P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 13-01-07, 02:21 PM   #1
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Arrow Jihad in Iraq changes direction ,insurgents now using Google Maps for attacks

The jihad now is against the Shias, not the Americans'

As 20,000 more US troops head for Iraq, Ghaith Abdul-Ahad, the only correspondent reporting regularly from behind the country's sectarian battle lines, reveals how the Sunni insurgency has changed
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...src=rss&feed=1

Terrorists 'use Google maps to hit UK troops'

Terrorists attacking British bases in Basra are using aerial footage displayed by the Google Earth internet tool to pinpoint their attacks, say Army intelligence sources.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../wgoogle13.xml

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-07, 03:31 PM   #2
JackSpratts

reminds me of reagan's grenada invasion. that was so ill-prepared our troops had to use tourist maps to find their way around the island. great for finding a good ice-cream cone. not so hot for routing out commies.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-07, 02:45 PM   #3
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Google Earth images are often far behind current date. The images there would only be of use for objects that do not move for extended periods of time (like buildings). The images would not be useful in finding things that move, like troop locations.

Our forces have access to real-time images.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-07, 12:01 AM   #4
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix View Post
The images would not be useful in finding things that move, like troop locations.

but in the terrorist midset(not mine) how handy would it be to use google maps to blow up a subway or a interstate?

and why hasnt that happened lately?

are enough of our freedoms gone that "they" dont hate us anymore?

and if i were a terrorist... im thinking it would be easy to kill a bunch of people in a airport security line. lol
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote