P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 02-01-07, 03:22 PM   #41
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

We still have, more than ever I suppose, the kind of people who prefer the tranquility of servitude over the contest for freedom.

Do you still have your AOL account knife?
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 05:59 PM   #42
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
We still have, more than ever I suppose, the kind of people who prefer the tranquility of servitude over the contest for freedom.

perhaps iraqis might prefer electricity, water, and basic security at this point, no?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 07:02 PM   #43
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
i'm not sure where you get the tie-in to Bush's popularity, but at any rate...

Saddam's methods worked in Iraq - our methods do not. both methods get a lot of people killed. in the aggregate, weighing all quality-of-life metrics, Saddam would appear to have been the more successful leader.

Hey, would it ok if I changed the last word in your post to KILLER?

The shithead killed hundreds of thousands. To be accurate the prick killed millions if you include all of his enemies and all of his countrymen.
Old 02-01-07, 07:26 PM   #44
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
perhaps iraqis might prefer electricity, water, and basic security at this point, no?
Then all they'd have to do is surrender to the rule of the terrorists/insurgents/saboteurs that are destroying their infrastructure.

But they don't.

Maybe you need to go over there and talk some liberal sense into them.

-Explain the convenience of being a gutless ass kisser.
Old 02-01-07, 07:44 PM   #45
theknife

Quote:
Then all they'd have to do is surrender to the rule of the terrorists/insurgents/saboteurs that are destroying their infrastructure.
isn't that like Bush-speak, circa 2004? perhaps you haven't heard about the civil war - shall i provide you with links, you know, to bring you up to speed?
Old 02-01-07, 08:10 PM   #46
albed
flippin 'em off

No, it's my-speak, circa today. And sure, bring me up to speed - Who's head of the opposing government in this "civil war", and what territory to they govern?

And wtf does it have to do with water and electricity?
Old 03-01-07, 06:04 AM   #47
theknife

Quote:
No, it's my-speak, circa today. And sure, bring me up to speed - Who's head of the opposing government in this "civil war", and what territory to they govern?
well, no wonder you're confused about civil war - you're not familiar with the defnition:

Quote:
civil war – noun, a war between political factions or regions within the same country.
Old 03-01-07, 11:27 AM   #48
albed
flippin 'em off

Once again, name the political factions or regions that are having this "civil war".

When only one government has control of a country and other factions are attempting to overthrow it, it's called an insurgency.
Quote:
an organized rebellion aimed at overthrowing a constituted government through the use of subversion and armed conflict
Old 03-01-07, 12:05 PM   #49
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

:applause:

Perhaps it will now pull its little pointed head out of its little semantic ostrich hole long enough to be so gracious as to tell us which one government it's currently pretending has control of Iraq.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 01:23 PM   #50
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
i'm not sure where you get the tie-in to Bush's popularity, but at any rate...
Sorry, I'm stretching here a bit, but it seems that the less popular Bush gets the more people long for the tranquility of servitude mentioned above (or else the illusion of it from our point of view) that Saddam imposed. Perhaps the correlation is indirect and I'm out of line bringing it up, but there's no doubt such a correlation exists. People implicitly declare Bush a fool when suggesting that Hussein governed his people wisely by comparison. Such assessments are mostly close-minded, knee-jerk reactions from what I can tell; how else could people so blithely excuse the evil actions of Hussein and his government? Saddam could only look like a good leader to the kind of people who might consider any elected American president his moral equivalent.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 01:50 PM   #51
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Wouldn't we all?

They're nice to have after all, and nicer still for the government to provide them to us. But since when have government-mandated services been necessary for survival, or even for comfort? People are perfectly capable of living their own lives and deciding their own level of comfort if you give them half a chance. The vast majority of Iraqis are noncombatants who want nothing to do with the civil war/insurgency (whichever you prefer to call it) nor the ideologies that lead to such. If they hadn't been forced into this situation perhaps they wouldn't lament it so. And they may yet find their own solutions.

If they're willing to help themselves then they deserve our support, and whatever we can do to keep the situation from deteriorating further, we're obligated to do. They're human beings after all, they deserve the chance to earn for themselves the things we've earned for ourselves. In order to give them that chance people must believe that they're actually capable of bettering themselves, and that notion is all too rare these days. What people need more than electricity, water, and basic security is to be treated as adults.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 02:27 PM   #52
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
Sorry, I'm stretching here a bit, but it seems that the less popular Bush gets the more people long for the tranquility of servitude mentioned above (or else the illusion of it from our point of view) that Saddam imposed. Perhaps the correlation is indirect and I'm out of line bringing it up, but there's no doubt such a correlation exists. People implicitly declare Bush a fool when suggesting that Hussein governed his people wisely by comparison. Such assessments are mostly close-minded, knee-jerk reactions from what I can tell; how else could people so blithely excuse the evil actions of Hussein and his government? Saddam could only look like a good leader to the kind of people who might consider any elected American president his moral equivalent.
at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how lofty your intentions are, how noble is your cause, how stirring your slogans are, if all you do is get a bunch of people killed. and since that really all Bush has done in Iraq, than he shares a special place with Saddam.
Old 03-01-07, 03:05 PM   #53
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Well....
"lofty intentions", "noble cause", "stirring slogans", and a heavy dose of killing made the United States a country.

The deaths of many thousands gave and maintain the freedom of speech and other rights you have. Some still believe the sacrifices of our forefathers meant something and appreciate what they died to accomplish.

What is happening in Iraq right now is a good example of how hard freedom is to gain and how easy it is to lose.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 04:54 PM   #54
albed
flippin 'em off

BUT MY GOD THEY'RE GOING WITHOUT WATER AND ELECTRICITY!

It's enough to make whining liberals long for Saddam's brutal rule.

If they weren't all over here that is.
Old 03-01-07, 07:10 PM   #55
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix View Post
Well....
"lofty intentions", "noble cause", "stirring slogans", and a heavy dose of killing made the United States a country.

The deaths of many thousands gave and maintain the freedom of speech and other rights you have. Some still believe the sacrifices of our forefathers meant something and appreciate what they died to accomplish.

What is happening in Iraq right now is a good example of how hard freedom is to gain and how easy it is to lose.
apples and oranges, drak - what's happening in Iraq is not even remotely comparable to the American experience. the iraqis didn't askfor this situation - they had it imposed upon them by an occupying army that the vast majority of them wish would leave. our forefathers weren't locked into tribal warfare with each other - they were smart to know they would have to put their national ambitions above local loyalties in order to build a country. the iraqis are not willing to do that - there is nothing we can do for them until they are ready to do so.
Old 03-01-07, 07:30 PM   #56
albed
flippin 'em off

Well be sure to let your local police know that if your neighbors start killing your kids and blowing up your house, there's nothing they can do about it and you just wish they'd leave.
Old 06-01-07, 09:25 AM   #57
JackSpratts

sadaam is now a martyr to many, and that dangerous sentiment is spreading rapidly across the arab world. reports say the previous anger directed at sadaam for his murderous reign has been largely forgiven. instead in this disastrous turn of events they are now aiming their rage against both the "puppet" government in iraq and the united states - specifically because of the guard's humiliation of sadaam and his perceived strength of character displayed standing up to them at his execution.

- js.

"His public image in the Arab world, formerly that of a convicted dictator, has undergone a resurgence of admiration and awe.

On the streets, in newspapers and over the Internet, Mr. Hussein has emerged as a Sunni Arab hero who stood calm and composed as his Shiite executioners tormented and abused him.

In Morocco and the Palestinian territories, demonstrators held aloft photographs of Mr. Hussein and condemned the United States.

In Libya a statue depicting Mr. Hussein in the gallows would be erected.

By standing up to the United States and its client government in Baghdad and dying with seeming dignity, Mr. Hussein appears to have been virtually cleansed of his past.

'God damn America and its spies,' a banner across one major Beirut thoroughfare read. 'Our condolences to the nation for the assassination of Saddam, and victory to the Iraqi resistance.'"

Article
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 11:14 AM   #58
multi
Thanks for being with arse

ahahaha..what a fucking balls up
good work !

this is how history will remember this BS war
what an added embarrasment for those that blindly supported it

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-07, 11:25 AM   #59
JackSpratts

The NeoCon Aftermath

India's 'Saddam Hussein' Village
Amarnath Tewary

It is a typical nondescript village - like many others - in the northern Indian state of Bihar.

It consists of unplastered brick houses, dusty lanes, thatched structures and dirt-laden children with no shoes and running noses.

There appears to be little running water or other infrastructure.

But there is one thing about the village of Lakhanow - and other settlements in the area - that makes them strikingly different.

Sunni Muslims

Ejaj Alam - a small-time civil contractor in his mid-30s - provides the answer: he has decided to re-name his three-year-old son.

Instead of being called Majhar Alam, Mr Alam has opted to call the boy Saddam Hussein in honour of the former Iraqi leader who was executed on 30 December.

What is more, the child will not be the only Saddam Hussein in the neighbourhood. There are more than 20 other Saddam Husseins in Lakhanow alone.

Local people say there are more than 100 Saddam Husseins in 27 adjoining villages dominated by mostly Sunni Muslims.

There is even a family with one son called Saddam Hussein and a younger sibling called Osama Bin Laden.

Perhaps it is no coincidence that all the children bearing the name of Saddam Hussein were born after the first American war with Iraq in 1991.

Before the war, the name Saddam Hussein was hardly used at all, says Mohammed Nizamuddin, whose grandson was born in 1991 and is called Saddam Hussein.

'Miscalculations'

And, now after the recent high-profile and much photographed execution of the Iraqi leader, the villagers of Lakhanow have decided to name all the new born baby boys after him.

"This is our way to pay tribute to our leader. We want to carry on his legacy here at least in our village," said Ejaj Alam.

"God willing one day our village will be full of Saddam Husseins."

Other villagers feel equally passionate about the issue.

"George Bush can hang one Saddam Hussein but we will create an army of Saddam Husseins. Let him come to our village and see how Saddam Hussein can never be executed," local leader Ayub Khan said.

More
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-07, 12:39 PM   #60
multi
Thanks for being with arse

reminds me of this

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...63490032584407

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote