P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 14-11-04, 05:05 PM   #1
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Post Putin planning to glue together the most powerful superpower coalition in the world

Russian President Putin planning to glue together the most powerful superpower coalition in the world - India, China, Russia and Brazil

Russian President Putin is taking a lead role in putting together the most powerful coalition of regional and superpowers in the world. The coalition consists of India, China, Russia and Brazil. This will challenge the superpower supremacy of America as well as the European Union.

this coalition will have an overwhelming influence over the United Nations. Russia and China are permanent members of the security council. India and Brazil are in the process of becoming the same. In terms of population, the coalition will have three quarters of the world population, largest amount of natural resources and largest pool of technical and scientific talent.

http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2004/11/1706084.php

Get ready for the cold war again. At least I hope its not hot.
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-04, 05:20 PM   #2
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

also....

Putin rattled his sabre more today.

http://www.moscowtimes.ru/stories/2004/11/18/001.html

Russia's defense industry is developing a new nuclear missile system that will be second to none in the world, and the armed forces will have it in their arsenal in the near future, President Vladimir Putin told a meeting of the military top brass Wednesday.

What is he trying to say?
Old 17-11-04, 05:57 PM   #3
Kris404
How may I help you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian slip
The same thing Bush trying to say by recent plans to nuclearize space
Kris404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-04, 08:40 PM   #4
JackSpratts

we may be working things out vis a vis decentralized/leaderless political movements but we're second to none when it comes to dealing with centralized states. russia can try what it might but the us will kick it's ass completely if it steps over the line. that wannabee tin horn dictator putin is insane if he thinks he can take us on, china or no china. we handle stuff like this before breakfast, and we do it with gusto, or will that is if bush has the balls to take his eyes off putin's "soul" and stare the bastard down.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-04, 09:27 PM   #5
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
we may be working things out vis a vis decentralized/leaderless political movements but we're second to none when it comes to dealing with centralized states. russia can try what it might but the us will kick it's ass completely if it steps over the line. that wannabee tin horn dictator putin is insane if he thinks he can take us on, china or no china. we handle stuff like this before breakfast, and we do it with gusto, or will that is if bush has the balls to take his eyes off putin's "soul" and stare the bastard down.

- js.
Not sure Js

China army is growing and is intact, aka, no soldiers are loosing their lives for a desperate cause. They are biting their time, waiting, while growing in numbers, also in need of oil. Since the afgan & iraque invasion, it's clear the US is hellbent on securing the oil supply, what will be left for russia & china? India is prolly in the plot because the pakistan is also a lapdog of the Bush adm.

Putin prolly feel that only 1 superpower is a big threath, I sure feel the same way. If it happens, the US will prolly go 'pre'emtive on this one. Wouldn't be surprised but wouldn't be wise either.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-04, 11:06 PM   #6
multi
Thanks for being with arse

muhaaaa you will break your teeth on that !

dont want to sound picky ms.
but its "biding their time"

reminds me of a cool old song ..
Quote:
Wasting my time,
Resting my mind
And I'll never pine
For the sad days and the bad days
When we was workin' from nine to five.
And if you don't mind
I'll spend my time
Here by the fire side
In the warm light and the love in her eyes.
And if you don't mind
I'll spend my time
Here by the fire side
In the warm light of her eyes

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-04, 11:16 PM   #7
multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian slip
also....

Putin rattled his sabre more today.

http://www.moscowtimes.ru/stories/2004/11/18/001.html

Russia's defense industry is developing a new nuclear missile system that will be second to none in the world, and the armed forces will have it in their arsenal in the near future, President Vladimir Putin told a meeting of the military top brass Wednesday.

i think he might be trying to say:

Quote:
Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner
But he knew it wouldn’t last.
Jojo left his home in tucson, arizona
For some california grass.
Get back, get back.
Get back to where you once belonged
Get back, get back.
Get back to where you once belonged.
Get back jojo. go home
Get back, get back.
Back to where you once belonged
Get back, get back.
Back to where you once belonged.
Get back jo.

Sweet loretta martin thought she was a woman
But she was another man
All the girls around her say she’s got it coming
But she gets it while she can
Get back, get back.
Get back, get back.
Get back loretta. go home
Get back, get back.
Get back, get back.
Get back loretta
Your mother’s waiting for you
Wearing her high-heel shoes
And her low-neck sweater
Get on home loretta
Get back, get back.

