P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 27-12-07, 09:41 AM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default RIP Benazir Bhutto

not a good thing...

Quote:
RAWALPINDI, Pakistan (AP) - Pakistan opposition leader Benazir Bhutto was assassinated Thursday in a suicide attack that also killed at least 20 others at a campaign rally, aides said.

The death of the 54-year-old charismatic former prime minister threw the campaign for the Jan. 8 parliamentary elections into chaos and created fears of mass protests and violence across the nuclear-armed nation, an important U.S. ally in the war on terrorism.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-07, 10:05 AM   #2
albed
flippin 'em off

Pffft, who couldn't have seen that coming? I'm suprised she lasted so long.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-07, 05:47 PM   #3
multi
Thanks for being with arse

yes
this is very sad news indeed

She probably was fairly lucky to last so long as Captain Obvious has so eloquently pointed out. Your comments are so worthless albed. Go and bathe in your ever expanding ego and give us all a rest.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-07, 06:15 PM   #4
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Gee....what a lucky break for Musharraf.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-07, 10:09 PM   #5
multi

She died in the same city as her father was hanged by Nixon Admin. puppet, General Zia

"We will make an example of you."

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 28-12-07, 06:44 PM   #6
Nicobie

They have nuks like the Israelies do.

I say bomb both of them.

assholes a pair
Old 28-12-07, 11:19 PM   #7
multi

maybe they will bomb the fuck out of each other if we are all lucky

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 29-12-07, 11:00 PM   #8
ONEMANBANNED
Push "winky" ! Push!!!

she died ... we all know that... but why they keep switching the cause of death 3 times?

she dead ... from shrapnel ? no wait by bullet ?... oopsie she hit her head on the sunroof .?

She got HIT why they keep changing the story?

ONEMANBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-07, 09:34 AM   #9
JackSpratts

latest rumor: inside job. pakistan army behind it since it happened in a "garrison" city and they hosed the crime scene w/high pressure h2o 60 mins after the event. this one could top kennedy for conspiracy buffs.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-07, 03:48 PM   #10
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts View Post
latest rumor: inside job. pakistan army behind it since it happened in a "garrison" city and they hosed the crime scene w/high pressure h2o 60 mins after the event. this one could top kennedy for conspiracy buffs.
Rumor?

The elections are what....next Month? The only way Musharraf was going to win was by fixing the election or murdering Bhutto.

Fixing the election would be difficult, could be questioned and lead to all kinds of nasty press. Murdering Bhutto and blaming Al-qaeda.........so much easier, and who wouldn't believe Al-qaeda did it, especially in a country that is training them on a daily basis.

Oh she was murdered by a terrorist, unfortunately he's the president of Pakistan.

The murdering little dictator.... er, I mean *cough* president had the motive and the means. If al-qaeda had anything to do with it, it was with Musharraf's blessing and full cooperation.

Of course you'll never hear this on CNN. Over the next weeks Musharraff will feed the media with his "proof" of Al-qaedas involvement like the luckily "intercepted" radio message of Al-qaeda bragging about killing Bhutto, as I'm sure plenty of other "evidence" to completely exhonerate him, and that will be the end of it.

I wonder whats next........declaring martial law and putting off the elections so he can stay in power indefinately?

Lets see........Kill Bhutto
.....which inturn will spark off riots and massive violence
.....declare martial law
.....cancel election indefinately
.....stay in power.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Old 31-12-07, 04:33 AM   #11
RDixon

The Bush admin's plan to turn her into Shah 2.0 = fail.

Like everything else Bush has touched; it turned to crap.

She goes back to Pakistan, a country where 90 % of the population blames the west and the USA in particular for all their troubles, sporting a huge USA CIA tattoo on her forehead and a large target on her back and gets killed.

Who could possibly have imagined that would happen?
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 07:10 PM   #12
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDixon View Post
The Bush admin's plan to turn her into Shah 2.0 = fail.

Like everything else Bush has touched; it turned to crap.

She goes back to Pakistan, a country where 90 % of the population blames the west and the USA in particular for all their troubles, sporting a huge USA CIA tattoo on her forehead and a large target on her back and gets killed.

Who could possibly have imagined that would happen?
Bush had nothing to do with Bhutto going back to Pakistan and running for president.

She was sworn in as Prime Minister of Pakistan On December 2, 1988 long before George W. ever imagined he would be President. She's been fighting for health, social welfare and education for the underprivileged, along with trying to end discrimination against women. She spent nearly 6 years either in prison or under detention for her leadership of the Pakistan Peoples Party fighting for these very "democratic" ideals.

This prolific woman attended Radcliffe College and Oxford University. As well as obtaining a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, she also completed a course in International Law and Diplomacy at Oxford. She was hardly anyones "puppet".

The only target she sported was from Al-qaeda and Mussharraf because she wanted real democracy for Pakistan instead of the farce that the ultimate "puppet" Musharraf portrays. Musharraf is no more "president" than Ahmadinejad.

Maybe you should educate yourself before you spout off.

By Benazir Bhutto
Wednesday, November 14, 2007; Page A19

LAHORE, Pakistan -- All through the years of the Soviet empire, its Politburo held "elections." Of course, calling something an election and actually having it be an election are different things.

I am under house arrest in Lahore, barricaded in by Pakistani police with bayonets. Despite Gen. Pervez Musharraf's announcement of a date for parliamentary elections, I doubt that we are in for a change.

I cautioned the general earlier this year that his election as president by the present parliament was illegal. He insisted otherwise.

We agreed to disagree and decided that we both would accept a ruling by the Supreme Court regarding eligibility.

Yet when the court was on the brink of deciding, Musharraf imposed martial law by suspending the constitution, and he removed several of the Supreme Court justices. Today the nation is paying for his mistake.

We are witnessing a farce in Pakistan: While an election schedule has been announced, the problem lies in what has not been announced. No indication has been given as to whether Musharraf will keep his previous commitment to retire as army chief on Thursday.

No date has been given for the lifting of emergency rule; the reconstitution of the election commission; the implementation of fair election practices; the removal of biased officials; or the suspension of the mayors, who control the guns and the funds -- that is, police and government resources -- to adversely influence elections.

Moreover, judges, lawyers, human rights activists and students across the country are in prison or under house arrest. The independent media have been shut down, television stations stopped from broadcasting news. Several foreign journalists have been expelled. Thousands of political activists, a majority from my Pakistan People's Party, have been arrested.

Police have erected barricades and deployed armored personnel carriers and trucks filled with sand to cut off access to my house and to prevent people from going from one city to another.

Musharraf knows how to crack down against pro-democracy forces. He is, however, unwilling or unable to track down and arrest Osama bin Laden or contain the extremists. This is the reality of Pakistan in November 2007.

The only terror that Musharraf's regime seems able to confront is the terror of his own illegitimacy. This is the second time Musharraf has imposed martial law and the second time he has sacked judges since taking over the country in a coup in 1999. It was then that he first promised "to bring true democracy."

The election commission has promulgated election rolls judged illegitimate by Pakistan's Supreme Court and the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs. Some polling sites have been kept secret. Musharraf's political opposition is banned from campaigning or organizing and has been denied access to state-controlled media. We cannot meet, we cannot rally, and when we try to bring the people to the streets they are gassed, beaten and shot at with rubber bullets. This is not only a military dictatorship, it is a classic police state.

On top of a litany of assaults on the rule of law, the general has unilaterally amended the Army Act of 1952 to grant the army the power to try civilians in military courts. Courts-martial will operate by military rules in secret, and defendants are not allowed legal representation.

No attempt has been made to differentiate between average citizens and terrorism suspects associated with militant groups. Many believe that these laws were passed to intimidate pro-democracy forces, not to try terrorism suspects. This is the "democracy" that Musharraf envisages.

While living in America when I attended Harvard in the early 1970s, I saw for myself the awesome, almost miraculous, power of a people to change policy through democratic means. Today I am seeing the power of the people coalescing once again. Journalists, judges, and political and civil activists have joined together against Musharraf's second declaration of martial law. They see him as the obstacle to the democratization of Pakistan.

This is why I have called upon Gen. Musharraf to resign as president and chief of army staff, and to pave the way for the composition of an interim government of national consensus that will oversee the transfer of power to duly elected representatives of the people.

The people of the Soviet Union knew that "elections" for the Politburo were fraudulent. The people of Pakistan know that elections under martial law are a similar sham.

Bhuttos own words... Does it take a genius to figure out who killed her? Not really. It didn't matter who the current US Prsident was, she was going to run for president regardless. Do you really believe that she would still be alive if Gore had been president? This woman didn't set her watch by who the current President of the US was, She's been setting her own agenda for almost 20 years, even before Clinton was President.

If anything her death is more Clintons fault than Bush's. After all he was the blow job receiving cocksucker that flat out refused to deal with terrorists for his entire 8 year Presidency and allowed them to operate completely without fear of repercussions which led directly to the attack on 9/11 less than a year after Bush took office.

No doubt Bush, as with whomever may have been President, wanted to see Bhutto as Pakistans President, if for no other reason than so we could stop playing this "kiss ass" bullshit game with the current self appointed dictator/terrorist Musharraf. Our President was hardly in a position to "dictate" to Bhutto or "attempt" to make her "Shah 2.0."

Bhutto would have been the best thing that ever happened to Pakistan....

The pakistani people knew it .....and Musharraf made sure it didn't happen.
Old 05-01-08, 09:33 PM   #13
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

You make some good points.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-08, 07:13 PM   #14
Nicobie

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. – P.J. O'Rourke

yep

Hope you don't mind me pinching your quote for my sig.
Old 10-01-08, 09:41 AM   #15
albed
flippin 'em off

That's been his sig for years. Why don't you just go whole hog and steal his user title and location too?
Old 10-01-08, 05:38 PM   #16
multi

You never stop trying to pass bullshit off as fact, it's been in his sig for maybe a month or two.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 11-01-08, 08:10 AM   #17
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

It's not a big deal really. I mean it's a quote I found online, and I'm using it online. My heart is not set on private personal use. I don't own the copyright and will not sue Nicobie for using it. I stole it from Mr. O'Rourke, so if Nicobie wants to steal it from me, that's just fine. Maybe he can help pass on the word that we the people need to take the power back and get the money out of Washington.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-08, 10:48 AM   #18
RDixon

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae...-_b_81030.html

"What has somehow escaped attention as a central factor in her death, however, is the pressure applied by Condi Rice for Bhutto to return to Pakistan, and, particularly, the representation Rice made to Bhutto -- against Bhutto's own intuition -- that President Musharraf was in support."
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-08, 06:24 PM   #19
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi View Post
You never stop trying to pass bullshit off as fact, it's been in his sig for maybe a month or two.
Time must really fly in your confusing little world.
Old 15-01-08, 12:30 AM   #20
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDixon View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae...-_b_81030.html

"What has somehow escaped attention as a central factor in her death, however, is the pressure applied by Condi Rice for Bhutto to return to Pakistan, and, particularly, the representation Rice made to Bhutto -- against Bhutto's own intuition -- that President Musharraf was in support."
And your reply/link proves what?.........

That once you decide your either Republican/Democrat/Conservative/Liberal that you only believe rhetoric that supports your beliefs?

Huffington.......give me a break. A liberal version of O'Reilly.

You still don't perceive the point........Which is.....Bhutto would have been supported by ANY/WHOMEVER/WHAT President was currently in office. Gore or ANY other President, Democrat/Repub/Whothefukever, would have openly supported this American educated candidate to replace the scumgag self appointed through violence dictator that now controls a nuclear enabled terrorist breeding country.

Do you really believe that a Democrat version of Ms. Rice, had a Democrat been elected, would have not openly and publicly supported Bhutto just as Rice did? Absofukinlutely he/she/it would have. Once again your blaming Bush for something ANY President/Admin of the US would have done, instead of the actual terrorists/government that murdered her. Are you really ignorant enough to actually believe that without Rice's public support of Bhutto that Musharraf was clueless as to who Americans, as well as the Pakistani people wanted to take control of Pakistan and that Bush/Rice is the reason she was murdered?

FACT.....She only fled her country to protect her children after the corrupt military government again dismissed her as PM and her husband was imprisoned. Over the next nine years, she and her children lived in exile in London, where she continued to advocate the restoration of democracy in Pakistan. The former Prime Minister returned to her Homeland because her children had grown up and she wanted to be Prime Minister again, an office she was wrongly and illegally dismissed from. She returned because the 2008 election was upcoming and she wanted to end the reign of corrupt military governments, the likes of which, executed her father and imprisoned and oppressed her and her husband over the last 20 years.....NOT because Condi Rice and the Bush admin "pressured" her into it.

Musharraf is a fukin pussy compared to General Zia Ul Haq, Ghulam Ishaq Khan and Leghari. The last "somewhat" conservative President Pakistan had, Nawaz Sharif, was overthrown almost before he took office. No doubt with Americas war on Terrorism and Musharrafs bullshit Democracy for Pakistan farce she believed this was her best and last chance of being PM again. After the personal sacrifice this woman went through for the Pakistani people she was hardly naive enough to think her attempt to become PM was going to be a cakewalk or without risk to her life.

Within hours of her return in 2007, her motorcade was attacked by a suicide bomber that killed more than 100 of her supporters. She knew from day one that the Bush admin couldn't protect her, yet she didn't turn tail and run back to London. Hardly the actions of a woman being "pressured" into doing something she didn't want to.