P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 23-09-06, 03:59 PM   #1
JackSpratts

Default Spy Agencies Say Iraq War Worsens Terrorism Threat

By Mark Mazzetti

A stark assessment of terrorism trends by American intelligence agencies has found that the American invasion and occupation of Iraq has helped spawn a new generation of Islamic radicalism and that the overall terrorist threat has grown since the Sept. 11 attacks.

The classified National Intelligence Estimate attributes a more direct role to the Iraq war in fueling radicalism than that presented either in recent White House documents or in a report released Wednesday by the House Intelligence Committee, according to several officials in Washington involved in preparing the assessment or who have read the final document.

The intelligence estimate, completed in April, is the first formal appraisal of global terrorism by United States intelligence agencies since the Iraq war began, and represents a consensus view of the 16 disparate spy services inside government. Titled “Trends in Global Terrorism: Implications for the United States,’’ it asserts that Islamic radicalism, rather than being in retreat, has metastasized and spread across the globe.

An opening section of the report, “Indicators of the Spread of the Global Jihadist Movement,” cites the Iraq war as a reason for the diffusion of jihad ideology.

The report “says that the Iraq war has made the overall terrorism problem worse,” said one American intelligence official.

Article
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-06, 07:56 PM   #2
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
By Mark Mazzetti

A stark assessment of terrorism trends by American intelligence agencies has found that the American invasion and occupation of Iraq has helped spawn a new generation of Islamic radicalism and that the overall terrorist threat has grown since the Sept. 11 attacks.

The classified National Intelligence Estimate attributes a more direct role to the Iraq war in fueling radicalism than that presented either in recent White House documents or in a report released Wednesday by the House Intelligence Committee, according to several officials in Washington involved in preparing the assessment or who have read the final document.

The intelligence estimate, completed in April, is the first formal appraisal of global terrorism by United States intelligence agencies since the Iraq war began, and represents a consensus view of the 16 disparate spy services inside government. Titled “Trends in Global Terrorism: Implications for the United States,’’ it asserts that Islamic radicalism, rather than being in retreat, has metastasized and spread across the globe.

An opening section of the report, “Indicators of the Spread of the Global Jihadist Movement,” cites the Iraq war as a reason for the diffusion of jihad ideology.

The report “says that the Iraq war has made the overall terrorism problem worse,” said one American intelligence official.

Article
duh. you think?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-06, 08:18 PM   #3
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Yeah yeah yeah. Jeez, you cowardly liberal Saddam-loving traitors have been saying this for like five years. You just don't get it. Allow me to explain the simple logic to you one more time, just for old time's sake:

TERRORISTS : BAD.
KILLING TERRORISTS : GOOD.
MORE TERRORISTS TO KILL : EVEN BETTER!

Get with the fucking program.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-06, 08:55 PM   #4
JackSpratts

well gee, when you put it that way...

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-06, 03:46 AM   #5
albed
flippin 'em off

Ramona is acting strangely rational.

You guys find out what meds he's on and get yourselves a prescription.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-06, 10:32 AM   #6
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Skull

“I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace.” — George W. Bush

I'm a troubadour
Lookin' for a dream
I'm a troubadour
Lookin' for some dream

Industrial Military Complex Hex - Steve Miller
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-06, 11:46 AM   #7
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism - Emmanuel Goldstein
Old 25-09-06, 01:01 PM   #8
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona_A_Stone
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism - Emmanuel Goldstein

Didn't O'Brien aurthor that book????

Was he or wasn't he the real author???
Old 25-09-06, 02:30 PM   #9
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

The book doesn't actually exist but was alluded to in the famous cautionary tale by Orwell, Sinner. The chapters of the book (War is Peace, etc.) were taken from the party slogans--which look less like fictions and more like prophecy with every passing day that I see people taking the utterances of the current US administration seriously.
Old 25-09-06, 03:05 PM   #10
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona_A_Stone
The book doesn't actually exist but was alluded to in the famous cautionary tale by Orwell, Sinner. The chapters of the book (War is Peace, etc.) were taken from the party slogans--which look less like fictions and more like prophecy with every passing day that I see people taking the utterances of the current US administration seriously.

I know the book doesn't exist and O'Brien is a character in the book..(1984 War is Peace). Where it says Emmanuel Goldstein wrote The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism but by the end you come to find out he was not the true author and it seems O'Brien was. I will have to find a quote..

Quote:
O'Brien tells him the simple and brutal truth: "The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power... Power is not a means, it is an end... The object of power is power." Since O'Brien has now been revealed as one of the true authors of The Book, and since he moreover states that this book is accurate enough as description, it would seem that this must also be the answer provided in The Book itself
Quote:
During the torture scene, O'Brien reveals to Winston the true sinister genius of the Party and its plan. In a brilliantly written and now famous monologue, the whole Party principle and in fact the whole theory behind the book 1984 is summarized into a single Mephistophelean paragraph, ending with "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face -- for ever." Illustrating the timeless nature of the party against those who oppose it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldstein's_book

Good book --- 1984
Old 25-09-06, 03:54 PM   #11
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Sinner is a thought criminal using the doublethink.
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote