P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 29-05-06, 06:03 AM   #21
albed
flippin 'em off

I've been thinking about it and Kennedy's behaviour may be just the thing to improve his status in the democratic party. Howard Dean goes on his maniacal shriekfest and the dems think 'that's our man', and elect him to head the party. Now they have an alcoholic, drug addicted, car crashing, mental case and they seem to think he's the liberal messiah.

Charlie Manson really missed his calling.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-06, 12:04 PM   #22
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Update:

Rep. Patrick Kennedy reaches DUI plea deal
Congressman crashed his car near the U.S. Capitol last month

WASHINGTON - Rep. Patrick Kennedy reached a deal with prosecutors to plead guilty to a charge of driving under the influence of prescription drugs in connection with his middle-of-the-night car crash last month near the U.S. Capitol.

Two additional charges of reckless driving and failure to exhibit a driving permit will be dismissed under the plea agreement.

Announcing the agreement, Kennedy's chief of staff, Sean Richardson, said the Rhode Island Democrat would appear in District of Columbia Superior Court Tuesday afternoon "to accept the consequences of his actions."

"He is looking forward to closing this chapter," Richardson said. "He's feeling great and is expected to be back to work."

Addiction treatment
Kennedy returned to Congress last week after nearly a month of treatment for addiction to prescription pain drugs at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

The six-term congressman, who has struggled with addiction since high school, had entered the clinic one day after the May 4 crash on Capitol Hill that he said he could not remember.

The accident has raised questions about whether Kennedy, 38, was drinking and had received special treatment by police, who did not conduct field sobriety tests. Kennedy has denied consuming alcohol before the crash.

In the hours before the crash, Kennedy said he returned home from work and took a sleeping pill, Ambien, and Phenergan, a prescription anti-nausea drug that can cause drowsiness. He said he did not consume alcohol.

Kennedy crashed his green 1997 Ford Mustang convertible into a security barrier near the Capitol about 3 a.m. The officer listed alcohol influence as a contributing factor in the crash and noted that Kennedy was "ability impaired," with red, watery eyes, slurred speech and unsteady balance, according to the accident report.

Special treatment claims denied
Police did not conduct field sobriety tests on Kennedy. A police union official has said the officers involved in the accident were instructed by a superior to take the congressman home. Kennedy has denied asking for special treatment.

Police had observed Kennedy's car, with no headlights on, swerve into the wrong lane and strike a curb. Kennedy nearly hit a police car, the report said, and did not respond to the officer's efforts to pull him over. He continued at a slower speed before hitting a security barrier head-on, the report said.

Kennedy told the police officer he was "headed to the Capitol to make a vote," the report said. He was cited for failure to keep in the proper lane, traveling at "unreasonable speed" and failing to "give full time and attention" to operating his vehicle.

Kennedy's office has said that it has not received those initial citations.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13297187/

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-06, 08:04 PM   #23
albed
flippin 'em off

Another Democrat, another doper -

In a tearful speech to about 200 city employees in City Council chambers Tuesday Mayor John M. Fabrizi of Bridgeport Connecticut admitted he had abused cocaine while in office and said he wanted to apologize "to all the people of the city" but had no plans to resign.

The admission followed the inadvertent release of an FBI document in which an alleged drug dealer claimed an associate had a videotape of the mayor using cocaine.

I guess you can't be a new england democrat nowdays without snorting a few lines and then crying about how sorry you are for betraying your constituents.

Following the Kennedy path to success.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-06, 09:14 PM   #24
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

If he's anything like Marion Barry this incident won't hurt his career at all.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-06, 10:27 PM   #25
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
If he's anything like Marion Barry this incident won't hurt his career at all.
LOL, he wanted to apologize "to all the people of the city" but only did so to 200 city employees. Further, he did so following "the inadvertent release of an FBI document...". LOL he "had no plans to resign". What a hypocrite.

If I were a resident of his city (Bridgeport, Connecticut), I would demand his resignation.

Usually in cases like this......
If the person is a liberal Democrat anything goes and it's all OK...
If the person is a conservative Republican its "crucify and burn at the stake" time, even if the allegations are only rumors.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote