P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 26-10-07, 12:25 AM   #1
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Default Human race will 'split into two different species'

The human race will one day split into two separate species, an attractive, intelligent ruling elite and an underclass of dim-witted, ugly goblin-like creatures, according to a top scientist.

100,000 years into the future, sexual selection will mean that two distinct breeds of human will have developed.

The alarming prediction comes from evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry from the London School of Economics, who says that the human race will have reached its physical peak by the year 3000. ...more

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 05:37 AM   #2
albed
flippin 'em off

Pure fantasizing without a bit of data or even a hypothesis; it's just going to happen. "Top scientist" hah.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 07:21 AM   #3
daddydirt
even the losers

Evil Black Grin

Morlocks rule!
Attached Images

daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 07:36 AM   #4
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

looks like we'll probably need a separate forum section for those of you who wind up in the underclass of dim-witted, ugly goblin-like creatures. i'll talk to Gaz.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 07:49 AM   #5
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I tend to agree with a theory put forward by Larry Niven on this subject. He suggested that human nature precludes human evolution as the strongest people tend to hazard death in wars to protect those too weak to fight, usually before they've had a chance to add their superior genes to the pool.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 08:31 AM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

Wars are seldom very devastating to a population, historical casuality numbers are almost always vastly exaggerated and civilians often fare worse than soldiers. So I'd flush that theory.

Biotechnology will probably steer human evolution in the future imo. Designer babies for the wealthy at first and then for the middle class as it becomes more affordable.
Old 26-10-07, 08:52 AM   #7
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
looks like we'll probably need a separate forum section for those of you who wind up in the underclass of dim-witted, ugly goblin-like creatures. i'll talk to Gaz.
Hmmm, don't you mean "those of us"?
Old 26-10-07, 01:30 PM   #8
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Hmmm, don't you mean "those of us"?
well, somebody has to be the attractive, intelligent ruling elite. that goblin thing is really not a good look for me.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 02:32 PM   #9
albed
flippin 'em off

But it's halloween; oh well, the prince valiant look will suit you well enough I suppose.

ga-ay
Old 29-10-07, 09:09 AM   #10
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Wars are seldom very devastating to a population, historical casuality numbers are almost always vastly exaggerated and civilians often fare worse than soldiers. So I'd flush that theory.

Biotechnology will probably steer human evolution in the future imo. Designer babies for the wealthy at first and then for the middle class as it becomes more affordable.
Niven's explanation may be flawed or incomplete, but there are likely many reasons why humans no longer evolve by means of natural selection and biotechnology is just one of them. In all cases the new motive forces behind human evolution are social rather than biological in nature.
Old 29-10-07, 09:52 AM   #11
albed
flippin 'em off

Nonsense. You're just as bad as that "top scientist" with no evidence or explanation, just your pronouncement. And biotechnology certainly isn't a "social force" so you're already contradicting yourself.

Society has little or nothing to do with reproduction, it's a fairly personal choice made mostly by women imo, at least in advanced, liberal countries with birth control options. And they're still driven by animal instinct from what I can determine, so they're still selecting for looks, health, wealth, etc. even when it's from a sperm bank. So I really don't see any "social" forces at work. But feel free to elaborate.
Old 29-10-07, 06:09 PM   #12
multi

'advanced', liberal countries?

Wouldn't that would be a contradiction of terms for you albed? Or maybe you are saying there needs to be a balance of liberal and conservative to attain the status of 'advanced' country?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 29-10-07, 08:03 PM   #13
RDixon

It's easy to be optimistic when you are predicting something that is 100,000 years in the future.
I don't see any humans around after a few hundred years.
Hell, there may not be any of us left alive after just the next 50 years.
I do see a strange looking metalic thing that is saying "bite my shiny metal ass" and "kill all humans".
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-07, 08:26 PM   #14
Nicobie

Default Don't be so slow...........

Hasn't that already happened?

And how will mother nature deal with it.

Old 29-10-07, 11:17 PM   #15
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi View Post
'advanced', liberal countries?

Wouldn't that would be a contradiction of terms for you albed? Or maybe you are saying there needs to be a balance of liberal and conservative to attain the status of 'advanced' country?
He means liberal as in free, not liberal as in leftist.

Quote:
Nonsense. You're just as bad as that "top scientist" with no evidence or explanation, just your pronouncement. And biotechnology certainly isn't a "social force" so you're already contradicting yourself.

Society has little or nothing to do with reproduction, it's a fairly personal choice made mostly by women imo, at least in advanced, liberal countries with birth control options. And they're still driven by animal instinct from what I can determine, so they're still selecting for looks, health, wealth, etc. even when it's from a sperm bank. So I really don't see any "social" forces at work. But feel free to elaborate.
I will, but what I'm about to write should be obvious.

You're trying to convince me that attraction is the only factor in reproduction because attraction is a product of instinct while society is not, but you're wrong. Societies occur in most classes of vertebrates and in many arthropods, the vast majority of which behave solely out of instinct because they lack the capacity for emotion and intellect. You'll find societies in animals ranging from lions to ants. So society is a product of instinct and as such its purpose is to enhance reproductivity.

Like most people you've gotten into the habit of equating sex and reproduction, but because of birth control we don't have to apply that kind of thinking to ourselves. People use contraceptives when they want to fuck, not when they want to mate. Humans and animals alike fuck out of instinct, but for humans reproduction is a conscious choice. And because we are social creatures our reproductive decisions are deeply affected by social pressure.

I wasn't contradicting myself by saying biotechnology is a social force because I didn't say that biotechnology is a social force. I did say that it is one of many processes that has superseded natural selection and that it is a result of social forcings.

Last edited by Mazer : 29-10-07 at 11:28 PM.
Old 30-10-07, 12:21 AM   #16
multi

You guys use fucking 'liberal' in one breath as discription of a blight on your precious economy, a scourge on progress ,a political bent held by crazies whos fucked up ideas are a constant drain on society. Then you tell me that it means 'free'?
To me it means the conservatives in this country.

It's the one aspect of democracy and freedom that you love to enforce on the rest of the world.. but it's bullshit. It was once 'free' built on the ideas of 'free' men, but all that has changed.

Thats what people hate about you conservatives , you take all that is good in the world and suck it up for all it's worth then regurgitate it as some hideous represtentaion of what it once was.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 30-10-07, 05:31 AM   #17
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
You're trying to convince me that attraction is the only factor in reproduction because attraction is a product of instinct while society is not, but you're wrong. Societies occur in most classes of vertebrates and in many arthropods, the vast majority of which behave solely out of instinct because they lack the capacity for emotion and intellect. You'll find societies in animals ranging from lions to ants. So society is a product of instinct and as such its purpose is to enhance reproductivity.
Society's purpose is to increase survival, if anything it's inhibited reproduction significantly. And this thread's about the "human race" so you can leave out the ants and lions until our society has one reproductive female birthing thousands or men start killing babies that aren't theirs.

Quote:
I wasn't contradicting myself by saying biotechnology is a social force because I didn't say that biotechnology is a social force.
Quote:
but there are likely many reasons why humans no longer evolve by means of natural selection and biotechnology is just one of them. In all cases the new motive forces behind human evolution are social
I don't know which is worse someone who can't understand his own post or someone who's never noticed that some words have multiple definitions.

Quote:
Like most people you've gotten into the habit of equating sex and reproduction
Please tell me about your strange society with sexless reproduction and quote me where I equated that anyway. I said "animal instinct" and it's right up there for you to liberally reinterpret apparently. -jump multi, jump.

Quote:
but for humans reproduction is a conscious choice. And because we are social creatures our reproductive decisions are deeply affected by social pressure.
I said it's instinctive, not unsconcious, but you can't consciously decide someone's attractive. And where's that "social pressure" again? Science demands data. Just because you declare it so isn't good enough for me.
Old 30-10-07, 09:54 AM   #18
multi

Quote:
Theory of Social Impact

Bibb Latanč‚ has been involved actively in trying to understand the influence of others on social behavior. His early work with John Darley demonstrated that people are less likely to help someone in an emergency if there are other people around. The concept of diffusion of responsibility explains the bystander effect by saying that responsibility for helping is equally distributed among all of the people present. Hence, if you are alone, the responsibility of helping or not helping is totally yours, but if you are one of four people, only 25 percent of it is yours.
Latanč‚ has also investigated the phenomenon of social loafing, which states that in a group of people each one contributes less than he or she would contribute alone. He found that when eight people clapped their hands, the sound was not eight times as loud as the sound of each one individually, and that in a game of tug-of-war the force was not multiplied by the number of people pulling on the rope.
Latanč‚ combined much of his research into a new theory called the theory of social impact. There are several principles included in this theory. First, the more people present, the more influence they will have on each individual. Additionally, the more important the people are to the individual, the more influence they will have on him or her.
Second, the theory of social impact states that while the impact of others on the individual increases as the number of people increases, the rate of increase in impact grows less as each new individual is added. For example, if you are giving a presentation to three people and a fourth one joins the group, this is more significant than if you were giving a presentation to 31 people and one more joined.
Third, each individual can influence others; but the more people are present, the less influence any one individual will have. Thus, we are more likely to listen attentively to a speaker if we are in a small group than if we were in a large group.
Latanč‚ has tested his theory of social impact in a variety of situations. In his 1981 paper, he reports that people tip more if they have separate bills than if they share in a group bill. In parties of six, if each person is given an individual bill, the tipping is about 19 percent, while in groups of six with a group bill, each individual contributes only about 13 percent.
In another study, Latanč‚ tested the hypothesis that television evangelist Billy Graham would be more effective in front of small audiences. He researched the numbers of people who responded to Graham's appeal for converts in various-sized audiences. He found that when the audiences were small, people were more willing to sign cards allowing local ministers to contact them than when the audiences were large.
Social psychologists are just beginning to research the theory of social impact (Jackson, 1987). Already it has made many predictions that could be useful in understanding human behavior. Further research will test the validity of these predictions.
Going on this idea it would mean, the more people with kids the more chances you would find childless people outnumbering parents in that age group over time but thats not whats happening. Of course it is instinctive to mate but thats not where it ends ,social pressure maybe only one variable of something far more complex if you take into consideration things like the individuals mental health and if they are in a co-dependent relationship. Again like liberal, it's a multiple of values that creates a definition of what human reproduction is.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 30-10-07, 07:52 PM   #19
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi View Post

Thats what people hate about you conservatives , you take all that is good in the world and suck it up for all it's worth then regurgitate it as some hideous represtentaion of what it once was.

Hahahahahahahahaahhaa...

what a dillweed.

Old 31-10-07, 12:50 AM   #20
multi

go fuck a pushbike..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard