P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 27-03-07, 11:23 AM   #1
albed
flippin 'em off

Default They wouldn't have.......... fucked with Thatcher

...or Bush.

But the Iranians feel perfectly safe in grabbing British marines and keeping them hostage.

Listening to Blair whine his protests is nauseating. This is a new low for Great Britain.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-07, 01:00 PM   #2
Sinner
--------------------

Don’t jump on Blair yet, they are just trying to figure out what the best move to make is. Iran wants the West to attack them, why else would Iran provoke the west by kidnapping British soldiers? Remember last summer when the Iranian backed Hezbollah kidnapped Israeli soldiers? All the politicians argued on how to fight this and what ended up happening? It was a victory for Hezbollah and Iran, Israel lost a war for the first time. If you control the conditions of war, you can control public opinion of the war. President Tom knows what is going on in Congress in America and knows the American public will most likely not support action against Iran and Britain may or may not support an attack, I don’t know. But Iran is testing the USA. They are watching and want to see if America will take the bait. The leaders in Iran want a war, and they want it because they believe that, with all of the politics which is going on, America will fight it as halfheartedly as you are fighting it in Iraq. That`s a war they feel they can win. Esp in the media and public opinion.

Jimmy Carter screwed things up with Iran by negotiating with the mullahs, he talked and begged for 444 days and failed. Reagan was elected and the hostages were released the day he was sworn in. Why? Because they knew Reagan wouldn’t take their bullshit and was ready to attack them. Iran fears strength. Iran has wanted a war with America since 1979, and want to control the Middle East, once they have nukes it is going to be easy for them to do this.

Blair needs to show strength in my opinion, he needs to deploy the bulk of the British navy to the gulf.

And I know Reagan messed up in dealing with Iran later into his term, but in the beginning he put the fear of God into them.
Old 27-03-07, 03:47 PM   #3
napho
Dawn's private genie

Right. No one messed with Thatcher.

July 20, 1982: Two IRA bombs in Hyde Park (search) and Regent's Park in London kill 11 British soldiers and wound more than 40, mostly civilians.

— Dec. 17, 1983: IRA car bomb explodes outside Harrod's department store, killing six and wounding about 100.

— Oct. 12, 1984: IRA targets conference of ruling Conservative Party, killing five and wounding 24, but narrowly missing Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.

— Sept. 22, 1989: The IRA bombs the Royal Marines School of Music in Deal, killing 10 soldiers and wounding more than 30.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-07, 04:16 PM   #4
albed
flippin 'em off

Got anything about Iran in your history file Spartapho?
Old 27-03-07, 04:30 PM   #5
napho
Dawn's private genie

This happened under Bush's watch. Of course factions of the US itself might've been involved.

Old 27-03-07, 04:42 PM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

Another miss. Can't seem to focus on the "Iran" ball eh?

Or puck...
Old 27-03-07, 04:52 PM   #7
napho
Dawn's private genie

albed, you're looking at things strictly from the US and UK point of view. Maybe Iran has tough guys and right wingers too, and THEY'RE sick and tired of Americans and Brits running roughshod over them.

Ex-British Diplomat Justifies Marines´ Arrest in Iran

London, Mar 27 (Prensa Latina) A former British diplomat justified the Iranian arrest of 15 British marines who recently violated sea jurisdictions of the Persian state, Daily Mirror reported on Tuesday.

The chancellery´s former director for Maritime Issues, Greg Murrey, highlighted Iran has the right to arrest foreign nationals in its territory, in accordance with international laws.

The British Navy staff should be aware of the danger posed by the zone where the naval personnel were arrested, and limit their activities within Iraqi waters, he added.

Iran´s top military command sustained it has clear evidence that the Britons strayed illegally into Iranian territorial waters when arrested.

Murrey called Prime Minister Tony Blair´s request for their immediate, unconditioned release irrational when, he said, Iran acted abiding by the laws and committed no crime.

http://www.plenglish.com/article.asp...D)&language=EN
Old 27-03-07, 05:36 PM   #8
albed
flippin 'em off

Prensa Latina - Cuban state media; FFS is this what you go to for your news? You might as well go to the toilet for your dinner.
Old 27-03-07, 06:06 PM   #9
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Prensa Latina - Cuban state media; FFS is this what you go to for your news? You might as well go to the toilet for your dinner.
Now, now albed...
be nice.

Just because napho hates the US is no reason to shit on him. At times he has good things to say. Unfortunatly he enjoys copy&paste stuff too much.

U are just as guilty.

Me, I pride myself as a free thinker......... Hahahahahaahahahhaaa

Old 27-03-07, 06:37 PM   #10
albed
flippin 'em off

More like free of thinking, heh-heh.
Old 28-03-07, 02:11 AM   #11
napho
Dawn's private genie

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post

Damn Google. I see that the only other place where that guy is quoted is the Iranian press. This is certainly a bad thing...oil prices are up and Mr Bush's friends have made more $. I'm sure they're outraged by THAT!
Old 28-03-07, 04:29 AM   #12
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Two questions,have bothered me about this story from the start.
Were the marines in Iranian territorial waters when arrested?
If not,what were the Iranians doing in Iraq's waters?
As to TBW Please don't mention her again.
One stupid cow.
Old 28-03-07, 08:24 AM   #13
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by napho View Post
Damn Google. I see that the only other place where that guy is quoted is the Iranian press. This is certainly a bad thing...oil prices are up and Mr Bush's friends have made more $. I'm sure they're outraged by THAT!
Maybe they can buy testicles for Tony.

Which would malvachat prefer she be called "The Iron Lady" or "Maggie"?
Attached Images

Old 28-03-07, 11:59 AM   #14
RDixon

"The British Government has published a map showing the coordinates of the incident, well within an Iran/Iraq maritime border. The mainstream media and even the blogosphere has bought this hook, line and sinker.

"But there are two colossal problems.

"A) The Iran/Iraq maritime boundary shown on the British government map does not exist. It has been drawn up by the British Government. Only Iraq and Iran can agree their bilateral boundary, and they never have done this in the Gulf, only inside the Shatt because there it is the land border too. This published boundary is a fake with no legal force.

"B) Accepting the British coordinates for the position of both HMS Cornwall and the incident, both were closer to Iranian land than Iraqi land. Go on, print out the map and measure it. Which underlines the point that the British produced border is not a reliable one.

Let's see here:
The Britts board and search an Iranian vessel in long disputed waters that is closer to Iranian land than Iraqi land and then release to the press so-called proof that does not even hold up to weak scrutiny.
Sounds more and more to me like the US is involved given the sloppiness and screw ups
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-07, 12:15 PM   #15
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Attached Images

TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-07, 03:46 PM   #16
Sinner
--------------------

.يمكنني استخدام الصور تترجم ايضا
Old 28-03-07, 07:13 PM   #17
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
Is that for sure? Or just another sly poke. Did that really happen?

I wouldn't know as I don't live there and don't remember the M. Guardian mentioning it. However Le Monde might have said something but I don't pay too much attention to that silly rag anymore anyway.

inquiring mind needs to know.......

Old 29-03-07, 01:08 AM   #18
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie View Post
Is that for sure? Or just another sly poke. Did that really happen?

I wouldn't know as I don't live there and don't remember the M. Guardian mentioning it. However Le Monde might have said something but I don't pay too much attention to that silly rag anymore anyway.

inquiring mind needs to know.......

It is a standing invitation, so we shall see how many will join the party when Mrs Thatcher dies. But the invitation is serious, and the party has been promoted by Class War soon for a year. Considering how controversial a character Thatcher has been, I would expect there to be a fair number of people celebrating when the time is due.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-07, 04:53 AM   #19
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
Make no mistake I will be there.
TBW ruined the lives of millions of good,honest,working peoples lifes.
It can't come to soon for me.
Old 29-03-07, 10:08 AM   #20
daddydirt
even the losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvachat View Post
Make no mistake I will be there.
TBW ruined the lives of millions of good,honest,working peoples lifes.
It can't come to soon for me.
Though you are certainly not alone, not everyone shares your negative opinion of her.

Personally, i couldn't summon enough hate within me to do what you're proposing, but hell, have a ball.

Looking back at the Thatcher era
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote