P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 26-03-08, 11:00 AM   #221
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
theorizes
Old 26-03-08, 01:45 PM   #222
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

The 10,000 gallons per acre per year theory is based on the results of small scale experiments that were conducted by NREL in New Mexico between 1978 and 1996, and it's fairly optimistic considering the marginal success they had. The problem was they were growing domesticated algae in surface pools where they were exposed to constant changes in temperature and competition from wild algae. The wild species better adapt to temperature changes because they exert less energy making oil, so the surface pool method doesn't produce that much fuel. Because of this NREL stopped research on algae and concluded in 1998 that petrodiesel prices would have to double to make algal biodiesel cost effective. Since then diesel prices have more than tripled and that's why the private sector continues to do research. They've found that they can grow delicate algae species in closed-circuit photobioreactors to produce high yields of oil. I haven't come across any published results yet so I don't know if the 10,000 gallon theory has been borne out, but given the sheer number of corporations researching algae I'd bet that number has already been surpassed.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-08, 05:09 PM   #223
albed
flippin 'em off

I'd call it ridiculously optimistic and if they can get more than 33% profit now people would be brawling to get into the field and it would be all over the mass media.

Gullible thy name is Mazer.
Old 26-03-08, 06:59 PM   #224
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Thanks for posting about it anyway,Mazer..
even though I am sure you realized the response was always going to be quite predictable .

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-08, 06:18 AM   #225
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Interesting stuff, Mazer. Thanks for the links. Alternative fuel technologies have come a long way.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-08, 08:41 AM   #226
albed
flippin 'em off

Yeah there's so much alternative fuel around it's amazing that it can be kept so well hidden.
Old 27-03-08, 11:35 AM   #227
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Nobody's asking you to invest in it, albed. I'm just reporting what I know.

Here's a couple more links for the rest of you: http://gas2.org/ http://claytonbodiecornell.greenopti...ory/biodiesel/

Last edited by Mazer : 27-03-08 at 11:45 AM.
Old 27-03-08, 02:52 PM   #228
albed
flippin 'em off

Read your own links Mazer?

Quote:
As a designer and developer of photobioreactors for 20 odd years, I am quite astounded by the ridiculous claims this company is making. Have they ever had any of their data verified by independent experts? No. (if you do some sums on their published data, you find that their projections disobey the laws of thermodynamics)
Their system is not unique and has been constructed by others on a number of occasions. Even the pig type cleaning system was demonstrated by my group back in 1993.
I can tell you now that their systems, as depicted won’t work!

Alganon
http://claytonbodiecornell.greenopti...line/#comments

You need to question people's claims instead of blindly accepting them or you'll spend your life getting passed from huckster to huckster like a cheap prison bitch.
Old 27-03-08, 06:09 PM   #229
multi

Njah Njah oh ...yay

random comment on the intertube wins the day !

This Alganon sounds like he is possibly channeling information from the extraterrestrials
(or the oil companies)

Quote:
if you do some sums on their published data, you find that their projections disobey the laws of thermodynamics
all the laws?

I suspect it must be that damn entropy doing it's dirty work again...

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 28-03-08, 09:42 AM   #230
albed
flippin 'em off

same link:

Quote:
Riaan Says:
February 8th, 2008 at 9:10 pm
We have been dealing with this company for over a year. Based on projections and promises the company made, we found investors for a industrial plant. We needed oil samples to move forward to prove sustainability and that it actually would be usable for biodiesel. Week after week they said it has been send to us and we will recieve it shortly. We have $25 million for the project based on their total cost with build out and still no sample. If these guys can really do it we would have been up and running by now. It is the biggest scam out their take it from somebody who tried to deal with these people. You cant even get hold of Hans the CEO or anybody to complain about service, the only people you can talk to is the salespeople who will promise you the world but can’t deliver.
Quote:
Hans Jansen Says:
February 11th, 2008 at 11:21 am
Alganon:

http://biodieselfever.com/?p=4

Hans van de Ven of Algaelink (and Bioking) is about the biggest charlatan you can find in the industry.

Hans Jansen Says:
February 11th, 2008 at 11:27 am
What puzzles me is why Clayton just publishes this Algaelink fraud without at least verifying some of the (ridiculous) claims from some third party. Biodiesel Magazine did the same thing. Is this article journalism or the Algaelink propaganda machien at work?

Relevant link: http://biodieselfever.com/?p=4 (don't look Mazer, it will challenge your faith)
Old 28-03-08, 09:59 PM   #231
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I looked 'cause I haven't any faith in biodiesel to loose.

So one algae farm company is a fraud. Big deal, there are frauds in every industry. The technology isn't ready to be implemented on an industrial scale, but that makes it no less promising. Here's a posting that apparently didn't show up in the links above: Tests Show Biofuel Algae Economically Viable.
Old 29-03-08, 04:30 AM   #232
albed
flippin 'em off

Another article by the same sleazebag parroting yet another company's unverified claims. You must be some kind of bullshit addict.
Old 29-03-08, 04:45 AM   #233
multi

It sounds more and more like it's just one of the sorts of new emerging technologies and information you just don't hear about albed... you seem to have a habit of bleating your repetitive sheep-like opinions like someone that has quite a bit of investment in oil stocks.

here ya go... you will love this..
http://www.nbc11.com/news/15723429/d...l?dl=mainclick

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 29-03-08 at 05:00 AM. Reason: added link
Old 29-03-08, 08:44 PM   #234
multi

Njah Njah no?

earth hour anyone?

http://depletedcranium.com/?p=498
Attached Images

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 12-05-08, 04:50 PM   #235
albed
flippin 'em off

April 8 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Yeah we got a couple inches of snow here in PA. The global warming dimwits will just have to keep quiet until a heat wave hits or get the derisive laughter they deserve.

May 12 2008
Another two inches of snow, this time a month later. I saw a couple of news stories about a downward trend in global temperatures with the predictible caveat that it didn't mean global warming wasn't occuring.

We'll probably be well into the next glaciation before the idiots finally admit they were full of shit.

Here we are: http://uk.reuters.com/article/enviro...82254220080509
Quote:
the study published in the journal Nature last week did not dispute manmade global warming, it did predict a cooling from recent average temperatures through 2015
Hah! A seven year long excuse for an absence of data supporting global warming. HOW VERY FUCKING CONVENIENT!

Last edited by albed : 12-05-08 at 05:52 PM.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-08, 05:08 AM   #236
ittybitty

Quote:
April 8 2007

May 12 2008
Another two inches of snow, this time a month later. I saw a couple of news stories about a downward trend in global temperatures with the predictible caveat that it didn't mean global warming wasn't occuring.

We'll probably be well into the next glaciation before the idiots finally admit they were full of shit.

Here we are: http://uk.reuters.com/article/enviro...82254220080509
Hah! A seven year long excuse for an absence of data supporting global warming. HOW VERY FUCKING CONVENIENT!
We can thank Bush/ Chemtrails for all our pleasures!
Old 14-05-08, 06:47 AM   #237
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Another two inches of snow, this time a month later.
I'll see your two inches and raise you twelve. Not here in Denver but in the mountains no more than 25 miles to the west. I'm pretty well sick of it by now. Before the drought in Colorado ended spring pretty much began in late February. This year it didn't really begin until a few weeks ago.
Old 14-05-08, 07:56 AM   #238
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
We can thank Bush/ Chemtrails for all our pleasures!
You can thank whoever/whatever you ignorant crackpots want to thank, just don't try to include knowledgeable people who respect the truth with your "we".
Old 14-05-08, 08:15 AM   #239
ittybitty

i was being sarcastic, i'm on the truth side.
Old 14-05-08, 08:16 AM   #240
albed
flippin 'em off

Yeah I figured the "pleasures" part was sarcasm but Bush and chemtrails??

Didn't catch this little squirm before:
Quote:
The..(IPCC)..last year said global warming was "unequivocal" and that manmade greenhouse gas emissions were "very likely" part of the problem.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/enviro...080509?sp=true

Subtle little shift in rhetoric there. How big a "part" will no doubt be left with considerable leeway.

Looks like the life vests are getting buckled.