P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 30-12-06, 08:05 PM   #1
Nicobie

Default Is It time for Canada to become USA's 52nd state?

It seems that the time is right. They always have ridden on the US's coat tails and have usually always gotten the better part of the bargain. If The USA went away, their economy would shut down, refuges would would be trying to sneak into the US. I can see it now, desperate Quebecers swimming the St Laurence river. Instead of 'wetbacks' I figure we would call them 'popsicles'.

Which brings up why I think that should be the 52nd state and not the 51st. Mexico deserves the next statehood. After all they actually used to own a lot of the southwest and are in the process of moving back in. The US has been supporting them, as we have Canada for centuries. I figure Mexico would bring a positive vibe to the country. At least they are willing to work and have decent food.

Old 30-12-06, 09:13 PM   #2
multi
Thanks for being with arse

how can one sneak in to the USA if it 'went away'

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-06, 09:35 PM   #3
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Exclamation

Like you did Hawaii?

Quote:
Aboriginal Rights Hawai'i
America's Illegal Colony In The Constitutional Monarchy Of Lili`uokalani
© Tyson Yunkaporta
By Amy Marsh
Images of war-torn Iraq? A’ole! No! It's just business as usual in the so-called “state” of Hawai’i.

Families forced from their homes...live military ordnance left to explode near schools and homes, maiming or killing the occasional civilian...huge Stryker vehicles rolling relentlessly over a fragile landscape as the United States imposes an alien, imperialist government that brings oppression, genocide and ecological destruction to the local population and environment...

Iraq? A'ole! No! These are current conditions in the so-called "state" of Hawai'i. Visitors to Hawai'i, and those who settle there from the mainland, often remain blissfully unaware of the true history of this place. Or if they begin to hear a bit about it, consider the American occupation as a "done deal" and go about their business.

The worst public health statistics in the region...the lowest education level...the highest incarceration rate...most poverty...the most children in foster care...the most people without homes...families and communities torn apart by drugs imported by organized crime...

Typical inhabitants of any American inner city? Nope! They are the original inhabitants of "America's Vacation Paradise:" they are the "kanaka maoli," the Native Hawaiians.

A small country with a vibrant spiritual culture forcibly overthrown by a superpower bent on conquest for military and economic reasons...the people forced to assimilate foreign ways contrary to their basic values, denied access to their culture, history and even their language...a Diaspora of exiles...a struggle for de-occupation and the re-establishment of their government and sovereign status...

Tibet in 1959? Guess again. It's the Kingdom of Hawai'i, which was a modern constitutional monarchy and declared neutral nation engaged in treaty relationships with over fifty other countries - violently seized in 1893; illegally annexed by the United States through a domestic resolution; forced into "statehood" in 1959 in violation of United Nations rules... Given an "apology" for all this by the Clinton administration in 1993...

A bit of history: on January 17, 1893, Queen Lili`uokalani was forced from her throne by American businessmen and business-minded missionary sons, with the help of John L. Stevens, the American Minister to the Hawaiian Kingdom, and the American navy. The overthrow was violent, unjustified, insulting, and in complete violation of international law. U.S. President Benjamin Harrison apparently gave unofficial encouragement to the conspirators in 1892 and after the overthrow he presented their annexation petition to the U.S. Senate. But incoming President Grover Cleveland was appalled. He withdrew the petition before the Senate could act, called for an investigation, and issued a powerful statement to reinstate the queen and the rightful government. But the treasonous provisional government refused to comply.

President Cleveland was also opposed by powerful interests within the United States who were loathe to part with their juicy prize.

In 1897, approximately 21,000 Hawaiians - more than half the adult Hawaiian population - signed and presented a petition protesting annexation to the United States. Congress ignored them. Despite the petition evidence to the contrary, it was far more lucrative for Congress to accept the assurances of missionary lobbyists who claimed the Hawaiians were eager for annexation.

This "Ku'e Petition" of resistance to annexation - 556 pages long, and possibly one of the most significant documents of protest in American, as well as Hawaiian, history - was buried deeply in the U.S. National Archives until it was found by Noenoe Silva in 1998, over a hundred years later. The discovery of the petition, and the exhibition of this document by the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, had an enormous impact on the kanaka maoli, who searched the pages eagerly for the names of their grandparents and great-grandparents. As Silva puts it, "The petition, inscribed with the names of everyone's kupuna, gave people permission from their ancestors to participate in the quest for national sovereignty. More important, it affirmed for them that their kupuna had not stood by idly, apathetically, while their nation was taken from them."

Now, not every Native Hawaiian or part-Hawaiian is a sovereignty activist working toward restoration of the kingdom. Many have adjusted to colonization and consider themselves Americans. At most, they may be supporters of the dangerous Akaka bill, thinking to preserve Hawaiian "entitlements" through a federal recognition process that will turn them into the equivalent of American Indians.

But there are many others who recognize the bill for what it is - a way to finalize the land grab of the Kingdom and take title of contested kanaka maoli lands once and for all - and who are vigorously opposed to the bill. They do not consider themselves "American" and continue to insist upon being recognized as subjects of the Kingdom. As one man put it to me, when I asked him about his livelihood, "I work for the Queen." In other words, he has devoted the rest of his life to the restoration of his country. He is not alone.

It is easy for people from the mainland to ignore or dismiss the history of Hawai'i, yet the illegal occupation of Hawai'i continues to have a huge detrimental effect on the people, the environment and the culture. The struggle for Hawaiian independence is a long standing, bitterly fought cause which deserves wider recognition and support from the rest of the world. Free Hawai'i, now.

Note: Portions of this article were originally published in Slingshot, Berkeley, CA, Fall 2005.

Article shared with this site by Waihili.
http://aboriginalrights.suite101.com..._rights_hawaii

No thanks, the price tag is a bit too high

Last edited by miss_silver : 30-12-06 at 11:26 PM. Reason: forgot the link
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-06, 10:21 AM   #4
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

If Hawaii hadn't been a US territory with a large naval base at the time that WWII began then Hawaii would now be occupied by the empire of Japan, along with most of the Pacific islands and large swaths of southern China. And there's no telling what condition Europe would be in. Native Hawaiians may think they're living on the most isolated place in the world, but truthfully Hawaii was the fulcrum of the 20th century and things could have been much worse, for the rest of the world and for them.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-06, 07:21 PM   #5
Nicobie

What do the American islands have to do with that ittie bitty country wuth hardly any people called canada?
Old 01-01-07, 12:14 AM   #6
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie View Post
What do the American islands have to do with that ittie bitty country wuth hardly any people called canada?
American Islands?, At what cost ?!?

Canada is not an itsy bitsy country as you referred it was. France first established a colonie over here and guess what, no witch hunt Then we were invaded by the brits, they took away out religion and right to speak french, as Lord Durham said, assimilation through immigration. Them the 13th colonies happened. Then there were tension between the colonies and england. Then quebec act came releasing us from the TEST OATH which INFLAMED the colonies. (check out wikipidia) This was the final nail IMO that sparked the American revolution.

As for the rest of Canada, they are composed of english immigrant and Loyalists that were kicked out of the US because of their support toward England. Then came the Irish one of my roots, Chinese, Italians...

Canadians are very proud to say, I AM CANADIAN as much as Americans will say how much they are proud to be Americans.

BTW, Mexico is really getting a sweet deal these days, awwwwwwwww

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/2006122...ttle&printer=1

Now those hot popsicles can get a fat check at home, illegals or not.

As for Hawaii, i'm sure they would have passed the honor of becoming a state if they had a choice. WWII or not, they still were invaded in the rudest way possible and that wasn't done by the Japs either.

So NIC

Canada is basically a bunch of rejected US citizens, English immigrants, Quebec our royal thorn in their @ss and immigrants from various countries.

And in the end.....

The american indian natives, the Hawaiians would be bewildered reading this shit as to whom was here first for they were in the beginning way before small pox hit that nation that truly was america.

NIC, that shit happened, deal with it. If you consider Hawaiians as citizen of the US, atleast deal with their past and how they became a part of your 'great' land of the free country.

Like I said, the price tag is way to high, let mexico be the 51th state for now.

J'adore la façon dont certaine personne se croit le nombril du monde a cause de son affiliation partisanne LOL!!!
Old 01-01-07, 09:55 AM   #7
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Well if you wanted to get technical, if Mexico were admitted to the union it would comprise states 51 through 81, not that it's ever gonna happen. Canada would then be states 81 through 94.

Nic, 50 states is plenty. Canada and Mexico already have republics of their own with democratically elected governments; they don't need ours. Individuals who want to become Americans have plenty of opportunities to do so, but not all Mexicans want to be Americans, and obviously most Canadians don't want to be Americans.

What's with this fascist desire to absorb all of North America into the United States?
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-07, 02:23 PM   #8
napho
Dawn's private genie

Canada never stood a chance. If the continent would've been split vertically instead of horizontally, it would've had either California or Florida.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-07, 07:15 PM   #9
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by napho View Post
Canada never stood a chance. If the continent would've been split vertically instead of horizontally, it would've had either California or Florida.

Yep..

that is where they all want to be,

Right U Queers.......from qcity
Old 01-01-07, 07:16 PM   #10
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by napho View Post

Yep..

Right U QueerB's.......from qcity
Old 01-01-07, 07:20 PM   #11
Nicobie

Quote:
Yep..

Haahahahahaahhaahaa
love U phules.
Old 01-01-07, 09:04 PM   #12
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Arrow

Quote:
Yep..

Aww Nic, I bet 100$ you didn't click on that link

I don't know how americans would react if aired on Main Stream Media... Personnally, I would scream BETRAIL!!!!!

Quote:
Social Security Agreement With Mexico Released After 3 1/2 Year Freedom of Information Act Battle

Fri Dec 29, 4:50 PM ET

To: POLITICAL EDITORS

Contact: Brad Phillips, +1-202-776-0640, for TREA Senior Citizens League

WASHINGTON, Dec. 29 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- After numerous refusals over three and a half years, the Social Security Administration (SSA) has released the first known public copy of the U.S.-Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement. The government was forced to make the disclosure in response to lawsuits filed under the Freedom of Information Act by TREA Senior Citizens League, a 1.2 million-member nonpartisan seniors advocacy group.

The Totalization Agreement could allow millions of illegal Mexican workers to draw billions of dollars from the U.S. Social Security Trust Fund...
Like I said, Let Mexico be your 51th state. Now you "really" can claim that the US supports Mexico LOL As for Canada, I suggest you google up Soft Lumber Wood dispute. The US owes us 5.3 Billions so far because of this issue. NAFTA=SHAMSTA over here. Free trade agreement my @ss. Strange on how you claim that the US supports Canada yet will not pay what they owe us because they accused us of DUMPING soft Lumber wood into the US market. To my knowledge, it is called "Buisness" NIC. To us Canadians, Free Trade or NAFTA only works for US citizen as long as they can get their cake and eat it. Pay us our 5.3 Billions and then you can claim that the ADM is supporting Canadians. As Marie Antoinette said once before they beheadded her later on when the people screamed, but my queen, the people have no more bread, she responded, then, let them eat cake!

Beyond that, your arguement is moot.

Wetback popsicles?

Now those real wetbacks (BTW, can you be more racist?) will prolly receive checks at home back in Mexico and most of it will come from the US hard earned taxes. Some 3 weeks ago, a political satire show that airs for the last 3 years portraied a grim future of canada if Harper remains in power, the type of totalitarian society. And to my great surprised, we had a wall of shame that prevented the Americanos from crossing our borders LOL.

Now for the real dish...

If Hawai'i decided to go independant and Join canada as I read something of it about a year ago you think your country ADM would let them go? Patriot Act, the now recently bill signed that allow the full disclosure of your mail and e-mail without a warrant?

http://www.wikiprotest.com/index.php...hout_a_warrant

Please do tell Nic. What the hell happened to "The land of the FREE?"

Like I said, a lot of canadians does remember that their ancestors were forced out of the states for their political views, either the queen or the republic. Most of us beside Alberta would say a big fat NO to this.

Now can you be a nice little american and e-mail your ADM to please give us back our 5.3 billion dollars for that dispute? Canadians have learned that there is no NAFTA possible with the current ADM as long as this issue is not resolved.
Old 02-01-07, 07:54 PM   #13
Nicobie

[quote=miss_silver

Now can you be a nice little american and e-mail your ADM to please give us back our 5.3 billion dollars for that dispute? Canadians have learned that there is no NAFTA possible with the current ADM as long as this issue is not resolved.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about wood?

Wood is my thing. I really pay attention to it. I buy a lot of the nice stuff. Canada only has cheap construction lumber that it is willing to sell to anybody for the best (highest) price to any one come hell or high water regardless their environmental damage. Just like the anglophobes in Qeerbec did with their hydro electric power a few years back.

It seems that you know squat about your government's subsidys.

Maybe if you really checked into the wood thing, you might not look like such the fool next time you cut and paste crap like this.
Old 03-01-07, 07:27 PM   #14
Nicobie

I think I might have been a bit harsh on our American hating Anglophobe.

I actully did not just cut and paste a bunch of stuff.

I guess that isn't fair.
Old 03-01-07, 07:39 PM   #15
multi
Thanks for being with arse

cut and paste crap like this.cut andcucut and paste crap like this.t and paste crap like this.cut and paste crap like this.ccut and paste crap like this.ccut and paste crap like this.ut and paste crap like this.ucut and paste crap like this.t and paste crap like this. paste crap like this.cut and paste crap like thicut and paste crap like this.cut and paste crap like this.cut and paste crap like this.s.cut and paste crap like this.cut and paste crap like this.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 11:03 PM   #16
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
I think I might have been a bit harsh on our American hating Anglophobe.

I actully did not just cut and paste a bunch of stuff.

I guess that isn't fair.
If I were an anglophobe, I wouldn't be on any english speaking board nor would have ever picked up english in the first place dillweed

I do not hate americans, I highly dislike their latest administrations and the havoc it brought upon the world these last few years. I do hate the fact that when a certain truth hit's you right in the face, no one will do squat, I hate the fact that this adm supports a bunch of murderers that is called Israel. They did forfit their right to bitch to the internationnal community about sucide bombings since they replied with uncalled force toward Lebanon with US supplied weapons, that they bulldoze Palestinians houses with big "CAT" again supplied by the US adm.

You claimed the US supports Canada and Mexico, even bitched about it, how about those 6 billions a year toward Israel, a landmass that is not even on this continent? How about that new SS treaty toward Mexico? I am indeed laughing now for it wasn't my ADM that voted this in silence LOL. I was expecting to hear the scream of americans calling for a big fat BETRAYLED by their own government, again, only defening silence. I am truly stunned.

If your best reply is to attack the language I was born with or the province I was born in before you cry baby had a bad experience over here, atleast try to do better eh? Stop acting like a fucking victim Nicobie. If you were as unpleasent to them as you are toward me, no surprise it happened to you. When you decide to visit another country that doesn't speak the same language as you do, don't expect to be served in your native language, you are not the belly button of the world.

In Spring 1991 I was in NYC for easter and was my youth club was confronted with 2 guys aiming at us with guns because they wanted some expensive camera, I spoke up for I was the only one who had a good underatanding of english and ended up having the gun aimed at me. It never stopped from going back and even tho I had a bad experience in NYC I still went back and never put all americans in one basket Unlike you did with us Quebeccers. Now just imagine if someone would have pointed a gun at your head over here...

I fell on some jackasses like you did over here only it seems to frustrate you more that they decided to piss you off language wise than I was pissed off by having a gun pointed at my head.

Get over it cry baby.
Old 03-01-07, 11:21 PM   #17
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Puke

Quote:
Are you talking about wood?

Wood is my thing. I really pay attention to it. I buy a lot of the nice stuff. Canada only has cheap construction lumber that it is willing to sell to anybody for the best (highest) price to any one come hell or high water regardless their environmental damage. Just like the anglophobes in Qeerbec did with their hydro electric power a few years back.

It seems that you know squat about your government's subsidys.

Maybe if you really checked into the wood thing, you might not look like such the fool next time you cut and paste crap like this.
GEE, arent you priceless...

Reckon it's not on your news. Soft lumber wood is used in housing mostly. We tried to come to an agreement with your current ADM. We tried to be good neighbors when it comes to trade but China also needs soft Lumber wood. Canada is seriously considering another trade partner on this one. Beside, I heard about that housing bubble, time to switch to a more lucrative market which is soon to turn Euro$$$

About our hydro, several deal fell through for the majority of the ppl made it known they didn't want this. The latest one was a power plant fueled by coal, this one was stopped dead it it's tract. So nic, really want to talk about the environment? Ok, what about Kioto accords? I know Harper backed off from it but it didn't stop us provinces to act upon it individually since our own GOV failed us on this one. What are the states without the ADM are doing about it? Is Arnie doing something about it right now?

About that High water a few yours back, care to provide the community with more info on this one or is it just fabricated BS? I might cut and paste but I do provide links dilweed.

Our wood High Prices ?!? are you in dreamland???

If we would have sold our wood at such high prices as you claimed Nicobie, why would the US accuse us of dumping on their market and how come they would accuse us of harming your economy? NAFTA is not a good deal anymore on soft lumber wood issue, rant all you want but we are forced to lower our prices even imposed a bloody tax ?!? because we have to compete with your market for we sold our wood for far less than your own countrymen did thus the accusation of dumping and harming your precious economy. Like I said previously Nafta = SHAMSTA

Last edited by miss_silver : 03-01-07 at 11:40 PM. Reason: add a comment
Old 04-01-07, 07:42 PM   #18
Nicobie

Canada does not operate under the same strict enviromental controls that the US does when it comes to wood. I guess we could buy canadian lumber and fuc the world over a bit more than we do now in order to make you a bitricher.

hehe I swear these 'smilies' will be the end of me............