P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 20-08-07, 07:13 PM   #121
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
I'm confident that we could survive almost anything, and the longer we exist the better our chances get. Before long we'll venture to other planets and then our fate will no longer be tied to this one alone. We won't go extinct before then.

Mazer?, are you only a child of GOD still playing in the garden of eden?

We are but a sneeze according to mother earth time. Some say we have been here 500 000 years, some other say 1 000 000 years... We still do not weigh in her balance for we are young ones, prone to tantrums, see current ADMIN.

Even if I do not procreate in the near future, I do hope some future generations will be able to thrive without gaz masks.

So far, the only living population that has survived it all are ants, roaches and moskitoes (see amber rocks)

Mazer, never in history of man that the planet has been that much polluted, so once again, either camp who is fligning poop at eachother will not solve this problem. Only global concience will IMHO.

Will you be part of it Hon?
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-07, 03:05 PM   #122
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver View Post
Mazer, never in history of man that the planet has been that much polluted
That's true enough, but I look out the window and I still see blue skies, green plants, white clouds. Everywhere I go there's something growing, even in the cracks in the pavement little plants manage to thrive. There may be more pollutants in the air and the water than ever before, but this planet is alive and so are we. And whatever made us, be it God or Mother Earth, made us good at survival.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-07, 06:34 PM   #123
albed
flippin 'em off

A bad month for global warming.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...9/nbook119.xml

Quote:
Inconveniently, the 1930s were the hottest decade

...caused acute embarrassment to Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), exposing a serious flaw in its record of US surface temperatures since 1880.

instead of temperatures reaching their highest level in the past decade, the hottest year of the 20th century was not 1998 but 1934. Of the 10 warmest years since 1880, it turns out that four were in the 1930s and only three in the past decade.

The significance of this is that James Hansen, the head of GISS, has been Al Gore's closest scientific ally for nearly 20 years in promoting the global warming scare. The revised figures relate only to temperatures in North America but the fact that the pre-eminent scientific champion of the orthodoxy has been promoting erroneous data has considerable implications.

The expert responsible for spotting GISS's error was Stephen McIntyre, a Canadian computer analyst who four years ago scored the greatest coup in the history of this debate by demolishing the notorious "hockey stick" - the graph which purported to show temperatures flat-lining for centuries until they suddenly began an exponential rise in the late 20th century. The "hockey stick" was adopted as the supreme icon of the global warming lobby, led by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) which reproduced it no fewer than five times in its 2001 report. Since McIntyre exposed the mass of basic computer errors on which it was based, the IPCC in its most recent report quietly dropped it.

the latest satellite figures from the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) show that in recent years global temperatures have not continued to rise (as orthodox CO2 warming theory would suggest) but have flattened out at a level significantly lower than in 1998.

a study reported in Science finds that the increasing production of biofuels to combat climate change will release between two and nine times more CO2 into the atmosphere in the next 30 years than generating the same energy from fossil fuels.

the UK will not be able to comply with a European Council decision last March that the EU must derive 20 per cent of its energy from renewable sources by 2020. The officials have calculated that this could cost UK electricity users alone an additional £22 billion a year, nearly £1,000 a year for every household. This is 2 per cent of GDP, and double Sir Nicholas Stern's estimate for the entire cost of halting global warming. The officials predicted that the target is not remotely achievable anyway.

A final awkward finding comes from the world's leading expert on the financial costs of tackling global warming. Prof William Nordhaus, of Yale, has just published calculations showing that cuts in greenhouse gas emissions on the scale proposed by Gore might possibly save $12 trillion (£12,000bn) - but that their cost would be nearly three times as much, $34 trillion, more than half the world's GDP.
Funny how the global warming camp treats undesirable information just like the catholic church treats it's perverted priests.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-07, 12:59 PM   #124
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Lightbulb Judge Orders Bush Administration to Issue Global Warming

Quote:
Judge Orders Bush Administration to Issue Global Warming

Bloomberg

August 21, 2007

The Bush administration violated US law by failing to produce a study on the impact of global warming and must issue a summary by March, a federal judge ruled.

District Judge Saundra Armstrong in Oakland, California, said the U.S. government ``unlawfully withheld action'' required under the Global Change Research Act of 1990 to update a research plan and scientific assessment of climate change.

The law mandates the research plan should be revised every three years and the assessment every four years. The last research plan was in 2003 and the last assessment was published in 2000. Greenpeace International and two other environmental groups who say the U.S. government suppresses science on climate change sued in November seeking a court order to produce the reports.

``As the research plan is now more than a year overdue, the court orders that a summary of the revised proposed research plan be published in the Federal Register no later than March 1,'' Armstrong said in the order today. The scientific assessment must be produced by May 31, she said.

The administration will review the ruling before commenting, said White House spokeswoman Dana Perino. Calls to the U.S. Climate Change Science Program and Martin LaLonde, a Justice Department attorney involved in the case, weren't immediately returned.

President George W. Bush, citing economic reasons, in March 2001 rejected the Kyoto Protocol, a treaty among industrialized nations that would have required cuts in carbon dioxide emissions and other gases linked to global warming.

Government `Wrong'

The Bush administration said in court filings that it determined ``only recently that the initiation of a process to revise the research plan has become necessary and advisable'' and that the government has discretion about how to handle the revised reports, which Armstrong said was ``wrong.''

The reports may be completed by the end of the year, government lawyers said in court filings.

``This is the first court order specifically rebuking the Bush administration for suppressing climate change science,'' said Matthew Vespa, an attorney at the Center for Biological Diversity, one of the groups that sued. ``The report will provide updated information that all federal agencies will have to look at when assessing the impact of climate change.''

The case is Center for Biological Diversity v. Brennan, 06-7062, U.S. District Court, for the Northern District of California (San Francisco).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/a9...BsK_rFERYDW7oF

About damned time!!!
Old 22-08-07, 01:26 PM   #125
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:

To quote Lubos Motl, a former Harvard physicist…..those promoting the fear of man-made climate changes are "playing the children's game to scare each other."…..

Read these…

Washington DC – An abundance of new peer-reviewed studies, analysis, and data error discoveries in the last several months has prompted scientists to declare that fear of catastrophic man-made global warming “bites the dust” and the scientific underpinnings for alarm may be “falling apart.” The latest study to cast doubt on climate fears finds that even a doubling of atmospheric carbon dioxide would not have the previously predicted dire impacts on global temperatures. This new study is not unique, as a host of recent peer-reviewed studies have cast a chill on global warming fears.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...fed8&Issue_id=

Sizzling study concludes: Global warming 'hot air'
'You can spit, have same effect as doubling the carbon dioxide'

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57253

So it seems the problem is mother nature. How you we fix her??? We don’t. The strong survive, always have and always will.
Old 22-08-07, 06:21 PM   #126
albed
flippin 'em off

The smart survive, the strongest man is nothing without tools and weapons.
Old 22-08-07, 09:50 PM   #127
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Intelligence is a strength, so the strongest man is the smartest man.
Old 22-08-07, 11:53 PM   #128
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
To quote Lubos Motl, a former Harvard physicist…..those promoting the fear of man-made climate changes are "playing the children's game to scare each other."…..

Read these…

Washington DC – An abundance of new peer-reviewed studies, analysis, and data error discoveries in the last several months has prompted scientists to declare that fear of catastrophic man-made global warming “bites the dust” and the scientific underpinnings for alarm may be “falling apart.” The latest study to cast doubt on climate fears finds that even a doubling of atmospheric carbon dioxide would not have the previously predicted dire impacts on global temperatures. This new study is not unique, as a host of recent peer-reviewed studies have cast a chill on global warming fears.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...fed8&Issue_id=

Sizzling study concludes: Global warming 'hot air'
'You can spit, have same effect as doubling the carbon dioxide'

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57253

So it seems the problem is mother nature. How you we fix her??? We don’t. The strong survive, always have and always will.

Pashsaaaa. Think I just heard a sneeze... Ever think of becoming a rodeo clown and do us that favor?

The strong to last on my knowledge are ants, roaches and muzzies, not humanity. We never were and never will, see wild kingdom where youngs learn to fly or fare for themselve within 2 months while exposed at that age, wound not survive.

BTW, got curious for you are still on my whatever peep I don't give a flying fuck list. Yes, I'm that crude.

Yeah right...

whatever for you are still on the no see list.

A novel idea... Why not become a rodeo clown?

I tend to repeat myself, I tend to repeat myself, I tend to repeat myself...

ya keyboard warrior, how come you are not in AF right now?

Thought you were a proud one coming form a "proud" military family ?!? How come you are not on MYSpace posting from Iraq or AF underfire?

Yeah... what is your reason again to not go to AF? After all you are a Canadian who support the troops, how come you are not over there?

Scared?

ChickenShit?

I can have no respect for one who proud himself from a military family and won't do shit to honor his title.

Better be a Rodeo Clown IMO.

PS : Replying to you was entertaining, please do come again
Old 22-08-07, 11:56 PM   #129
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:

Beddy boy will not have the skills to survive.... unless he did learn to lick asses and much more.....

Oldest profession in the world reallly....
Old 23-08-07, 03:22 AM   #130
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
World's Strongest Man. Notice the competition doesn't include a chess match.

But survival in difficult circumstances will likely require intelligence and strength.

Bullshitting ability may enable the parasitization of the less intelligent though, like priestly classes traditionally do, so you might make it Mazer.

Quote:
Beddy boy will not have the skills to survive.... unless he did learn to lick asses and much more.....

I see m.s.'s strategy; she'll starve.
Old 23-08-07, 10:32 AM   #131
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Pashsaaaa. Think I just heard a sneeze... Ever think of becoming a rodeo clown and do us that favor?
Naaa…. I would have to take like a $150,000 a year pay cut. I will stick with the Financial Services industry, it could be kinda fun but naaaa. Thanks for the idea tho.

Quote:
The strong to last on my knowledge are ants, roaches and muzzies, not humanity. We never were and never will, see wild kingdom where youngs learn to fly or fare for themselve within 2 months while exposed at that age, wound not survive.
Well, we all know your knowledge is very very limited. Besides hating Americans, seems you are good at that.

Quote:
BTW, got curious for you are still on my whatever peep I don't give a flying fuck list. Yes, I'm that crude.
No, you are not crude, just stupid.

Quote:
Yeah right...

whatever for you are still on the no see list.

A novel idea... Why not become a rodeo clown?
See above

Quote:
I tend to repeat myself, I tend to repeat myself, I tend to repeat myself...
I find that is what people do when they have a low IQ. Can’t think of anything new to say.

Quote:
ya keyboard warrior, how come you are not in AF right now?

Thought you were a proud one coming form a "proud" military family ?!? How come you are not on MYSpace posting from Iraq or AF underfire?

Yeah... what is your reason again to not go to AF? After all you are a Canadian who support the troops, how come you are not over there?

Scared?

ChickenShit?
Try reading in one of the 10 other threads in which you asked this very question. Unfortunately I don’t make the rules for the military.

Quote:
I can have no respect for one who proud himself from a military family and won't do shit to honor his title.

Better be a Rodeo Clown IMO.
What title? I am a Branch Manager at a Financial firm. That is my title. Because my father was in the Military in Ireland, --maybe try a read some old post when I talked about this, also I was born in Armagh and Catholic…do the math--, makes me have to join the military? When I said I “Grew Up” in a Military family it ment things were very strict. We did not get away with much. If I brought home a C from school there would be hell to pay, We were put into kickboxing at a young age to learn to fight and defend ourselves. It might sound bad but we were raised to respect others and I still played Hockey and rode dirt bikes like other kids I had a very normal up bringing, but when it came to school I better have been on the ball. So there is nothing in my background which said I had to join the army. It was my choice. I wanted the learn how to fly helicopters.

You can’t even keep on topic can you? Did you even graduate from high school? Unlike you I do support the troops but this is a thread about global warming. Try and keep up. Your name calling is getting boring. Esp. since you can’t think of anything new to say.

Quote:
PS : Replying to you was entertaining, please do come again
I feel guilty responding to you, It is like I am picking on the Mentally Challenged.
Old 23-08-07, 10:07 PM   #132
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Bullshitting ability may enable the parasitization of the less intelligent though, like priestly classes traditionally do, so you might make it Mazer.
Priestcraft is a sin in my religion, but I've never lacked for physical strength so you needn't worry about me.
Old 25-08-07, 07:40 AM   #133
albed
flippin 'em off

You must lead a pretty easy life if you've never needed more strength than you had. But if faith can move mountains I suppose that's all you need.
Old 25-08-07, 06:09 PM   #134
Nicobie

Quote:

Mazer is a whore?

Who is a whore?

Maybe U need to calm down and try to think things thru, before U sprew, all the hatred.

Old 25-08-07, 07:06 PM   #135
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie View Post
Mazer is a whore?

Who is a whore?

Maybe U need to calm down and try to think things thru, before U sprew, all the hatred.

Beddy boy aka albed you dork...

Now go take a hard look in the mirror and remember the shit you pulled on the B-Day thread Goldie started. Keep it up Nicobie, I will have to contact admin for your IP or any good decent Moderator over here for harassments and defamation. You sure as hell picked the wrong state to live in to pull that shit for I heard that California has made it a FELONY to stalk someone from the internet like you did previously.

If the Admin doesn't comply, i'll go to the server that is hosting this site and tell that the admin allows this shit to go on, thus pressuring Gaz (got that grand pubha) to either reveal that IP of yours so I can press charges toward your ISP for using your connection to Harrass me and insult me at every chance you get. If your ISP realize this and all the hateful post you made and being bound to californian law, you will be dumped by them like a sac of rotten taters.

Gazdet, I know this is your board but let one like that again slide... You do know that Nicobie has been bitching over 5 years of being banned from other board, wonder why If you cannot figure it out, maybe i'll be forced to remind you?

Sick and tired of being his target for this last year, if you allow it to continue, I will take actions, just a fair warning toward your's truly and the dillweed for while you protect him and only delete posts, you are as guilty as he is for allowing his behavior in the eye of the Law and mine. In my views, by not taking action against his hateful post, you also view me as a... figure out the rest. Will not bother going to PM you again for it is a waste of time.

I do not ask for his banning, just that you give HIM the same consideration as you gave sinner, more than once, GOT IT?

I can and I will shut him up if I get his IP to track him to his IPS, can<t wait to call them.

So Gazdet, where do you stand in all of this?

Enough is Enough Gaz, Either you do something about it for he will come back with bitchier stances for you let him slide on this one, or I will.

I fondly remember Ranger 121 on the original napster board saying the same thing to another member over there, only threat from the law shut the other party up.

Will have to PM ranger to remember who it was but i'm quite sure it is our reformed Pisser

Gazdet, I will not take this shit anymore, your call is next...
Old 26-08-07, 02:59 AM   #136
albed
flippin 'em off

There's an ignore function that you are fully aware of, if you choose not to use it then you have nobody to blame for being upset at what you read than yourself.

And you might want to review some of your own very offensive posts before you start bitching about someone else's.

Must be that time of the month.
Old 26-08-07, 06:26 AM   #137
multi
Thanks for being with arse

I think this might be blowing up out of proportion a little... in the Admin's defence I don't think they have been here more than once or twice over the last few months

The moderators that are here could do a bit more , but probably don't want to without getting an ok from higher up... or look heavy handed

It's been said a few times by the Admin this forum is self moderated..it maybe better to just let the childish insults slide off your back a little bit... quack!
(you know like a duck)

Don't let these fuckers get to ya..
Just tell 'em fuck em and move on ,miss_s
thats all I can really suggest

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-07, 09:28 AM   #138
Sinner
--------------------

Baby want her bottle?

Old 26-08-07, 07:35 PM   #139
zombywoof

Does Al Gore still fly in private jets to his rallys or has he switched to horse and buggys.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-07, 08:45 AM   #140
albed
flippin 'em off

Poor floydian.