P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 10-11-07, 02:58 AM   #1
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Question Democrats to drop renewable energy standard out of the energy bill

Quote:
Pelosi and Reid are just about to do the stupidest thing imaginable: pull the rug out from underneath the blossoming renewable energy economy at the time when we need it most.

(Start reaching for your phone...)

Just as every single magazine in the country is giving the energy crisis more press than Paris Hilton, and just as renewable energy is becoming the entrepreneurial equivalent of the internet revolution and just as the news about climate change is getting weirder and scarier every time we open the freakin' paper, our crazy-assed Democratic leaders are completely dropping the ball, and you gotta call Capitol Hill right now and tell them to get their head's straight fast.

As Adam Browning of Vote Solar put it "Thursday morning, Senator Reid and Speaker Pelosi decided to drop the renewable energy standard out of the energy bill and drop the tax title. No tax title means no extension of the investment tax credit for solar, and no extention of the production tax credit for wind. Let's see...nothing for solar, plus nothing for wind, hmmm, add no renewable energy standard, carry the zero...yep, that adds up to precisely nothing for renewable energy.

Got that? Congressional leadership is moving an energy bill with nothing in it for renewable energy. Dropping the biggest pro-solar provision this country has ever seen, just when the industry is gaining momentum and making an impact."

According to Adam, we've got maybe 24 hours to turn this around. 24 hours. That's not a lot of time.

Now he suggested a script to use when you call the Hill, but mine is better, it goes like this:

'Hi Senator Pelosi? Um, 90% of America, would like more renewable energy and you are ignoring them? So you're either crazy or you are possessed by the devil. Which one is it? I hope you're possessed by the devil because insanity takes years of therapy to cure and we are running out of time but all you need to get rid of Satan is a flask of holy water and a sober village priest. So, get your exorcism on sister and get the 8-year extension for the solar investment tax credits in the energy bill. Do it, do it now. Thank you very much.'

You can use the same script for Reid, only don't call him "sister."

Pelosi's offices number is 202- 225-4965
Reid's office's number is 202-224-3542

Then you should call your Congressman or woman and get all fired up on this too. You can find your congressional leader here. Tell 'em stuff like this:

* Clean energy means jobs and energy independence.
* America needs carbon-free renewable energy immediately. Tons of it.
* Renewable energy is a key component in the war against climate change.
* The energy bill must extend investment tax credits for solar.
* Yes, you know you are shouting, it's just that you are really very pissed off about this and you really want them do something about it.

Come on, Act Now!

This is really serious stuff. This is a call to arms. We're fighting a two front war against climate change and woefully short sighted politicians. Call your friends, aunts, uncles, the whole lot of them. Get everyone dialing. Today.

Because time is running out in more ways than one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/toby-b...r_b_71888.html

What's happening in the USA these days?
Have you become a Christian version of a Muslim Theocracy?

Fuck the devil..she (Pelosi) has been bought and sold by corporate interests, as it would seem the majority of the Democrats have been,especially the Clinton camp.

ok ,it was a joke..but wtf?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 08:28 AM   #2
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Corporations haven't just bought politicians, multi, they've bought the whole environmental movement. In case you haven't noticed, environmentalism is the latest fashion. Reread what you've posted:
Quote:
Every single magazine in the country is giving the energy crisis more press than Paris Hilton, and renewable energy is becoming the entrepreneurial equivalent of the internet revolution...
In other words, renewable energy is more profitable now than ever before, meaning it no longer needs to be subsidized by the government to get moving because it is well underway. If anything, renewable energy should be taxed like other sources of energy. There's nothing the government can do to hurt the renewable energy industry now, not as long as the media keeps telling us that we're all going to die unless we buy a Prius and a few solar panels.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 09:30 AM   #3
multi

Thanks Captain..
Something tells me it's a lot more than just the sales of the Prius and solar panels you are talking about here... it's more about the the government not getting taxes from it ,as you mentioned or maybe stopping people from powering vehicles on things like water... but theres a lot more about keeping a long term dependence on Oil, about not giving the general population access to ideas and technologies that would unhook them from relying on petrochemicals for heating ,transport and packaging....
In case you would like to pull me up on my previous post in the 'AlGore' thread
Quote:
Global Warming is being used by established western industrial nations in conjunction with globalist groups such as the CFR, Bilderberg and the Trilateral Commission, which are populated with heads of corporate industry, to place draconian restrictions upon developing countries and force up energy prices. Industrial globalists have everything to gain from perpetuating the man made theory, the logic that they would conspire against climate change advocates is impaired.
This Climate 'change' may be , inevitable ,non-existant or both
but it won't alter the fact that we are being kept back from technology that could of been on the way to being devolped many decades ago. So if renewable energy is becoming the entrepreneurial equivalent of the internet revolution , we should really start getting the real picture on this whole subject..... very, very soon.

Bullshit... it will never happen... you know it, I know it. What will happen is you will see many more years of this same repetitive obscurification by those that gain from Oil and Petro-chemical sales.

So it is corporate kickbacks to the Democrats that is making them ditch the 8-year extension for the solar investment tax credits in the energy bill you reckon then , Mazer?

Not insanity, the devil or something else but influence of interests such as CFR, Bilderberg and the Trilateral Commission, because that is a bit unusual

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 10-11-07, 03:00 PM   #4
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

My opinion on this subject seems to be overall the same as yours. We need to see incentives for development of a host of environmentally responsible programs. For example, more people would take advantage of solar energy if it was not so expensive.

Quote:
Have you become a Christian version of a Muslim Theocracy?
I certainly looks that way for them, doesn’t it? I don’t think they want to destroy the U.S. by giving in to terrorists, I think they are just being opportunistic. They just want to get into (public) office, and do not care about the aftermath. Whatever bad things happen will just be blamed on the previous administration(s). This is very short-sighted and very dangerous.

If you think Pelosi and Reid are bad, wait and see what happens if Hillary Clinton gets in the White House. The 2008 vote so far looks like trying to pick the lesser of evils from the available candidates and hope for the best, but expect the worst.

No disrespect to anyone is intended but I think that the issue with the Dems and the tax credits thing is that the Dems would rather encourage change (to more environmentally sound technologies) by taxing carbon emissions rather than encourage such changes through tax credits or similar types of incentives.

Whereas both taxation and tax credits would encourage changes, tax credits encourage change and does not cause bureaucratic induced waste, and is not confiscatory.

The kind of changes that need to happen can not happen overnight. Whereas changes won’t come swiftly, they are far less likely to come at all if there is no incentive for change.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 07:44 PM   #5
multi

Quote:
They just want to get into (public) office, and do not care about the aftermath.
A lot of inaction and excuse making is making Clinton and Pelosi look like weak corporate whores to a lot of people. The Ron Paul camp is picking up 100's of supporters disenchanted with the Democrats daily, probably enough to swing the whole election again to the Republicans, even though he himself stands a slim chance of making the nomination he could really screw the balance of things for the Democrats.

Quote:
The thin veil covering the almost indistinguishable difference between the two major parties has all but disappeared. The good Congressman from Texas named Ron Paul is the only candidate that comes with no strings attached leading to globalist puppeteers. Paul's popular yet simple message of freedom is spreading, while the establishment scrambles to scare up support from ever more skeptical Americans for their increasingly un-popular candidates.
http://oldthinkernews.com/Articles/o...ry_clinton.htm

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 10-11-07, 09:37 PM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

You pathetic dipshits still don't get it; the dems say whatever trips your idiot triggers and gets your votes with no intention of turning their rhetoric into action.

You're all mosttly free to put solar panels on your roofs or windmill generators in your yards or battery powered cars in your garages and if you're too dumb to do it yourself you can pay someone to do it for you.

BUT YOU DON'T!!

Why is that the government's fault? It didn't make you stupid worthless lackeys, that's your parents doing. And they should have killed you when you first showed how stupid and worthless you really were.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 12:13 AM   #7
multi

Another typically stupid and worthless post from albed.. you never want to contribute anything to the discussion, you use it as just another opportunity to launch into some poorly thought out vitriolic statements about others. Your intention obviously to discourage people from posting anything ,admittedly it works ,not because you are intelligent or clever.. but because most people can't be bothered with your repetitive narcissistic accusations... in a nutshell you are fucking boring.

SO tell us, what is it that makes you worth so much and the rest so worthless, as you continually try and assert?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 11-11-07, 06:39 AM   #8
albed
flippin 'em off

I'm not always trying to blame problems on others even to the extent of making up fictional people to blame. Bilderberg this, bilderberg that... you're just fucking pathetic multi.
Old 11-11-07, 08:00 AM   #9
multi

You really are not very bright are you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

Bilderberg Group Annual Meetings

* 1954 (May 29-31) at the Hotel de Bilderberg in Oosterbeek, Netherlands
* 1955 (March 18-20) at the Hotellerie Du Bas-Breau in Barbizon, France
* 1955 (September 23-25) at the Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, West Germany
* 1956 (May 11-13) at the Hotel Store Kro in Fredensborg, Denmark
* 1957 (February 15-17) at the King and Prince Hotel in St. Simons Island, Georgia, USA
* 1957 (October 4-6) at the Grand Hotel Palazzo della Fonte in Fiuggi, Italy
* 1958 (September 13-15) at the The Palace Hotel in Buxton, England
* 1959 (September 18-20) at the Çinar Hotel in Yeşilköy, Istanbul, Turkey
* 1960 (May 28-29) at the Palace Hotel in Bürgenstock, Nidwalden, Switzerland
* 1961 (April 21-23) at the Manoir St. Castin in Lac-Beauport, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
* 1962 (May 18-20) at the Grand Hotel Saltsjöbaden in Saltsjöbaden, Sweden
* 1963 (May 29-31) in Cannes, France
* 1964 (March 20-22) in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
* 1965 (April 2-4) at the Villa d'Este in Cernobbio, Italy
* 1966 (March 25-27) at the Nassauer Hof Hotel Wiesbaden in Wiesbaden, West Germany
* 1967 (March 31-April 2) in Cambridge, England
* 1968 (April 26-28) in Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada
* 1969 (May 9-11) at the Hotel Marienlyst in Helsingør, Denmark
* 1970 (April 17-19) at the Grand Hotel Quellenhof in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland
* 1971 (April 23-25) at the Woodstock Inn in Woodstock, Vermont, USA
* 1972 (April 21-23) at the La Reserve di Knokke-Heist in Knokke, Belgium
* 1973 (May 11-13) at the Grand Hotel Saltsjöbaden in Saltsjöbaden, Sweden [1]
* 1974 (April 19-21) at the Hotel Mont d'Arbois in Megeve, France
* 1975 (April 22-24) at the Golden Dolphin Hotel in Çeşme, İzmir, Turkey
* 1976 no conference. The 1976 Bilderberg conference was planned for April at The Homestead in Hot Springs, Virginia, USA. Due to the ongoing Lockheed scandal involving Prince Bernhard at the time, it had to be cancelled.
* 1977 (April 22-24) at the Paramount Imperial Hotel in Torquay, England
* 1978 (April 21-23) at the Chauncey Conference Center in Princeton, New Jersey, United States
* 1979 (April 27-29) at the Grand Hotel Sauerhof in Baden bei Wien, Austria
* 1980 (April 18-20) at the Dorint Sofitel Quellenhof Aachen in Aachen, West Germany
* 1981 (May 15-17) at the Palace Hotel in Bürgenstock, Nidwalden, Switzerland
* 1982 (May 14-16) at the Rica Park Hotel Sandefjord in Sandefjord, Norway
* 1983 (May 13-15) at the Château Montebello in Montebello, Quebec, Canada[8]
* 1984 (May 11-13) at the Grand Hotel Saltsjöbaden in Saltsjöbaden, Sweden
* 1985 (May 10-12) at the Doral Arrowwood Hotel in Rye Brook, New York, United States
* 1986 (April 25-27) at the Gleneagles Hotel in Gleneagles, Auchterarder, Scotland
* 1987 (April 24-26) at the Villa d'Este in Cernobbio, Italy
* 1988 (June 3-5) at the Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol in Telfs-Buchen, Austria
* 1989 (May 12-14) at the Gran Hotel de La Toja in La Toja, Spain
* 1990 (May 11-13) at the Harrison Conference Center in Glen Cove, New York, United States
* 1991 (June 6-9) at the Steigenberger Badischer Hof Hotel, Schlosshotel Bühlerhohe in Bühl (Baden) in Baden-Baden, Germany
* 1992 (May 21-24) at the Royal Club Evian Hotel, Ermitage Hotel in Evian-les-Bains, France
* 1993 (April 22-25) at the Nafsika Astir Palace Hotel in Vouliagmeni, Greece
* 1994 (June 2-5) at the Kalastajatorppa Hotel in Helsinki, Finland
* 1995 (June 8-11) at the Palace Hotel in Bürgenstock, Nidwalden, Switzerland
* 1996 (May 30-June 2) at the CIBC Leadership Centre in King City, Canada
* 1997 (June 12-15) at the Pine Isle resort in Lake Lanier, Georgia, United States
* 1998 (May 14-17) at the Turnberry Hotel in Turnberry, Scotland
* 1999 (June 3-6) at the Caesar Park Hotel Penha Longa in Sintra, Portugal
* 2000 (June 1-4) at the Chateau Du Lac Hotel in Genval, Brussels, Belgium
* 2001 (May 24-27) at the Hotel Stenungsbaden in Stenungsund, Sweden
* 2002 (May 30-June 2) at the Westfields Marriott in Chantilly, Virginia, United States
* 2003 (May 15-18) at the Trianon Palace Hotel in Versailles, France
* 2004 (June 3-6) at the Grand Hotel des Iles Borromees in Stresa, Italy
* 2005 (May 5-8) at the Dorint Sofitel Seehotel Überfahrt in Rottach-Egern, Germany[9]
* 2006 (June 8-11) at the Brookstreet Hotel [10] in Kanata, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. See picture of meeting location at time of meeting.
* 2007 (May 31 - June 3) at the Ritz-Carlton hotel[2] in Şişli, Istanbul, Turkey[11]

Would you like me to find the entry for the Trilateral Commission as well?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 11-11-07, 03:28 PM   #10
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

I actually have solar electric panels, a wind generator, and a Prius.

There is nothing wrong with being reasonably responsible toward the environment..

There is a large difference between acting with environmental responsibility and acting with knee-jerk environmental decisions based on less than all the facts.

The point here is that using tax credits to encourage investment in “green technologies” is a much better approach than taxing carbon emissions and playing the musical “pollution credits” ball and shell type game.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 07:07 AM   #11
albed
flippin 'em off

"Tax credit" is just another deceptive term for government handout and if a technology is truly beneficial it doesn't need government handouts for people to invest in it.

Government sponsored alternative energy programs have been popping up for decades and most collapse as soon as the teat goes dry and just waste money and effort that private investment could have directed in a more productive manner.

If government officials want to come straight out and declare CO2 a pollutant they should honestly demonstrate its harmfulness and pass straightfoward laws restricting its release for the public good and then people will adapt with their own very superior ingenuity. But politicians only see fit to use it as propaganda to get themselves political support from the gullible.

If they truly wanted to reduce CO2, nuclear power is tried and proven, but again it's only been used for propaganda by politicians who aren't interested in anything but their own agenda.

Last edited by albed : 12-11-07 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-11-07, 07:33 AM   #12
albed
flippin 'em off

OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi View Post
You really are not very bright are you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

Bilderberg Group Annual Meetings

* 1954 (May 29-31) at the Hotel de Bilderberg in Oosterbeek, Netherlands
* 1955 (March 18-20) at the Hotellerie Du Bas-Breau in Barbizon, France
* 1955 (September 23-25) at the Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, West Germany
* 1956 (May 11-13) at the Hotel Store Kro in Fredensborg, Denmark
* 1957 (February 15-17) at the King and Prince Hotel in St. Simons Island, Georgia, USA
* 1957 (October 4-6) at the Grand Hotel Palazzo della Fonte in Fiuggi, Italy
* 1958 (September 13-15) at the The Palace Hotel in Buxton, England
* 1959 (September 18-20) at the Çinar Hotel in Yeşilköy, Istanbul, Turkey
* 1960 (May 28-29) at the Palace Hotel in Bürgenstock, Nidwalden, Switzerland
* 1961 (April 21-23) at the Manoir St. Castin in Lac-Beauport, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
* 1962 (May 18-20) at the Grand Hotel Saltsjöbaden in Saltsjöbaden, Sweden
* 1963 (May 29-31) in Cannes, France
* 1964 (March 20-22) in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
* 1965 (April 2-4) at the Villa d'Este in Cernobbio, Italy
* 1966 (March 25-27) at the Nassauer Hof Hotel Wiesbaden in Wiesbaden, West Germany
* 1967 (March 31-April 2) in Cambridge, England
* 1968 (April 26-28) in Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada
* 1969 (May 9-11) at the Hotel Marienlyst in Helsingør, Denmark
* 1970 (April 17-19) at the Grand Hotel Quellenhof in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland
* 1971 (April 23-25) at the Woodstock Inn in Woodstock, Vermont, USA
* 1972 (April 21-23) at the La Reserve di Knokke-Heist in Knokke, Belgium
* 1973 (May 11-13) at the Grand Hotel Saltsjöbaden in Saltsjöbaden, Sweden [1]
* 1974 (April 19-21) at the Hotel Mont d'Arbois in Megeve, France
* 1975 (April 22-24) at the Golden Dolphin Hotel in Çeşme, İzmir, Turkey
* 1976 no conference. The 1976 Bilderberg conference was planned for April at The Homestead in Hot Springs, Virginia, USA. Due to the ongoing Lockheed scandal involving Prince Bernhard at the time, it had to be cancelled.
* 1977 (April 22-24) at the Paramount Imperial Hotel in Torquay, England
* 1978 (April 21-23) at the Chauncey Conference Center in Princeton, New Jersey, United States
* 1979 (April 27-29) at the Grand Hotel Sauerhof in Baden bei Wien, Austria
* 1980 (April 18-20) at the Dorint Sofitel Quellenhof Aachen in Aachen, West Germany
* 1981 (May 15-17) at the Palace Hotel in Bürgenstock, Nidwalden, Switzerland
* 1982 (May 14-16) at the Rica Park Hotel Sandefjord in Sandefjord, Norway
* 1983 (May 13-15) at the Château Montebello in Montebello, Quebec, Canada[8]
* 1984 (May 11-13) at the Grand Hotel Saltsjöbaden in Saltsjöbaden, Sweden
* 1985 (May 10-12) at the Doral Arrowwood Hotel in Rye Brook, New York, United States
* 1986 (April 25-27) at the Gleneagles Hotel in Gleneagles, Auchterarder, Scotland
* 1987 (April 24-26) at the Villa d'Este in Cernobbio, Italy
* 1988 (June 3-5) at the Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol in Telfs-Buchen, Austria
* 1989 (May 12-14) at the Gran Hotel de La Toja in La Toja, Spain
* 1990 (May 11-13) at the Harrison Conference Center in Glen Cove, New York, United States
* 1991 (June 6-9) at the Steigenberger Badischer Hof Hotel, Schlosshotel Bühlerhohe in Bühl (Baden) in Baden-Baden, Germany
* 1992 (May 21-24) at the Royal Club Evian Hotel, Ermitage Hotel in Evian-les-Bains, France
* 1993 (April 22-25) at the Nafsika Astir Palace Hotel in Vouliagmeni, Greece
* 1994 (June 2-5) at the Kalastajatorppa Hotel in Helsinki, Finland
* 1995 (June 8-11) at the Palace Hotel in Bürgenstock, Nidwalden, Switzerland
* 1996 (May 30-June 2) at the CIBC Leadership Centre in King City, Canada
* 1997 (June 12-15) at the Pine Isle resort in Lake Lanier, Georgia, United States
* 1998 (May 14-17) at the Turnberry Hotel in Turnberry, Scotland
* 1999 (June 3-6) at the Caesar Park Hotel Penha Longa in Sintra, Portugal
* 2000 (June 1-4) at the Chateau Du Lac Hotel in Genval, Brussels, Belgium
* 2001 (May 24-27) at the Hotel Stenungsbaden in Stenungsund, Sweden
* 2002 (May 30-June 2) at the Westfields Marriott in Chantilly, Virginia, United States
* 2003 (May 15-18) at the Trianon Palace Hotel in Versailles, France
* 2004 (June 3-6) at the Grand Hotel des Iles Borromees in Stresa, Italy
* 2005 (May 5-8) at the Dorint Sofitel Seehotel Überfahrt in Rottach-Egern, Germany[9]
* 2006 (June 8-11) at the Brookstreet Hotel [10] in Kanata, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. See picture of meeting location at time of meeting.
* 2007 (May 31 - June 3) at the Ritz-Carlton hotel[2] in Şişli, Istanbul, Turkey[11]

Would you like me to find the entry for the Trilateral Commission as well?
Wow, what overwhelming evidence that it does everything you claim; a big list.
Old 12-11-07, 05:36 PM   #13
multi

Quote:
making up fictional people to blame.
Yes! A BIG LIST!
So what now, idiot?

They sure have had a lot of annual meetings over the years for people that don't exist...

Maybe they just don't exist because you see them as untouchable, above the law.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 14-11-07, 07:49 AM   #14
albed
flippin 'em off

Maybe they don't exist because they don't do anything.
Old 20-11-07, 07:18 PM   #15
Nicobie

The point here is that using tax credits to encourage investment in “green technologies” is a much better approach than taxing carbon emissions and playing the musical “pollution credits” ball and shell type game.

Yep, thats right....................
Old 20-11-07, 08:02 PM   #16
multi

I apologize for being off topic, but the reasons why these people who should be doing more to channel more resources to renewable energy development, are kicking them in the teeth instead...

While Bilderberg is a just one tiny conference of elite rich and political leaders.. the tip of an iceberg of corruption in high places, the idea that albed can just declare they 'they don't do anything' is pretty laughable.

Quote:
its critics say Bilderberg's selection process gives an extra boost to aspiring politicians whose views are friendly to big business. None of this, however, is easy to prove - or disprove.

Observers like Will Hutton argue that such private networks have both good and bad sides. They are unaccountable to voters but, at the same time, they do keep the international system functioning. And there are limits to their power - a point which Bilderberg chairman was keen to stress, "When people say this is a secret government of the world I say that if we were a secret government of the world we should be bloody ashamed of ourselves."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4290944.stm
try some searches
http://www.google.com/search?q=clinton+bilderberg
http://www.google.com/search?q=bush+bilderberg
http://www.google.com/search?q=cheney+bilderberg
http://www.google.com/search?q=gore+bilderberg

bad mojo for the dems

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 20-11-07, 08:42 PM   #17
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
"Tax credit" is just another deceptive term for government handout and if a technology is truly beneficial it doesn't need government handouts for people to invest in it.
no, but it sure helps. like it did for the railroads or the Internet or the Space Program. they don't teach you this in Wingnut 101, but there is lots of precedent for successful government investment in technology.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-07, 11:26 AM   #18
albed
flippin 'em off

I wouldn't say "lots" but your picks are hilarious; railroads were a morass of government corruption, shoddy construction, and monopolistic abuse in the 19th century, the government actually fought off private investment aimed at taking the internet public for a time, and the billions of dollars wasted and lives lost with that space shuttle boondoggle are a mark of government incompetence that even a semi-literate surf-monkey should know about.

Last edited by albed : 23-11-07 at 11:55 AM.
Old 23-11-07, 11:50 AM   #19
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
I wouldn't say "lots" but your picks are hilarious; railroads were a morass of government corruption, shoddy construction, and monopolistic abuse in the 17th century, the government actually fought off private investment aimed at taking the internet public for a time, and the billions of dollars wasted and lives lost with that space shuttle boondoggle are a mark of government incompetence that even a semi-literate surf-monkey should know about.
corruption and waste is a moot point - these are investments in technology that were advanced in giant leaps because of government-industry collaboration and they spun off hundreds of successful industries. but it's fun to force you to argue with success.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-07, 03:47 PM   #20
albed
flippin 'em off

Oh bullshit, the railroads were basically just land grants and the internet was practically an accident and the shuttle was actually a step backward in space travel. Pry your lips off the government ass and get some fresh air.