P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 22-11-04, 04:47 PM   #1
Wrench

Brows Democrat VS Republican

Since I'm from Canada I have no clue what each stands for and is defined as.
In Canada we have the Conservatives and Liberals, and some other parties like NDP and Block. (Some Canadians might object to my definitions)
Conservative = Emphasises more economic freedom (Business are their friends) and is less focused on personal freedom. They tend to be more fiscally responsible.
Liberals = Emphasises more personal freedon and is less focused on providing economic freedoms to companies and customers of those companies. Not so fiscally responsible
NDP = Commies.. All I got to say, I hate them all. They would ruin this country just like they did BC. Fiscally they got no friggen clue.
Block = Party in quebec that only has the interest of one province hence they are big dickheads and most of the country don't like them.

How would a Democrat or a Republican be described as?
Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-04, 05:18 PM   #2
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench
Block = Party in quebec that only has the interest of one province hence they are big dickheads and most of the country don't like them.
Why?
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-04, 07:27 PM   #3
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
Why?
The only way I can get treated ok there is to speak spanish.

To speak english without a french accent is to be treated like shit.

Sorry, but that is the way it is.
Old 22-11-04, 08:41 PM   #4
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Now this is going to be a fun thread. Let's start with a little history, shall we?

Republicans employ exterminators. Democrats step on the bugs.

[rimshot]

Democrats eat the fish they catch. Republicans hang them on the wall.

[rimshot]

Republicans tend to keep their shades drawn, although there is seldom any reason why they should. Democrats ought to, but don't.

[rimshot]

Republican boys date Democratic girls. They plan to marry Republican girls, but feel that they're entitled to a little fun first.

[rimshot]
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-04, 02:21 AM   #5
daddydirt
even the losers

republicans on nov.3 .............

democrats on nov. 3 ...........................
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-04, 08:41 PM   #6
Nicobie

In high school I had the hots for this gorgeous Jewish girl, she was on the swim team. ( ~VA VA VOOM ~ ). She liked me too. We hung out together around campus and the libary and wherever else we could.

When I finally got my first car, I sucked it up and asked the gal for a real date. She said she couldn't because her dad would shit his pants if she dated a guy with a German sounding name. As I was born in CA from parents with Belgian and Canadian roots I couldn't figure why I was scum.

We snuck around for a few months but I didn't like the situation and just quit hanging out with her.

I still get upset with peeps about their preconceived 'facts'.

Red ~~~ Blue? Give me a fuc'n break assholes.

If U had any balls U'd vote libertarian anyway.
Old 25-11-04, 03:11 AM   #7
cheapprick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench
Since I'm from Canada I have no clue what each stands for and is defined as.
In Canada we have the Conservatives and Liberals, and some other parties like NDP and Block. (Some Canadians might object to my definitions)
Conservative = Emphasises more economic freedom (Business are their friends) and is less focused on personal freedom. They tend to be more fiscally responsible.
Liberals = Emphasises more personal freedon and is less focused on providing economic freedoms to companies and customers of those companies. Not so fiscally responsible
NDP = Commies.. All I got to say, I hate them all. They would ruin this country just like they did BC. Fiscally they got no friggen clue.

How would a Democrat or a Republican be described as?

You're pretty young no?

Conservatives are financially responsible.
If you like the free health care, maybe ease up on the commie B.S. too.
cheapprick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-04, 03:19 AM   #8
Gutrguy
Semiblind

i would hate to see a conservative that is NOT financially responsible! Our current president is a conservative, and has run up the largest deficit ever...
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-04, 05:39 AM   #9
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutrguy
i would hate to see a conservative that is NOT financially responsible! Our current president is a conservative, and has run up the largest deficit ever...
Still with the whining and rhetoric huh gutr? We weren't in debt BEFORE George W. became Pres.? Projections show that the deficit will hit 477 billion in 2004, while a record in nominal dollars, it represents a smaller share of the economy--4.2 percent of gross domestic product (GDP)--than the deficits recorded in the mid-1980s and early 1990s

In other words its no where near as tragic and "irresponsible" as you and your liberal sore losers are still trying to brainwash into anyone that will listen.

Kerry's history....get over it, he was setting up to ass-fuk this country like Clinton did for 8 years and the country said not again! If the majority of the country was as pissed as you are at Bush, and like you, honestly believe the lies and rhetoric that the Democrats based their whole campaign on then Kerry would be the President.

We now know that a whole lot of people went to the free concerts, they watched Farenhype 911, listened to Bruce, Tim, Cher and the dozens of other *cough* celebrities who tried to use their now obviously non existent "Pull" with their fans to sway voters not on issues but with their "celebrity", and a whole lot of those peeps still voted Bush. The "Vote for Kerry cuz the Boss thinks he's cool" kinda crap just didn't work.

I really had my doubts about Bush winning. I thought for sure there were enough idiots out there to actually let some giant ass of an EGO like Bruce or Cher persuade them to vote for someone just because a celebrity was.

Praise Jesus and the Lord Almighty God for all those religious fanatical republicans that used their heaven sent powers to cast out those evil liberals and block those fanatical celebrity brainwashing beams from misleading fine young Republicans into voting for a dirty Democrat.

After all can't expect you democrats to understand that you just plain lost.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-04, 09:36 AM   #10
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapprick
You're pretty young no?

Conservatives are financially responsible.
If you like the free health care, maybe ease up on the commie B.S. too.

He is not far off calling the NDP commies. NDP are a cancer to Canadian Government and really should never win seats in middle-class or well to do areas. They win Provincial elections in poor provinces and keep them poor because they drive away business. I was living in Vancouver when the NDP took power. Not long after Calgary and Alberta had a boom with business and people leaving B.C. to get away. I was one of them, I was transferred because the firm moved our offices.

Conservatives will not take away free health care, but I for one wish they would. It would be less expensive to pay insurance premiums to be covered instead of being taxed to death, it will never happen. Anyways they want a two tier system in Canada because really there already is a two tier system. You want an MRI done tomorrow you go to Alberta and pay for one, you want any medical procedure done asap you go to the US. US hospitals near the Canadian border do a lot of business with Canadians.

A two tier system would work. Doctors would have to do X number of hours at a government hospital a month and the rest at their private practice. It would work. I know if I need to I would rather go to an American hospital instead of waiting around for hours, days, weeks, months to get help. If you need a hip replacement for example, in Canada you may wait 6 to 8 months before you can get it done. In that time you are in pain and doing more damage to areas around your hip. It is a fact that that person waiting in Canada will have more health problems in the near future because of the damage caused waiting for a new hip. In the US your hip is replaced in a few weeks tops. Little chance of future complications.

Anyways,

Last edited by Sinner : 25-11-04 at 01:11 PM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-04, 02:57 PM   #11
cheapprick

So you would rather have the ability to pay hefty sums and have the procedure immediately? Isn't that already the option Alberta and the U.S. give you? Best of both worlds. I live in a province that, while still a have not in the early 80's, was completely in the black. The conservatives took power in the early 80's and held it for 10 years.

They turned the province back over more than 300 million in debt. The NDP were/are once again forced to make cuts to pay those 'fiscally responsible' debts. There might be a reason the NDP have now won the last 4 elections in this province. We received Mulroney at the same time as Devine and the province was devastated. Despite my hillbilly neighbors in the rural areas POV, the province/country self-destructed under their conservative leadership.

The other reason I can't handle heavy conservatism is their tendency to lean toward the U.S. There is already a U.S., and we are not now nor need to be in the future, a part of it. The majority of Canadians, yes majority, are happy with having a thin layer of cloth between the two countries' genitals.
cheapprick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-04, 10:39 PM   #12
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62
Still with the whining and rhetoric huh gutr? We weren't in debt BEFORE George W. became Pres.? Projections show that the deficit will hit 477 billion in 2004, while a record in nominal dollars, it represents a smaller share of the economy--4.2 percent of gross domestic product (GDP)--than the deficits recorded in the mid-1980s and early 1990s

In other words its no where near as tragic and "irresponsible" as you and your liberal sore losers are still trying to brainwash into anyone that will listen.

Kerry's history....get over it, he was setting up to ass-fuk this country like Clinton did for 8 years and the country said not again! If the majority of the country was as pissed as you are at Bush, and like you, honestly believe the lies and rhetoric that the Democrats based their whole campaign on then Kerry would be the President.

We now know that a whole lot of people went to the free concerts, they watched Farenhype 911, listened to Bruce, Tim, Cher and the dozens of other *cough* celebrities who tried to use their now obviously non existent "Pull" with their fans to sway voters not on issues but with their "celebrity", and a whole lot of those peeps still voted Bush. The "Vote for Kerry cuz the Boss thinks he's cool" kinda crap just didn't work.

I really had my doubts about Bush winning. I thought for sure there were enough idiots out there to actually let some giant ass of an EGO like Bruce or Cher persuade them to vote for someone just because a celebrity was.

Praise Jesus and the Lord Almighty God for all those religious fanatical republicans that used their heaven sent powers to cast out those evil liberals and block those fanatical celebrity brainwashing beams from misleading fine young Republicans into voting for a dirty Democrat.

After all can't expect you democrats to understand that you just plain lost.
I am a little tweaked that my choice for president didnt win...wouldnt you be if it was the other way around?...but thats how it goes, as for whining, i would have to say thats hardly the case. I accept the loss, and now im looking ahead 4 years...looking ahead to the light at the end of this tunnel. I never said we werent in debt before GWB took office, i just said that he has run up the biggest losses ever, kinda like he did with all the companies he ran before he was president...
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-04, 10:43 PM   #13
RustyValvE
Stol3n Sourc3 Cod3

Well I don't know all the political terms and all that mumbojumbo but all I wanted was Kerry to be elected and that didn't happen ,and all my hopes went down the political drain. But hopefully we will get a younger newer president in 2008 that doesn't have his his stuck up his ass.
Old 26-11-04, 01:31 AM   #14
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62
We weren't in debt BEFORE George W. became Pres.? Projections show that the deficit will hit 477 billion in 2004, while a record in nominal dollars, it represents a smaller share of the economy--4.2 percent of gross domestic product (GDP)--than the deficits recorded in the mid-1980s and early 1990s

In other words, meanings differ and in other words the other words are not the same words. Nice spin.

Lets take a look at some other words and numbers. I know I won't be changing your one track political mind but it sure is fun to cyber argue.

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html
Attached Images

floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-04, 02:00 AM   #15
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyValvE
that doesn't have his his stuck up his ass.
i have to have a guess..
1./head
2./fiscal policy
3./vice-presidents hand

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...11/P101413.asp

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-04, 08:00 PM   #16
Nicobie

4./ cigar

Hahahahahhahaha
Old 26-11-04, 08:03 PM   #17
Nicobie

sorry multi....

but I read presidents & asses and just couldn't help it.
Old 26-11-04, 10:18 PM   #18
multi
Thanks for being with arse

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote