P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 08-11-06, 11:09 AM   #1
daddydirt
even the losers

Smile Politics makes strange bedfellows

JackSpratts & Hilary.....together forever.
Attached Images

daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 01:44 PM   #2
JackSpratts

fark. we've been outed. couldn't help it - the instant she showed me her record collection, she had me.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-06, 06:23 PM   #3
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

She'll probably advocate a tax on CD's and music downloads so the RIAA can harass more people, and make music trading a Federal offense in the process because it would then involve tax evasion.

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first". - Ronald Reagan

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-06, 06:33 PM   #4
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 12:39 PM   #5
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Well, you might want to do a little more research.

Ronald Reagan did not raise taxes (overall). He was President 1981 - 1989. In 1981 (his first year in office) the largest tax cut in U.S. history was enacted. The 1981 cut was partially offset by tax acts in 1982 and 1984. The original cut was $750 billion and the two tax acts reduced the cut by $265 billion. Thus, the net effect was a tax cut of $485 billion.

Additionally, he signed into law a tax reform act in 1986 that created the largest tax rate cut in U.S. history, which lowered the tax rate from 50% to 28%.

To wit:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005921.html

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Old 11-11-06, 01:36 PM   #6
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Drak

This is an image of a sticker I used to own before I gave my collection away, printed in the USA mind you. Got a problem with this sticker, please direct your comments to Topps company.

http://www.topps.com/candy/

About Ronald Reagan, what I remember of him is his lack of actions when the AIDS epedemic was raging during 1985. He did nothing, gave no money to healt but instead, announced a raise in military effectives. Screw the gays and their stinking gay 'cancer' right?

He is remembered as the blind/deaf/dumb semian when it comes to AIDS, he did nothing, said nothing and blinded himself to the plea of his wife to please do something about this new epidemic.

You value tax cut, I value human life. Same president, different views.
Old 11-11-06, 07:38 PM   #7
Nicobie

I see nothing but pissed off people and red X's

Help Gaz or TG or a mod to fix. pls.
Old 11-11-06, 07:47 PM   #8
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

..... And many years (and billions of dollars) later
There is still no "cure" for AIDS.
“Was raging”? It is still “raging” - and not only in the U.S., it is a global issue.

The best methods of preventing AIDS are well known: abstinence from sex or safer sex using body fluid barriers such as condoms and dental dams (and not sharing IV drug needles). These facts are widely distributed through educational programs yet many still have promiscuous unsafe sex and have unsafe illegal drug use practices. If people did as advised, AIDS would not continue to spread.

A President can do very little to stop unsafe sex and unsafe illegal drug practices by the populace. It doesn't take tax dollars or Presidential action for people to take the disease seriously and not participate in risky sexual practices.

You profess to have insight into my feelings on gays and AIDS, and you don’t. Several persons I have known and cared about have died from AIDS.

I am not gay, and my viewpoint considers homosexual behavior abnormal. I prefer traditional family values regarding marriage and sex, but I don’t care what people do as consenting adults behind closed doors. I am not the master of others, they can do as they wish - but they must accept the consequences of their own actions.

As for the sticker, Topps may have made it, but you posted it - and it is to that post I responded.

The product “Raisinets”, currently manufactured by the Nestle Company is the subject of a parody in the sticker image. The candy was originally made by the Blumenthal Brothers Chocolate Company of Philadelphia.

A change of subject neither negates the original subject nor invalidates my response, President Reagan did not raise taxes as the image suggests. That is the only point I made. Your expansion of that point to include (perhaps limitless) other subjects does not make your comments on these side topics my words or my intent.

I won’t be as mean to you as you have been to me. You suggest I value a tax cut more than human life, and in so doing attempt to subject my moral values to ridicule. I value human life, and so did Ronald Reagan. That is why he properly performed his duty as U.S. President by providing for the common defense of all the people - not just the ones with AIDS or those without the disease. It’s kind of hard to do AIDS research if another country (such as the U.S.S.R. during Reagan’s presidency) decided to nuke us. President Reagan also took care of that problem (at least for the time being).

I’m sure it will please you to know that when Ronald Reagan passed away (due to Alzheimer’s) I donated $5000.00 to Alzheimer’s research into a fund named for him. I suppose if he had died from AIDS I probably would have contributed to AIDS research instead, but Mr. Reagan wasn’t that kind of guy.

We do agree on at least one thing - we have a difference of opinion.

On these topics, our discussion is over.

Old 11-11-06, 08:33 PM   #9
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Since you brought in the tax issue, I was left

Didn't know I was mean to you, if so my appologies. I also lost a very good friend to AIDS if you must know. About Reagan, he could have done something like "go public?" It would have helped a great deal.

A simple public conference where he would announce the nation that this desease is transmittable sexually and by blood like so many hemophiles contracted due to bad screening of blood. He could have gone public backing up the CDC on their evidence. He did not and this is his other legacy.

Maybe this is why the HBO movie And the band played on was a favorite of the gay community over here, I found it very informative.
Old 11-11-06, 11:31 PM   #10
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I have to tell ya, Miss Silver, I grew up during the Reagan era and of all the praises and criticisms I've heard of him over the years, this is the first time I've ever heard that he is somehow responsible for the spread of AIDS. I mean we all view the world differently, but come on.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 07:57 AM   #11
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

and what the hell is a bedfellow anyway?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 09:35 AM   #12
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
I have to tell ya, Miss Silver, I grew up during the Reagan era and of all the praises and criticisms I've heard of him over the years, this is the first time I've ever heard that he is somehow responsible for the spread of AIDS. I mean we all view the world differently, but come on.
where did she say that?

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 11:19 AM   #13
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

She was basically comparing Reagan to Nero, Jack.
Old 12-11-06, 12:57 PM   #14
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
where did she say that?

- js.
Yes Mazer, where/when did I say that?
Old 12-11-06, 02:08 PM   #15
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
She was basically comparing Reagan to Nero, Jack.
Really, didn't know reagan let Washington burn while playing violin, you're stretching it.

Just do some research, you will find that Google have at least 10 page on Reagan+AIDS.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Reagan...l&start=0&sa=N

I'm not the only one who thinks this. I do not blame directly Reagan, that would be foolish, what I say is that he did nothing beside give little fundings at the time and when he finally announced it to the public back in late 1987, it was already too late to tame the epidemic.

He could have listen to multiple CDC warnings back in 1985 and go public 2 years earlier, he didn't. According to Henry Waxman, he could have gone public 6 years earlier.

Hell, even the media didn't want to touch the subject and it wasn't a big deal nor even mention until Rock Hudson's diagnosis in 1985.
Old 12-11-06, 07:12 PM   #16
Nicobie

Give the guy a break.. If, If, If.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

20 years ago nobody in charge anywhere did anything about aids. Carter did nothing either, neither did Ford. Neither did France. Wasn't it a french speaking air steward who spread it all over the world? Did Canada do anything?

I figure Trudeau and his, (happy to spread her legs for any) wife did their share. Hahahahahahahahahaaa. And they never said they were sorry either.
Old 12-11-06, 10:36 PM   #17
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
Really, didn't know reagan let Washington burn while playing violin, you're stretching it.
Nope, I'm just noting your implications. You're assigning blame to Reagan by suggesting that he could have stopped AIDS but didn't. You may be right to a degree, but the argument you're using is a logical fallacy. Nero may be remembered as the man who let his city burn, but Rome burned on many occasions under many emperors and they don't share Nero's legacy. AIDS has spread around the world, most especially in Africa, but you criticize the American president only.

I'd expect this kind of myopia from Kanye West, but not from you, Silver.
Old 14-11-06, 01:41 AM   #18
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:

I'd expect this kind of myopia from Kanye West, but not from you, Silver.
Hey! didn't know I had to live up to some expectation of yours. I voiced out what many other already did. Did even more indepth research on the matter after reading your reply, will post my observations in the morrow
. Not to pretty tho...

Just so you know, PNL doesn't work with me I can spot it miles away.
Old 14-11-06, 02:20 AM   #19
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Canadian Radio in 1983....

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-70-413-...rly_aids/clip2

At least, it was discussed in it's early stage and not shunned.

http://archives.radio-canada.ca/IDC-...ies/sida/clip2

In french but atleast, it wasn't hidden from the general population. It got discussed from early 1983, we got educated. On the 6 o clock news.
Old 14-11-06, 02:29 AM   #20
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
Give the guy a break.. If, If, If.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

20 years ago nobody in charge anywhere did anything about aids. Carter did nothing either, neither did Ford. Neither did France. Wasn't it a french speaking air steward who spread it all over the world? Did Canada do anything?

I figure Trudeau and his, (happy to spread her legs for any) wife did their share. Hahahahahahahahahaaa. And they never said they were sorry either.
Oh nic

That it was a french that spread the aids desease is a myth, so far, no one was ever able to identify patient zero. Some say it was a russian guy.

Yes, I fondly remember that fucker Trudeau, it is when we had 'Mesure de guerre' act past where it was curfew in all cities and the army was roaming the streets with tanks, quite comforting no?

That is the Legacy Trudeau left aswell. Hope Arny won't be that radical if something doesn't please him.