P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 20-07-06, 11:10 PM   #1
ONEMANBANNED
Push "winky" ! Push!!!

Default New Thread

question..how many wars /skirmishes are going on in the world right now ?

question..what is the fightings about?

question..Do you think it has to do with religon and over population and lack of resources for the world?

We see what is called new growth when you move into your new subdivision the old growth nieghbours complain . The older growth nieghbours complain about the new grow nieghbours coming in and backing onto thier yards ..then the newest growth nieghbours complain about the next bunch.

This is what I see in y lil town daily.

Now try to imagine this on a global scale and not just in my town.

Throw a lil religon into the mix (globaly).

IMHO....Overpopulation /religon /stretching resources is the cuase of wars.

How do we sovle it ...

Any Ideas?

ONEMANBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-06, 12:53 AM   #2
Malk-a-mite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEMANBANNED
How do we sovle it ...
Reduce the population (war works fine for this).
Increase technologies to ease the resource problem.

.... and the final one has no answer.
Monotheistic religions rather universally declare that there is only one god, and that all others are false. Hard to just "talk it out" when that is the starting point.
===================
Malk-a-mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-06, 02:16 AM   #3
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEMANBANNED
How do we sovle it ...

Any Ideas?

we find more planets to live on

one planet for each religion
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-06, 03:20 AM   #4
RDixon

Follow the money.
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-06, 07:58 AM   #5
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Blessed are the peacmakers

Quote:
In common with many American evangelicals, he believes that God gave the land to the Jewish people and that Christians have a Biblical duty to support it and the Jews.

His latest book, Jerusalem Countdown: A Warning to the World, interprets the Bible to predict that Russian and Arab armies will invade Israel and be destroyed by God.

This will set up a confrontation over Israel between China and the West, led by the anti-Christ, who will be the head of the European Union, Pastor Hagee writes.

That final battle between East and West - at Armageddon, an actual place in Israel - will precipitate the second coming of Christ, he concludes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5193092.stm

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-06, 07:15 PM   #6
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I still think religion's purpose is to unite people, not to throw them into wars against each other. You can liken a religion to a loaded gun, but it still takes an individual to aim and fire that weapon. The people who abuse religion to foment wars are manipulative bastards, and the ones who get caught doing it should be tried for crimes against humanity. But you can't put a whole religion on trial, you can't tell all the members of a religion to stop practcing their faith. In the end all you can rightfully do is to try to convert members of volatile religions over to peaceful ones and try to teach people not to be so gullible.

Here's a fourth question to consider: are wars such bad things? My answer would usually be yes, but some might disagree. I guess you have to look at the circumstances surrounding each war individually and make a judgement because you can't just say that all wars are always bad. And even if you conclude that a given war is bad, sometimes the fastest way to end that war is to give one side the advantage. That must have been what the directors of the Manhattan Project decided when WWII was raging in the Pacific. They gave us the bomb, we used it to put an early end to the fighting. Then we helped rebuild Japan and we haven't nuked anybody since.

Resources aren't the problem, using them efficiently is. Overpopulation isn't the problem, localized high population density is. To solve those problems border lines need to be erased so people can move freely to areas of low population density where resources are less in demand. Religion isn't the problem, fear of strangers is. But when you have no idea how to solve the real problems, it's easier to attack people's beliefs and their lifestyles and make blanket statements like "Religion and overpopulation and lack of resources are the causes of war." People are the only cause of war and it would be better to treat people like the fallible, fearful, sometimes stupid human beings they are than to point the finger at vague concepts that few people actually understand.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-06, 07:44 PM   #7
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
the far right Conservative Christian forums are ecstatic over the goings-on in the Middle East...they see the events of the past few weeks as prophesied events signalling the onset of End Times, meaning the Rapture is imminent. a sample of the quotes, via Harper's:

Quote:
Got that dancing feeling on the inside of me.

This is the busiest I've ever seen this website in a few years! I have been having rapture dreams and I can't believe that this is really it! We are on the edge of eternity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa! I can sure feel the glory bumps after reading this thread!

I too am soooo excited!! I get goose bumps, literally, when I watch what's going on in the M.E.!! And Watcherboy, you were so right when saying it was quite a day yesterday, in the world news, and I add in local news here in the Boston area!! Tunnel ceiling collapsed on a car and killed a woman of faith, and we had the most terrifying storms I have ever seen here!! But, yes, oh happy day, like in your screen name , it is most indeed a time to be happy and excited, right there with ya!!

I am excited beyond words that the struggle of this life may be over soon and I can finally be FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

This is so exciting....I'm having a hard time believing this is 'real'!

I too am soooo excited!! I get goose bumps, literally, when I watch what's going on in the M.E.!! And Watcherboy, you were so right when saying it was quite a day yesterday, in the world news, and I add in local news here in the Boston area!! Tunnel ceiling collapsed on a car and killed a woman of faith, and we had the most terrifying storms I have ever seen here!! But, yes, oh happy day, like in your screen name , it is most indeed a time to be happy and excited, right there with ya!!
frankly, if the Rapture means that the big Jesus vacuum is gonna come and suck these people right off the face of the earth completely, then it can't come soon enough for me.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-06, 07:45 PM   #8
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
I still think religion's purpose is to unite people, not to throw them into wars against each other. You can liken a religion to a loaded gun, but it still takes an individual to aim and fire that weapon. The people who abuse religion to foment wars are manipulative bastards, and the ones who get caught doing it should be tried for crimes against humanity. But you can't put a whole religion on trial, you can't tell all the members of a religion to stop practcing their faith. In the end all you can rightfully do is to try to convert members of volatile religions over to peaceful ones and try to teach people not to be so gullible.
Are you kidding me? Religion is the problem and always will be Mazer. According to you, what are the religions that are "peaceful ones and try to teach people not to be so gullible."??? I suggest you use your words wisely since Islam have a lot in common with another one I know...
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-06, 09:41 PM   #9
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Try Buddhism. How many Buddhists have ever started a war?

Anyway, you're blaming an institution for the evils that people do. People don't need religion to be violent, any excuse will do. It's just that for some people religion is a convenient justification, while for people like you religion is a convenient scapegoat.

I remember you stood up for me when my religious beliefs were attacked. Am I so different from everyone else that it's alright for me to have faith but it's not okay for anyone else? I won't endorse that. I have the God given privelage to believe what I want to believe, and so does everyone else.
Old 21-07-06, 10:04 PM   #10
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
I have the God given privelage to believe what I want to believe, and so does everyone else.
LMAO! Good one Mazer. All of your kind conveniently forget your own religion whenever it suits you. Reminder: pursue heretical beliefs and you burn in hell, and in past times you often burned on earth as well.

Quote:
teach people not to be so gullible.
Good for another chuckle; two words - holy underwear. heh heh - gullible....right.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-06, 10:14 PM   #11
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Try Buddhism. How many Buddhists have ever started a war?

Anyway, you're blaming an institution for the evils that people do. People don't need religion to be violent, any excuse will do. It's just that for some people religion is a convenient justification, while for people like you religion is a convenient scapegoat.

I remember you stood up for me when my religious beliefs were attacked. Am I so different from everyone else that it's alright for me to have faith but it's not okay for anyone else? I won't endorse that. I have the God given privelage to believe what I want to believe, and so does everyone else.
Yes I did Mazer and still do and will as long as you have faith. I do not condone anyone for their beliefs, never did. If it suits them, let them be as long as they don't come knocking on my door to "share" with me their beliefs

You are right, Blaming religion is a scape goat, should we blame the one who try to "guide" us through their religion?
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-06, 11:12 PM   #12
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
LMAO! Good one Mazer. All of your kind conveniently forget your own religion whenever it suits you. Reminder: pursue heretical beliefs and you burn in hell, and in past times you often burned on earth as well.
Quote:
11. We claim the privilege of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
albed, everytime you try to call me out on a point of Mormon doctrine you demonstrate the fact that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Give it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
You are right, Blaming religion is a scape goat, should we blame the one who try to "guide" us through their religion?
If by "guide" you mean manipulate, abuse, or coerce, then yes, they should take the better part of the blame for the actions of their followers because they know that their "guidance" is selfish and evil.
Old 22-07-06, 12:42 AM   #13
Malk-a-mite

Quote:
I remember you stood up for me when my religious beliefs were attacked. Am I so different from everyone else that it's alright for me to have faith but it's not okay for anyone else?
Two things - one separate your belief in god from your religion. Your faith is your belief in god. Your religion is the man made institution on earth. Two very different things.

Second, is it possible to attack ones religious institution without it being an attack on ones beliefs? Is it possible that the religion of man has made mistakes in trying to understand god's will?

:)
===================
Old 22-07-06, 01:24 AM   #14
Malk-a-mite

Quote:
Overpopulation isn't the problem, localized high population density is.
Without saying anything about the accurateness of this statement... here's a map.

http://www.ccsr.columbia.edu/population/map/
"Researchers at the Earth Institute at Columbia University have developed map that projects where people will be living in the year 2025."
===================
Old 22-07-06, 09:26 AM   #15
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
I have the God given privelage to believe what I want to believe, and so does everyone else.
Quote:
Quote:
albed, everytime you try to call me out on a point of Mormon doctrine you demonstrate the fact that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Give it up.
I can understand how you'd see everything in terms of "mormon doctrine" but the subject of my statement was clearly "all your kind", and the fact that religion simply does not give its members the "privilege" to believe what they want. I'll bet you have to keep your heretical beliefs about evolution to yourself so once more you're a living example of hypocrisy; contradicting what you claim to be your beliefs.

Quote:
I still think religion's purpose is to unite people, not to throw them into wars against each other. You can liken a religion to a loaded gun,
Uniting people with a loaded gun...lol.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-06, 12:20 PM   #16
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malk-a-mite
Two things - one separate your belief in god from your religion. Your faith is your belief in god. Your religion is the man made institution on earth. Two very different things.

Second, is it possible to attack ones religious institution without it being an attack on ones beliefs? Is it possible that the religion of man has made mistakes in trying to understand god's will?

This is where the line between devout believers and everyone else tends to be drawn. I understand that a lot of people don't believe in revelation or prophesy anymore and laugh the idea off as theocracy. Well, that's their prerogotive. But you'll find that a lot of people believe their earthly religion is ordained by God and don't make the distinction between the two.

It it certainly possible for people to mistake God's will, and I would venture to say that the better part of history has shown this to be true. People misinterpret their scriptures to mean that they should fight their neighbors, and often they do so on purpose. But when you attack a man's religion he's likely to take it personally even if he's just an innocent believer.

While you can't legislate religious tollerance, you can make hateful acts illegal and punish the people who commit them without indicting their beliefs. When you punish a man for his beliefs you make him a martyr. So people must be judged by their actions and not their beliefs or else we risk turning otherwise peaceful people into violent enemies.
Old 22-07-06, 12:37 PM   #17
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
I'll bet you have to keep your heretical beliefs about evolution to yourself so once more you're a living example of hypocrisy; contradicting what you claim to be your beliefs.
I'm still at a loss for why you think I believe in evolution.
Old 22-07-06, 04:01 PM   #18
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
I'm still at a loss for why you think I believe in evolution.
so you believe in creationism?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-06, 05:09 PM   #19
ONEMANBANNED
Push "winky" ! Push!!!

Note to self : When bottle of rum shows up ......do not post it politcal forum

Have always wondered this though ........

In the really really big picture of things?.........If there is a God and created the heavens and earth........Who created God so that God could do these things ?

I`m looking at the creation side right now .....so who created God?
Where did it ALL come from ?

Last edited by ONEMANBANNED : 22-07-06 at 05:13 PM. Reason: sober now
ONEMANBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-06, 05:38 PM   #20
Nicobie

Where is TG . . .

Lets get all this godShit out of here.

It's just all crap that can't be proved.