P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 02-08-07, 01:05 PM   #1
pisser
Guv

Skull Bridge collapse and Infrastructure concerns...

It just amazes me how we can spend gazillions on a unwinnable war, but our politicians continue to let our infrastructure crumble and wither away....because they just love to raid our transportation funds for other useless legislation and follies....like the donkey georges so called ' war '.
Unbelievable.
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 03:54 PM   #2
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Unhappy terrible tragedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=854mrJaDcS8

before:

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Minneap...wloc=addr&om=1

after:
Attached Images

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 05:17 PM   #3
multi

Money for infrastructure? stuff like, levee rebuilding and roads ,freeways, bridges..etc ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6920988.stm

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 02-08-07, 06:21 PM   #4
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisser View Post
our politicians continue to let our infrastructure crumble and wither away....because they just love to raid our transportation funds for other useless legislation and follies
You could always ask for them to raise gasoline taxes to cover infrastructure costs.

Anyway, the bridge collapsed while road work was being done. If you think the bridge collapsed due to habitual neglect and underfunding then those road workers must have been working for free.

Last edited by Mazer : 02-08-07 at 06:33 PM.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 06:58 PM   #5
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisser View Post
It just amazes me how we can spend gazillions on a unwinnable war, but our politicians continue to let our infrastructure crumble and wither away....because they just love to raid our transportation funds for other useless legislation and follies....like the donkey georges so called ' war '.
Unbelievable.
amazes me too.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-07, 09:40 AM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

Congress controls the spending; democrats control the congress; so shove the Bush-bawling back up your brain.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-07, 11:15 AM   #7
JackSpratts

"This is a big idea. It harnesses public and private money. I think Dodd and I have really broken the mold here." - Chuck Hagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Congress controls the spending; democrats control the congress; so shove the Bush-bawling back up your brain.
if the infrastructure started falling apart in the 80's it was during the republican's watch wasn't it? thank you citizen albed for once again promoting the irrelevent while ignoring the substantive. but regardless who was or is president, now that the democrats have (barely) taken over i'll expect you to ignore them for helping turn this around in the senate with a real bipartisan infrastructure solution. meanwhile the rest of us will watch and see what kind of positive influence president bush brings to bear on this issue, if any.

- js.

Edited by Jack
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 05:38 AM   #8
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
The Hagel-Dodd bill, dubbed the National Infrastructure Bank Act of 2007, would create an independent national bank that would identify, evaluate and help finance the largest infrastructure projects...

The bank would be able to provide money for such enormous projects by selling long-term bonds to individuals, corporations and other entities. Rather than reaping interest on the bonds, the bond holders would get tax credits. The bonds would be guaranteed by the federal government.

Asked how much those tax credits would cost the government, Hagel said an estimate has not yet been worked up. However, he said the Government Accounting Office, the Treasury Department and others are working on an estimate.

Hagel said he and Dodd have been working on the bill for about two years.
Just a slimey shell game, creating another bureaucratic institution to shift present spending to future taxpayers. And they haven't even bothered to crunch numbers to reveal it's true cost, though I'd triple whatever price they claim just because they're scumbag politicians.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 12:08 PM   #9
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

The States, NOT the Feds are responsible for maintaining bridges.

The States and the Feds are supposed to do inspections.

The Dems made lots of earmarks, but apparently not for maintaining bridges

Edit:

It should be easier for the Dems to get their way now that they have become adept at stealing and misrepresenting votes on the (Congressional) House floor. Shame.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.

Last edited by Drakonix : 04-08-07 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Added domment
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 05:16 PM   #10
multi

It is obviously more important for your country to supply billions of dollars of future taxpayer money on selling/giving arms to the worlds most volatile region to line the pockets of the elite military industrial complex than it is to look after the state of the local infrastructure.. not a good look guys..

The Federal/State issue is just bureaucratic nonsense... This is clearly a question of priorities, a question of the rich causing the slow decay of modern civilization like tooth rotting from the inside. It makes me wonder why we should fear some bloodthirsty religion taking over the planet when it is already being controlled by faceless entities that would send their grandmother to wall for a dollar.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 05-08-07, 09:09 AM   #11
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

You guys probably aren't the only people in the world that are politicizing this issue, but this kind of bullshit only appears on the internet. I'm not really surprised, given the extremists we have here, but show a little originality for once (perhaps some sympathy would be appropriate too). I mean, even if we had spent our defense department's budget on the interstate highway system and replaced this bridge in the process, hundreds of people still die every day in car collisions that money just can't prevent. But you're doing the predictable thing, treating the bridge collapse like crime so you can justify your indictments, and since nobody knows if one person or a one group was responsible, you naturally blame the voters and the politicians. Lame.
Old 05-08-07, 11:51 AM   #12
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Hell, Obama wants the U.S. to get out of Afghanistan and Iraq so we can invade Pakistan. That doesn't sound like turning "war dollars" into "infrastructure dollars" to me.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-07, 04:46 PM   #13
multi

oh dont blame the politicians, wtf ?
Lame?
WTF !
the voters are being had
thats LAME

Let me spell it out for you.. these politicians are assholes that have wasted the public money ,not anyone else.
They reap huge personal fortunes for sucking the dicks, say of their Pro-Israeli lobbyists, (just one of many, but totally the most disgusting) so they can send 100's of billions of dollars to bolster the Israeli defense while they keep their local infrastructure up to scratch with their own tax payer money
.Same could be said for Saudi Arabia ,Iraq is another whole kettle of fish, that is your precious politicians recycling tax dollars into the pockets of corporate military interests ,not to mention the pilfering of huge quantities of oil for those interests. You see now ,over 20 years of this shit the cracks are really starting to show... this is mismanagement at the highest levels allowed to escalate into uncontrollable corruption, now to question this corruption borders on treason. It is a very sad state of affairs and one my own government has worked hard at creating here where I live..

I am sorry if you can see this it's you who are lame..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 05-08-07, 06:18 PM   #14
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

multi, you will not convince me that politics caused this bridge to collapse. Try a different argument.
Old 05-08-07, 08:04 PM   #15
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
multi, you will not convince me that politics caused this bridge to collapse. Try a different argument.

Katrina anyone
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-07, 08:44 AM   #16
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

No, politics didn't cause a hurricane to make landfall at New Orleans either.
Old 06-08-07, 06:33 PM   #17
multi

I see.. ok

Quote:
The States, NOT the Feds are responsible for maintaining bridges.
Let's say it was because of mismanagement of funds due for it's maintenance by Left Leaning State Politicians..maybe they diverted it to Hospital funds or something they could get a return on...

So was it an engineering fault caused by years wear and tear ?

maybe we should expect 100's of 30 year old bridges to come crashing down ,all over the world ?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 06-08-07, 07:57 PM   #18
Nicobie

Default I never EVER do this AND do give multi hell when he does.

But I am going to directly quote what somebody else typed.

>Multi

----------------------------------------

oh don't blame the politicians, wtf ?
Lame?
WTF !
the voters are being had
thats LAME

Let me spell it out for you.. these politicians are assholes that have wasted the public money ,not anyone else.
They reap huge personal fortunes for sucking the dicks, say of their Pro-Israeli lobbyists, (just one of many, but totally the most disgusting) so they can send 100's of billions of dollars to bolster the Israeli defense while they keep their local infrastructure up to scratch with their own tax payer money
.Same could be said for Saudi Arabia ,Iraq is another whole kettle of fish, that is your precious politicians recycling tax dollars into the pockets of corporate military interests ,not to mention the pilfering of huge quantities of oil for those interests. You see now ,over 20 years of this shit the cracks are really starting to show... this is mismanagement at the highest levels allowed to escalate into uncontrollable corruption, now to question this corruption borders on treason. It is a very sad state of affairs and one my own government has worked hard at creating here where I live..

I am sorry if you can see this it's you who are lame..

Multi<

----------------------------------------------------------

When our $'s are spent on illegal aliens and wars that do none in the US any good while short cutting legal citizen's needs, It is time to throw out the trash.

The infrastructure of the US won WW2. The lack of it will be the cause of a bunch of problems so it seems wise to keep it repaired.

It appears, as usual, that the proof is in the pudding. The US needs to be spending more on it's self and less on country's that don't give a rat's ass about the United States of America.

I see no problem with the USA treating others how they are being treated.
Old 06-08-07, 11:21 PM   #19
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
No, politics didn't cause a hurricane to make landfall at New Orleans either.
You Lamer FFS

It was a blame game between the state and the admin, guess who won, no surprize, king George can't be wrong eh? What about those FEMA trailers who went to rot when they were much needed (lack of funds?), and how about that HALF of the guard were off in Iraq when they were much needed over here in that disaster zone? Politiics Mazer, heall yeah, even tho you DO NOT want to see it this way.

Talk about a lamer hon...

Deny it all you want, your country as it is is an illusion, won't be long before your prez go castro way, another flase flag OP so he can stay in power untill the "threath" is over... when will that be?

Anyway, what is up with Mormons and Republictards

PS : Your reply on that collapsed bridge chilled my blood, ever wonder if you are human at times. People died FFS and the only thing you could muster up is a defense for Bush ADM no less.

A Canadian point of view

When me ans mother were to drive up to florida back in the late 80's, the road were FLAWLESS... when that Floyd caracter drove me back to the airport, I couldn't believe how bumpy that highway was, made me thing of my province LOL

Get over it Mazer, excusing a murderer doesn't becomes you.

But yes, those infrastructure are suffering badlly Mazer and where in hell will that money comes from?!? Not from the ADM, they are way too busy sending half of the nationnal guard to Iraq because the army cannot meet their quota...

which leaves me to that other burning lips question Mazer...

How the fuck do you dare defend a murderer without being on the front line?

What, bad knee?, got a bone in you body is that your excuse? Flat feet?

Come on, enlighten us as to why you are still a keyboard warrior hon?

It is really easy to spew political propaganda Mazer, it is much harder to hold a Rifle and actually KILL someone... could you do it?

Seriously, if it came down to it, could you kill someone? Think long and hard on this one for we are talking about some peep attacking you on your own turf for I highly doubt you have the guts to ever "serve your country"

I see you "excuse" the worst filth but yet, I also see you in your own comfort not risking his ass on the line

Now, who the hell (for you will never get to baptize me when I die) the fuck are you to be so fucking condecendent to apply your so called wisdom to US when you are not even on the front line?

What is your damned excuse again?

BTW, almost vomited so much your reply on that collapsed bridge got to me, wonder if you even have a heart ya SOB
Old 06-08-07, 11:47 PM   #20
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Default Long Story Short Mazer...

Why aren't we hearing news from you in Iraq?

I just see you like a bag of hot air, nothing more, you blow, then be gone for you are not there where the actiion happens eh?

A keyboard warrior becomes truly you Mazer for you wouldn't
have the balls to ever kill someone...

Let me guess, you have bones in your body LOL

that is that war comes right down to it

Killing....

I remember Rage agasinst the Machine... Killing in the name of...

I am anti war for I have no reason/motivation to go there, what is your "Tic" that ya cannot typed to us from "Iraq" Mazer ?!?

Right, heard that Myspace was a no go these days

As long as I will not hear from you in Irak, SERVING ya own country, how can I take you seriously?