P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 01-11-06, 11:22 PM   #1
JackSpratts

Default Florida Ballot Terminals Favor Republicans

Thomas C Greene

Florida voters using electronic ballot machines are having persistent problems choosing Democrats in early elections, the Miami Herald reports.

The touch-screen gizmos seem strangely attracted to Republican candidates. One voter needed assistance from an election official, and even then, needed three tries to convince the machine that he wanted to vote for Democrat Jim Davis in the gubernatorial race, not his Republican opponent Charlie Crist.

Another voter who went Democrat across the board kept finding Republicans listed in the summary screen. He made repeated attempts until, finally, the machine registered his votes correctly, and he cast his ballot.

Yet another frustrated voter who complained of difficulties selecting a Democrat was told that the machine she was using had been troublesome. Poll workers fiddled with it for a bit, and then it seemed to work properly.

Apparently, this happens all the time.

More
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-06, 04:39 PM   #2
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
Thomas C Greene

Florida voters using electronic ballot machines are having persistent problems choosing Democrats in early elections, the Miami Herald reports.

The touch-screen gizmos seem strangely attracted to Republican candidates. One voter needed assistance from an election official, and even then, needed three tries to convince the machine that he wanted to vote for Democrat Jim Davis in the gubernatorial race, not his Republican opponent Charlie Crist.

Another voter who went Democrat across the board kept finding Republicans listed in the summary screen. He made repeated attempts until, finally, the machine registered his votes correctly, and he cast his ballot.

Yet another frustrated voter who complained of difficulties selecting a Democrat was told that the machine she was using had been troublesome. Poll workers fiddled with it for a bit, and then it seemed to work properly.

More
<<WARNING>>The following post contains sarcasm. If you are easily offended you should just keep your head firmly planted in your arse and quit doing "The Google" on the "Internets".

In 2000 some Florida liberals proved they were idiots by being unable to punch a hole in a paper ballot next to the Democratic candidate of their choice, now those idiots using electronic ballot machines are having persistent problems choosing Democrats in early elections, the Miami Herald reports.

The touch-screen gizmos seem strangely attracted to Republican candidates. One liberal idiot was so illiterate he needed assistance from an election official, and even then, needed three tries to convince the machine that he wanted to vote for Democrat Jim Davis in the gubernatorial race, not his Republican opponent Charlie Crist.

Another idiot liberal who went Democrat across the board kept finding Republicans listed in the summary screen. He made repeated attempts until he was forced to read the proper operating instructions, the machine finally registered his votes correctly, and he cast his ballot.

Yet another idiot liberal who complained of difficulties selecting a Democrat was told that the machine she was using had been troublesome. Poll workers fiddled with it for a bit, finally The Fonz was called in to punch the machine and then it seemed to work properly.

Apparently, this happens all the time.......... to IDIOTS.

Wow jack

What a pathetic and desperate last gasp. Are the rest of the Democrats as desperate and scared out of their brainless skulls as you? This should have never made the newspaper to begin with. I've seen better investigative reporting in the local Elementary schools newspaper. It doesn't warrant any recognition and is just some idiot liberals mental manifestation. For almost 7 years everytime a whiny ass liberal burned his Pop-Tarts it was a republican conspiracy. This story is completely uninvestigated and nothing but the usual liberal attempt to undermine the upcoming elections with deceit and lies.

"Touch screen gizmos strangley attracted to REPUBLICAN Candidates" LOL Since when do you get three trys to vote? "Repeated attempts"?? "Fiddled with it"? ROTFLMAO. Yes its quite telling and unfortunate that investigating the facts and the TRUTH are not a requirement in todays liberal media circus BEFORE it becomes News.

Where's the story about Florida republicans having trouble with the voting machines and the voting machines that went "out of sync" and favored Democratic Candidates??? How is it possible this only happens to Democrats?? Obviously it doesn't but appearently three liberal idiots had minor problems, no doubt caused by their own stupidity, and lack of understanding of new equipment. Instead of the truth we are given some fictional tale that does its best to have us believe Republicans have conspired to secretly control voting machines and make them "Favor" their own party.

Why post something to begin with that admits that it's baseless, factless, and complete heresay? Furthermore why give us a link to the rest of this tiny little story instead of just including those couple of sentences to begin with???? Has that infamous Liberal Selective Memory evolved into "Selective Cutting and Pasting"?

Do you get charged everytime you cut and paste? Or is this just your usual tactic of take everything out of context and print only what helps your story because theres a good chance some people will actually believe your half assed tale and won't actually investigate to figure out how full of shit you really are?

All the questions this wasted thread raised, the most important would have to be is how pathetic, lonely, bored and just plain lifeless must you be to spend most of your finite life moderating some insignificant bulletin board and searching for insignificant fictional gossip like this to post here?

Thanx jack with you and Kerry out there the republicans will win by a landslide.

And a special thanks to Senator Kerry.......For once again proving that nobody is better at making the democratic party look like complete incompetent idiots than another democrat.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-06, 06:20 PM   #3
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
Thomas C Greene

More

Js

It's not only happening in florida

Quote:
MESS WITH TEXAS: State Rep Reports ES&S Touch-Screens Dropping Candidate Names, Flipping Straight Ticket Ballots from Democratic to Republican in San Antonio!
Audio Interview with Texas State Rep. Jose Menendez on KTSA with Chris Duel (and Brad) Says Paperless Voting Machines Failing in Bexar County…

The drumbeat of reports from around the country of touch-screen voting machines failing during Early Voting continues to grow. These aren't "glitches." These are failures.

So far, the reports have all involved Democratic (or Green) votes flipping to, or otherwise benefitting, Republican candidates. In South Florida, St. Louis County, Missouri, Virginia, Arkansas, Dallas, and now San Antonio, Texas.

While I was guesting this evening on the Chris Duel show on KTSA News-Talk 550 AM, we received a call from Democratic State Rep. Jose Menendez, who reported several incidents that have come to the attenion of his office during Early Voting, which is already under way in San Antonio. The reports concern votes flipping and candidates not showing up on the summary screens of Bexar County's paperless ES&S touch-screen systems.

During the short interview (audio posted in full at end of this article) Menendez reported an incident involving a teacher in his district who noticed that one of the candidates wasn't showing up on the confirmation summary screen. I later learned off air that the missing candidate was Menendez.

Another incident involved a voter who voted for a straight party ticket only to have it flip to a straight party ticket vote for the other party.

Menendez didn't identify which parties were involved while on air. Since then, Duel followed up to let me know that the straight party ticket the voter intended to vote for was Democratic and it flipped to Republican.

More
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-06, 06:35 PM   #4
RoBoBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
Js

It's not only happening in florida

More
That won't fly. I understand Jim is a native Texan.
RoBoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-06, 11:08 PM   #5
JackSpratts

for those few who can't follow links and easilly confuse messengers with messages here's the unedited parent story.

for those who share concerns that america's electronic voting machines may be vulnerable to tampering this and many other articles are leading to a disturbing conclusion.

those who don't care should skip this post lest it lead to pointless hemorraging of black type.

Glitches Cited in Early Voting
Early voters are urged to cast their ballots with care following scattered reports of problems with heavily used machines.
BY CHARLES RABIN AND DARRAN SIMON
dsimon@MiamiHerald.com

After a week of early voting, a handful of glitches with electronic voting machines have drawn the ire of voters, reassurances from elections supervisors -- and a caution against the careless casting of ballots.

Several South Florida voters say the choices they touched on the electronic screens were not the ones that appeared on the review screen -- the final voting step.

Election officials say they aren't aware of any serious voting issues. But in Broward County, for example, they don't know how widespread the machine problems are because there's no process for poll workers to quickly report minor issues and no central database of machine problems.

In Miami-Dade, incidents are logged and reported daily and recorded in a central database. Problem machines are shut down.

''In the past, Miami-Dade County would send someone to correct the machine on site,'' said Lester Sola, county supervisor of elections. Now, he said, ``We close the machine down and put a seal on it.''

Debra A. Reed voted with her boss on Wednesday at African-American Research Library and Cultural Center near Fort Lauderdale. Her vote went smoothly, but boss Gary Rudolf called her over to look at what was happening on his machine. He touched the screen for gubernatorial candidate Jim Davis, a Democrat, but the review screen repeatedly registered the Republican, Charlie Crist.

That's exactly the kind of problem that sends conspiracy theorists into high gear -- especially in South Florida, where a history of problems at the polls have made voters particularly skittish.

A poll worker then helped Rudolf, but it took three tries to get it right, Reed said.

''I'm shocked because I really want . . . to trust that the issues with irregularities with voting machines have been resolved,'' said Reed, a paralegal. ``It worries me because the races are so close.''

Broward Supervisor of Elections spokeswoman Mary Cooney said it's not uncommon for screens on heavily used machines to slip out of sync, making votes register incorrectly. Poll workers are trained to recalibrate them on the spot -- essentially, to realign the video screen with the electronics inside. The 15-step process is outlined in the poll-workers manual.

''It is resolved right there at the early-voting site,'' Cooney said.

Broward poll workers keep a log of all maintenance done on machines at each site. But the Supervisor of Elections office doesn't see that log until the early voting period ends. And a machine isn't taken out of service unless the poll clerk decides it's a chronic poor performer that can't be fixed.

Cooney said no machines have been removed during early voting, and she is not aware of any serious problems.

In Miami-Dade, two machines have been taken out of service during early voting. No votes were lost, Sola said.

Joan Marek, 60, a Democrat from Hollywood, was also stunned to see Charlie Crist on her ballot review page after voting on Thursday. ''Am I on the voting screen again?'' she wondered. ``Well, this is too weird.''

Marek corrected her ballot and alerted poll workers at the Hollywood satellite courthouse, who she said told her they'd had previous problems with the same machine.

Poll workers did some work on her machine when she finished voting, Marek said. But no report was made to the Supervisor of Elections office and the machine was not removed, Cooney said.

Workers at the Hollywood poll said there had been no voting problems on Friday.

Mauricio Raponi wanted to vote for Democrats across the board at the Lemon City Library in Miami on Thursday. But each time he hit the button next to the candidate, the Republican choice showed up. Raponi, 53, persevered until the machine worked. Then he alerted a poll worker.

http://www.rawstory.com/showoutartic...s/15869924.htm
Old 03-11-06, 04:26 PM   #6
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBoBoy
That won't fly. I understand Jim is a native Texan.
Correct robodude

Actually I live in Md these days and never ONCE denied that Texas has its share of liberal IDIOTS.

Leave it to the token Canadian slut to jump on the bullshit bandwagon and further attempt to have us believe that somehow the Republicans can telepathically or fukin however control, not just Florida but now Texas voting machines to vote Republican at will.

Thanx jack for posting even more proof that you and your BS article were full of shit and not worth repeating, and most of all proving that the machines are not actually being controlled by Republicans, they are just being operated by liberal IDIOTS.

Jeez jack what is it like only having friends that have NEVER ACTUALLY MET YOU?
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-06, 05:18 PM   #7
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

JC

Even tho i'm canadian, your policies reflect directly on us so I have a right to have my own opinions without being insulted by a southerner red neck.

If you can't turn off the attack dog mode, don't bother to reply.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

That guy really was on something... and this is your leader on the constitution

Bush on the Constitution: "Just a goddamned piece of paper"

Quite comforting, i'm sure if he had his way, he'd rewrite the entire thing.

Did you attend Boys town or what?

Last edited by miss_silver : 03-11-06 at 05:37 PM. Reason: just a quote addy.
Old 03-11-06, 07:57 PM   #8
Nicobie

Hahahahahaa

Now that the US is going to build a 700 mile wall on the border 'tween Mexico and the USA, I bet Ontario will do the same between Quebec and the rest of Canada. It would make financial sense.

Old 03-11-06, 08:09 PM   #9
legion
I took both pills.

Why don't you give Berlin a call, I heard they have a stretch of wall left for ya.
Old 03-11-06, 08:35 PM   #10
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
Hahahahahaa

Now that the US is going to build a 700 mile wall on the border 'tween Mexico and the USA, I bet Ontario will do the same between Quebec and the rest of Canada. It would make financial sense.

Ya wish you fucktard

Quebec is only 23~24% of the actual canadian population, yes, let them fare without out tax return... IMO nic, that wall between mexico is to keep you inn more than to keep them out when the shit hits the fan.

Over here we issue visa's for those mexican workers, unlike you, they get minimum wage and for them it's priceless, enough to make a family live an entire year. WOW, Imagine if illegals who pick up your strawberries were paid minimum wage, i'm sure the quart would jump to 6$ in no time.

Nic, I don't hate the United States, never did, only this actual prez but you on the other hand have made it clear you hate quebec. Like I said, grow up and get over it like I did when I had a gun pointed at my head when I was 17 while visiting NYC. It's not because I had one bad experience that I put all the eggs in one basket.

Then again, it is futile to argue with a dillweed who keeps complaining of constant banning at other p2p boards. Like my roommate, you seem to only live to feel persecuted, boo-hoo-fucking-hoo

In case you didn't know even if your mommy is Kanuck is that Canada started with 2 provinces, us and ontario or Lower and upper canada. The rest just tagged along.

We wanted to separate back in 1995, we almost did it, 49.5% against 50.5%, it was that close but what happened is that the federal gov offered roundtrip flights from vancouver or any provinces for a quart of the price for the great "Love Inn" at phillip's square meaning, the gov spent millions flying canadians over montreal to tell us that they loved us and that they didn't wish us to seperate. Result, just browse through canadians forum to see how red neck they are still toward us even tho we are almost a quart of the canadian population.

Maybe your deep rooted hatred toward quebec is only the fact that we have the oldest st-patties celebration in all north america or the fact that maybe we were here first?

Why did the first pillgrams boarded the mayflower? was it to flee england persecution at the time and make a better life for themselves? You prolly hate New Yorkers aswell, wouldn't be surprised if it were the case.

You sir need a history lesson, it was the french that helped with your independance and any american who spit on the former new france should be ashamed to do so. You should launch a petition on changing all the cities who has Lafayette in them to dillweed town.

Congrat Nic on being JC's new lapdog

and a heartwarm welcome from all of us

Now, go find your pal JC and go shoot some possoms for dinner.

You know, I never knew you to be a week one, you only use existing threads to make your point that you hate quebec. Why not start your own thread and see how quickly it goes to forum camp!
Old 03-11-06, 08:36 PM   #11
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion
Why don't you give Berlin a call, I heard they have a stretch of wall left for ya.

Old 03-11-06, 08:37 PM   #12
Nicobie

Default As much as I hate cut and paste shit...

Here is one for da libbies~~~~~~~~

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/fore...entry_id=10582
Old 03-11-06, 08:58 PM   #13
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion
That wall was built to keep their people in. The US prick pres. Regan tore it down.

Our wall will be built to keep illegals out. Our lib Queber says that they are welcome there. All I can say is ~ great. However the rest of Canada might not want to add to the Quebec welfare rolls. I understand that they are way higher than the rest or Canada's.

As to owing anything to the French.....

Hahahahahahahaa We can be sure to be able to depend on the surrender monkies. I bet that they will be right here to help if needed.

M S, U're the one to re_read your history. btw What is with the threats, I OWN form camp. It's is the best place to post.

heshe
Old 03-11-06, 09:14 PM   #14
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62

Jeez jack what is it like only having friends that have NEVER ACTUALLY MET YOU?
what, you're kiding right?

with guys like you around jc i can honestly say i wouldn't mind if it was true.

- js.
Old 03-11-06, 09:18 PM   #15
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
However the rest of Canada might not want to add to the Quebec welfare rolls. I understand that they are way higher than the rest or Canada's.
Yeah, try Ontario's welfare count! LAMER

Quebec and Ontario are almost 50% of the canadian population, gee, atleast, we don't get arnie to put a ransome on the one who started all the bush fires
Old 04-11-06, 04:27 AM   #16
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
That wall was built to keep their people in. The US prick pres. Regan tore it down. Our wall will be built to keep illegals out.
Oh yeah, that is a HUGE difference. i can't even begin to express how much water that statement holds.

Quote:
Our lib Queber says that they are welcome there. All I can say is ~ great. However the rest of Canada might not want to add to the Quebec welfare rolls. I understand that they are way higher than the rest or Canada's.
OUR??? When did Miss Silver become anyones possession?

As for the rest Nic, what the hell do you care what is going on in Canada? Do you pay taxes there? Do you get to vote there? It is bitching and moaning over shit you can't change in the first place.
I take it there is nothing else you can truly worry about or try to change. I mean, come on the U.S. of fucking A is without fault by default.

Quote:
As to owing anything to the French.....

Hahahahahahahaa We can be sure to be able to depend on the surrender monkies. I bet that they will be right here to help if needed.
I think you might be surprised when push come to shove. They did more than their fair share during the second world war. Or do you really believe the U.S. liberated us all? Damnit another
Besides you are going to need Canada's oil reserve in the not so distant future. I admit the support is not millitary but we both know that your and my economy isn't run on oil

try to keep an open mind Nic. Leave the trolling to Jcmd. who's appearances are way to convenient for comfort
Old 04-11-06, 05:06 PM   #17
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Back to the topic......

Remember, it was hanging chads and dimpled chads in Florida that propelled us prematurely down the path of electronic voting machines. It would appear some folks have trouble voting no matter which method is used.

The electronic voting machines are not ready for prime time. They caused so much trouble here in California that the State abandoned them and the punched cards for optical mark sense cards, which is an older technology.

No hanging chads, a paper based verifiable ballot cast, and much more difficult to tamper with.

The ballot is on two cards that are printed on both sides. You complete the broken arrow with a black or blue ballpoint pen to indicate your vote. Example:
Attached Images

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-06, 06:14 PM   #18
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix
Back to the topic......

Remember, it was hanging chads and dimpled chads in Florida that propelled us prematurely down the path of electronic voting machines. It would appear some folks have trouble voting no matter which method is used.

The electronic voting machines are not ready for prime time. They caused so much trouble here in California that the State abandoned them and the punched cards for optical mark sense cards, which is an older technology.

No hanging chads, a paper based verifiable ballot cast, and much more difficult to tamper with.

The ballot is on two cards that are printed on both sides. You complete the broken arrow with a black or blue ballpoint pen to indicate your vote. Example:
Bravo!

Thanks for sharing this Drak
Old 04-11-06, 07:17 PM   #19
JackSpratts

unless we sue this may be the last year for connecticut's curtain-lever voting machines, my favorite kind.

my dad would bring me with him on election day and let me "vote" (they're from the 60's) and i've been voting on them ever since. next year however it's electronic, with paper backups i hope but i need to ask the sec of state about that detail. i'm putting in a request for an old one - they'r the size of refrigerators and i love them. big mechanical gizmos. large amount of voting history on these things too.

- js.
Old 04-11-06, 07:31 PM   #20
Nicobie

Some peeps sure get their panties in a bunch when "their" country gets shit on but feel free to crap all over the US any time they want.

Just what the fuck is wrong with the Gov. of CA accepting the private offer of a reward for the capture of the creep that started a fire that killed 5 firemen? Do U condone killing fireman?

And as to the loser french people....

Hahahahahahahahaahahaa

They are a very small pimple on the worlds ass. North Korea is more important right now.

The country now called France would now be speaking german if it wasn't for The USA. Anyone who denies that really hasn't been paying attention.