P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 04-05-06, 04:43 PM   #1
Hegemonic

Default hic..Like father, like son...hic!

Quote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS...nedy.accident/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Patrick Kennedy, son of Massachusetts Sen. Ted Kennedy, crashed his car into a barricade on Capitol Hill early Thursday, the Rhode Island Democrat said.

"I was involved in a traffic incident last night at First and C Street SE near the U.S. Capitol," Rep. Kennedy said in a written statement. "I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake."

Rep. Kennedy was not injured in the accident, which apparently happened about 3 a.m., one law enforcement source said.

The elder Kennedy, a fellow Democrat, said he had no immediate comment.

Congressional and law enforcement sources said Capitol Hill Police witnessed the accident, and they reported that Kennedy was the only one in the car, which was badly damaged.
At least no secretaries were harmed in the making of this Kennedy drunk driving escapade.
Old 04-05-06, 05:16 PM   #2
albed
flippin 'em off

Give the dipshit a plane so he can get it right; or at least some skiis and a football.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 10:21 PM   #3
Hegemonic

Quote:
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/l...s/14503326.htm

WASHINGTON - Rep. Patrick Kennedy crashed his car near the Capitol early Thursday, and a police official said he appeared intoxicated. Kennedy said he had taken sleep medication and a prescription anti-nausea drug that can cause drowsiness.

Kennedy, D-R.I., addressed the issue after a spate of news reports. His initial statement said, "I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident."

Later, however, he issued a longer statement saying the attending physician for Congress had prescribed Phenergan on Tuesday to treat Kennedy's gastroenteritis, an inflammation of the stomach and intestines.

Kennedy said he returned to his Capitol Hill home on Wednesday evening after a final series of votes in Congress and took "prescribed" amounts of Phenergan and Ambien, another prescribed drug that he occasionally takes to fall asleep.

"Some time around 2:45 a.m., I drove the few blocks to the Capitol Complex believing I needed to vote," his second statement said. "Apparently, I was disoriented from the medication."
My grandpa used to call the bottle of scotch above the fridge his "medicine" too.
Old 04-05-06, 11:19 PM   #4
albed
flippin 'em off

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/05/wa...05kennedy.html

Police supervisors arrived at the scene in time to prevent the officers from administering a sobriety test and ordered the rich famous fuckwad driven to his house.

Not even to a hospital but straight home after a serious crash.

Wonder how deep the media will dig into this?
Old 05-05-06, 06:30 AM   #5
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Glad to see minds have been made up already.
What a joy to behold.
Land of the free and the presumption of innocence.
Old 05-05-06, 09:29 AM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

Since there are only two "minds" in this thread I'd like to know what I posted that indicates to you that my mind has been "made up"?
Old 05-05-06, 11:23 AM   #7
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
Land of the free and the presumption of innocence.
Sure, but (apparently) only for liberal Democrats.

How come that premise doesn't work for anyone in the Bush Administration when it works for any Kennedy?

Shades of Chap-A-Quick-Dick. At least no one was killed this time around.

Quote:
Capitol Hill Police witnessed the accident, and they reported that Kennedy was the only one in the car.
How much more proof do you require? My mind IS made up. Kennedy crashed his F'ing car. The Capitol Police saw the accident happen. Kennedy said he was under the influence of a drug that can cause drowsiness.

These facts are significantly more proof than the wild ass conspiracy theories and rumors that are used on a daily basis against President Bush and members of his Administration.

It really does not matter whether it was phenergan (Promethazine HCI) or alcohol (or both). It doesn't matter if the drug was prescribed or not. If the substance effects his ability to safely operate a motor vehicle, he should not be driving - for (what should be) very obvious reasons. All elements of the crime are proven.

Phenergan is a drug commonly used for anti-nausea. It is capable of causing drowsiness and blurred vision. Alcohol greatly intensifies the drowsiness effect. Phenergan can also cause increased sensitivity to natural or artificial sunlight. Labels warning of these side effects are always attached to the bottle.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 11:46 AM   #8
Hegemonic

It's every Americans duty to lambast the Kennedy's, they're a national joke.
Old 05-05-06, 11:51 AM   #9
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

sadly, hes a rich guy, hell get out of it just fine
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 02:03 PM   #10
daddydirt
even the losers

Patches
I'm depending on you, son
To pull the family through
My son, it's all left up to you
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 02:15 PM   #11
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

LOL, here's more.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12634639/

He's going into rehab.

Addiction to prescription painkillers, alcohol.

I personally know a gal who crashed her car into a light post because she was on prescription meds. They took her driver's license away on the spot. Three years later, she is still without a driver license.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Old 05-05-06, 02:15 PM   #12
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/05/wa...05kennedy.html

Police supervisors arrived at the scene in time to prevent the officers from administering a sobriety test and ordered the rich famous fuckwad driven to his house.

Not even to a hospital but straight home after a serious crash.

Wonder how deep the media will dig into this?
probably about as deep as they do when the Vice-President shoots somebody in the face and doesn't have to talk to the police until the next day
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 02:18 PM   #13
Hegemonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
probably about as deep as they do when the Vice-President shoots somebody in the face and doesn't have to talk to the police until the next day
But Cheney's not a drug addicted alcoholic, like the majority of the Kennedy clan.
Old 05-05-06, 02:47 PM   #14
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
That seems to work both ways doesn't it?

Liberals virtually crucified Rush Limbaugh for his addiction to prescription painkillers, which did not involve MULTIPLE automobile accidents. They roasted Cheney for his hunting accident.

Why doesn't such "moral outrage" also include Senator Kennedy? Where is this purportedly righteous concern now?

Positive proof beyond any doubt that the "concern" that the liberals have for issues like these is nothing more than forwarding their own agendas.

I just laughed my ass off at that Kennedy Alert pic.

Old 05-05-06, 06:30 PM   #15
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix
That seems to work both ways doesn't it?

Liberals virtually crucified Rush Limbaugh for his addiction to prescription painkillers, which did not involve MULTIPLE automobile accidents. They roasted Cheney for his hunting accident.

Why doesn't such "moral outrage" also include Senator Kennedy? Where is this purportedly righteous concern now?

Positive proof beyond any doubt that the "concern" that the liberals have for issues like these is nothing more than forwarding their own agendas.

I just laughed my ass off at that Kennedy Alert pic.
fair point, drak...

i think there are a couple of key factors that are gonna determine how badly a public figure should get roasted over things like this:

first of all, did anybody get hurt? in the case of Kennedy jr., it's only a car wreck - practically a non-issue. on the other hand, Kennedy Sr. got somebody killed and deserves a lot more than he ever got for his crimes.

second thing that is gonna generate lots of righteous gloating is did the sinner have a record of criticizing others for the same crime? Limbaugh is on record as saying all drug users should go to jail...ergo, when he gets busted for a drug habit, he deserves whatever public ridicule they can pile on him.
an even better example is Mr. Virtue, Bill Bennett, who turns out to be a degenerate gambler...

if you're a public figure and you run around pointing fingers at others, your shit better be squeaky clean...if not, your karma will catch up to you sooner or later, as well it should.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 06:47 PM   #16
albed
flippin 'em off

Roll eyes 1

Nice call knife; if you don't criticize others for drug and alcohol abuse then it's ok to do it yourself.

And if you don't hurt or kill someone with your reckless behaviour you should get off scott free.

Liberal ethics in action.
Old 05-05-06, 08:04 PM   #17
Hegemonic

I secretly believe that Kennedy was trying to emulate the suicide bombers that liberal democrats have come to know and openly support these last few years, he was just reaching out to his party's base.
Old 06-05-06, 09:51 AM   #18
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Question here's a bit of goss

i hear maybe the chief the CIA will resign over his involment in designing the explosive belts for certain democrat suicide bombers

whos really working with the terrorists ?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-06, 06:32 PM   #19
albed
flippin 'em off

Roll eyes 1

Boy this topic dropped off the media radar faster than TWA 800.

Last monday the Rhode Island Democratic Party endorsed Representative Patrick Kennedy, who was absent and being treated yet again for addiction to prescription drugs, for reelection at their state convention.

Despite a long history of abusing street drugs and prescription drugs and of mental illness, State Representative Paul Crowley of Newport declared "Kennedy's ability to do the job should not be questioned."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/rho..._for_congress/

Hey, Howard Dean needs someone to make him look mentally stable.
Old 12-05-06, 07:16 AM   #20
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Hey, Howard Dean needs someone to make him look mentally stable.
If he can do it for Howard,you need to book an appointment quick.He might be able to help YOU.