P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 23-11-02, 09:21 AM   #1
Mowzer
'

Quote:
Originally posted by Drakonix
I wonder how much the P2P war is costing RIAA & MPAA. No doubt they have deep pockets - but the drain must be significant, with legal battles and anti-copying/anti-trading research on an unprecedented scale.

I wonder how much these legal (and semi-legal, unlawful) efforts and the R&D is really hurting them financially. Probably a lot more than any genuine losses attributable to P2P sharing or other forms they consider “piracy”.
I am not sure, but I would hate to see them drop everything and start focusing 100% on the weakest link ISPs.

The RIAA and co hort's has been effective when they apply themselves, and putting pressure on different groups or getting laws into politicians hands.

If they started today and full out 100% on a war between intellectual property which they wrongly feel they own or are responsible for and ISPs, I think it would be a long and very complex battle of users freedom etc.

I doubt they would be effective at it, and I ISPs have stood up to defending users when they received nasty mail from the media enforcers, but daily, heavy pressure for a few years.

I am not sure what the outcome would be. Regardless, no matter where they focus their efforts, it does as you say hold true, consumers end up paying in one way or another.
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote