P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 06-07-06, 06:02 AM   #1
goga12

Post Sign the petition to outlaw OPEC

America defended Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. The result? $70+ oil.The U.S. law prohibits price-fixing. OPEC manipulated the oil price, driving it to 50 times above the cost oil extraction cost. Oil is more profitable than heroin.The OPEC members use oil proceeds to fund religious fundamentalists who incite against America.We prosecute foreign drug cartels which violate the U.S. law without entering the country. We can similarly do away with the OPECStop the oil racket! Sign the petition to outlaw OPEC at www.petitiononline.com/opec Another public initiative by www.SamsonBlinded.info. Google banned the site’s advertising and Amazon deleted all reviews
Old 06-07-06, 10:33 AM   #2
Sinner
--------------------

Sure I will sign, not like it will accomplish anything though. If you did some checking you would find most of the oil entering the USA is from Non-OPEC members, Canada being the largest trade partner for oil. 17.5% of your oil supply comes from Canada. Which is on average 70,000 plus barrels a month, which is equal to what comes from the Persian Gulf countries. Venezuela, Nigeria, and Saudi Arabia are your largest OPEC member exporters. I know Saudi Arabia is full of terrorist but I question if the other two hate America that much. The president of Venezuela talks tuff but I would not consider him a huge threat.

Here is where your oil comes from

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pe...im0_mbbl_m.htm
Old 06-07-06, 11:18 AM   #3
albed
flippin 'em off

OPEC can't "fix" oil prices, it can only set export limits.

People should quit wasting their time with stupid, useless gestures and spreading lies to their fellow retards.
Quote:
America defended Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. The result? $70+ oil.
Can even a retard think that not defending Kuwait and Saudi Arabia would would have made oil cheaper?

Quote:
driving it to 50 times above the cost oil extraction cost.
I'll forgive people for believing that crap but it's another ridiculous lie.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 12:15 PM   #4
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Very true

This is what a market analyst had to say today

cut---The price of crude oil has just reached the highest level of all time.
This is precisely what I told you to expect in Your Roadmap for the Dow, Gold, and Oil which I sent you two weeks ago. That’s where I laid out my targets. Now not only oil, but also gold have set off my buy signals.

Any Wall Street analyst with half a brain should now realize that energy prices have power and momentum ... that there’s no government on the face of the planet that has the will or the power to stop it.
They’re going, going, going!

Moreover, the primary driving force behind energy prices is not terrorism. Nor is Iran, Iraq, North Korea, or hurricane fears.

Those forces are like throwing kerosene on a fire. But the fire was already raging because of the fundamental supply and demand imbalance. That’s what has more than quadrupled the price of oil in the last four years ... and what propelled it to new, all-time highs just yesterday.

Demand Driver #1: The hugely underestimated and misunderstood economic rise of Asia, especially India and China.

I’ve told you how Asia has helped create the strongest global economic growth in 30 years: An estimated 300 million people rose out of poverty in the last ten years in China alone. Overall, 2.3 billion people in Asia are finding new freedoms, new income opportunities, and consuming new goods and services. It’s a tidal wave of demand affecting virtually everything on the planet.

Demand Driver #2: Central bankers around the world are almost universally inflating their economies by systematically devaluing their paper currencies.
As the most indebted country in the history of the industrialized world, the U.S is the worst culprit.

The U.S. dollar now purchases 5% of what it purchased in 1914.

And in the last two weeks alone, the greenback has lost 3% of its value against most of the world’s major currencies.

Since oil is priced in dollars, as the dollar falls in value, the nominal price of oil in today’s dollars must rise.

Where’s oil headed next?

I think it’s going to at least $100 a barrel by the end of this year. And unleaded gas could hit $4 a gallon. In my view, the combination of strong economic growth around the globe plus the most recent plunge in the value of the U.S. dollar — virtually guarantees it.

In 2007, I expect even more upside for oil and gas: $120 a barrel for crude (perhaps even higher), and $5 a gallon at the pump.

If you’re not already in energy shares, consider getting in now. Even though they might seem pricey to a casual observer, the fact is that most oil and gas companies are extremely undervalued, sometimes trading as if oil were still at $20 per barrel and gasoline was still $1.25 per gallon.

The reason: Most analysts and investors figure high energy prices are temporary. So they are underestimating the energy sector’s earnings potential....................../ paste

Take it for what ever it is worth..
Old 06-07-06, 09:36 PM   #5
Malk-a-mite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
This is what a market analyst had to say today
For anyone curious as to the source (since I looked it up anyway):
http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/press...=344&cat_id=6&
===================
Malk-a-mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 06:59 PM   #6
Nicobie

Default The only vote that counts,

is the one you make with your wallet.

Buy less.
Old 10-07-06, 11:37 PM   #7
JackSpratts

with india russia and china coming on strong in the demand for oil dept the days where we us consumers can swing markets with our buying power may be ending. it's probably time we faced it and got on with developing other sources of energy and instituting serious conservation measures. the markets may very well be passing us by.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-06, 03:48 PM   #8
pisser
Guv

Puke

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed

People should quit wasting their time with stupid, useless gestures and spreading lies to their fellow retards.Can even a retard think that not defending Kuwait and Saudi Arabia would would have made oil cheaper?

I'll forgive people for believing that crap but it's another ridiculous lie.
This turd loves high prices for oil.....
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-06, 08:23 PM   #9
albed
flippin 'em off

Cry

Go on and whine for us pisser; you know you want to.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-06, 10:12 AM   #10
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
America defended Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. The result? $70+ oil.The U.S. law prohibits price-fixing. OPEC manipulated the oil price, driving it to 50 times above the cost oil extraction cost.
OPEC?????????? Did you get up and gargle with your Bong Water this AM?

Quote:
Oil is more profitable than heroin.
Good thing Mom buys TIME magazine, but just on the chance you actually figured out the "profit" side of oil you should realize>>>>>>>>>

Our own oil companies are the ones turning record PROFITS in the billions.

Good luck getting EXXON outlawed...

Quote:
If you’re not already in energy shares, consider getting in now. Even though they might seem pricey to a casual observer, the fact is that most oil and gas companies are extremely undervalued, sometimes trading as if oil were still at $20 per barrel and gasoline was still $1.25 per gallon.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-06, 03:47 PM   #11
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by goga12
America defended Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. The result? $70+ oil.The U.S. law prohibits price-fixing. OPEC manipulated the oil price, driving it to 50 times above the cost oil extraction cost. Oil is more profitable than heroin.The OPEC members use oil proceeds to fund religious fundamentalists who incite against America.We prosecute foreign drug cartels which violate the U.S. law without entering the country. We can similarly do away with the OPECStop the oil racket! Sign the petition to outlaw OPEC at www.petitiononline.com/opec Another public initiative by www.SamsonBlinded.info. Google banned the site’s advertising and Amazon deleted all reviews
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote