zip (pgp sig [link: dev.i2p.net])

This is the plain i2phex without an installer - just unzip it and run the included I2Phex.exe. You won't get a start menu, desktop icon, or uninstaller, but you may not care.

There is also i2phex's "source" release available, but that only includes the partial export that phex's original "makeRelease" bundles. To build from source, I recommend:
Code:
cvs -d server:anoncvs@cvs.i2p.net/cvsroot co i2phex
cd build
ant makeRelease

This builds release/i2phex_0.1.1.35_install.exe and the rest. That ant script assumes ../i2p/ is the i2p source directory, with everything built, plus the contents of ../i2p/build/ available at ../i2p/lib/ (this last restriction will be removed later).

The 0.1.1.34 release has been tagged in CVS as "i2phex_0_1_1_35".

If you're new to I2Phex, you can bootstrap your instance by downloading a list of references from either Complication [link: complication.i2p] or Legion [link: legion.i2p]. You can save the i2phex.hosts file in your ~/.i2phex/ or %HOME%\i2phex\ directories. Alternately, you can load those files in your browser and paste a few lines into the text box at the bottom left of the I2Phex window, "add" them, and then "connect". This, of course, only needs to be done once. Hopefully in a later release we'll have gwebcache support (anyone want to work on that?), but for now, this'll do.
http://forum.i2p.net/

Last edited by matrix2012 : 04-11-05 at 05:54 AM.
matrix2012 is offline   Reply With Quote