[thanks, mo! ...on behalf of the group I hope we passed the audition.]

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 18-11-04, 03:08 AM   #8
gregorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
we may be working things out vis a vis decentralized/leaderless political movements but we're second to none when it comes to dealing with centralized states.
You cannot invade Russia, especially not with someone like Putin in power who would press the big red "DO NOT PRESS" button of total annihilation.
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-04, 11:17 AM   #9
multi

What The? MWHAHAAAHAAA...we have new bigger better WMD's !

"I am sure that they will be put in service within the next few years and, what is more, they will be developments of the kind that other nuclear powers do not and will not have,"
  • will he PUSH the BIG RED SHINY BUTTON ?
  • How can he possibly resist the diabolical urge to push the button that could erase his very existence?
  • Will his tortured mind give in to its uncontrollable desires? Can he resist the temptation to push the button that, even now, beckons him even closer? Will he succumb to the maddening urge to eradicate history ?
  • At the MERE...PUSH...of a SINGLE...BUTTON!
  • The beeyootiful SHINY button!
  • The jolly CANDY-LIKE button!
  • Will he hold out, folks?
  • CAN he hold out?
Quote:
"International terrorism is one of the major threats for Russia. We understand as soon as we ignore such components of our defence as a nuclear and missile shield, other threats may occur," said Putin.

Among the systems thought to be in the works for Russia's military is a new type of warhead designed to outwit the missile defence shield being developed by the United States.

Experts say the warhead is intended to be manoeuvrable like a cruise missile after re-entering the atmosphere from space.

Reports in Russian news media have suggested Russia is developing a nuclear missile that could carry up to 10 nuclear warheads weighing a total of four tonnes, and a mobile version of its Topol-M ballistic missile.

The Topol-M has a range of 10,000 kilometres, and have been deployed in silos since 1998. They reportedly can manoeuvre in ways that are difficult to detect.

Since taking office, Putin has often vowed to restore Russia's military power.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...es-041117.html

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 18-11-04, 12:16 PM   #10
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
Not sure Js

Since the afgan & iraque invasion, it's clear the US is hellbent on securing the oil supply, what will be left for russia & china? India is prolly in the plot because the pakistan is also a lapdog of the Bush adm.

****NEWSFLASH****

Russia has the second largest oil reserves in the world. Saudia Arabia is first.

Quote:
Currently according to BP Statistical Review Russian has 60 billion barrels of proven oil reserves and natural gas reserves equivalent to another 280 billion barrels of oil. However, many analysts believe that if other Russian oil companies follow the suit and revise their reserves, this figure may go up to 180 billion barrels of oil.

--Paul Collison, global emerging markets oil and gas strategist at Brunswick UBS, are even more optimistic and “believe that by the end of the decade Russia will be proven to have 50 percent more hydrocarbon reserves than what Saudi Arabia has today”.

Also

During the past 50 years, China's oil and gas industries have attained rapid growth.

The country's output of crude oil reached 170 million tons last year from 120,000 tons in 1949, with an average annual growth of 13.8 per cent.

Yield of natural gas reached 35 billion cubic metres in 2003, increasing 15.7 per cent year-on-year.

There was also talk about a pipeline running from Russia to China before the Iraqi War. I don't know what has come out of it.

Saying the US is --US is hellbent on securing the oil supply, what will be left for russia & china?-- Is so wrong I don't know where to start, well I guess the quotes above are the tip of the iceberg.
Old 18-11-04, 02:05 PM   #11
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
****NEWSFLASH****

Russia has the second largest oil reserves in the world. Saudia Arabia is first.
USA is third on the list. Even tho US mass production was of
5.9 million barrels/day in 2002 It doesn't seem enough for the US population, hence the need to import oil from other countries.

Quote:
Also

During the past 50 years, China's oil and gas industries have attained rapid growth.

The country's output of crude oil reached 170 million tons last year from 120,000 tons in 1949, with an average annual growth of 13.8 per cent.

Yield of natural gas reached 35 billion cubic metres in 2003, increasing 15.7 per cent year-on-year.

There was also talk about a pipeline running from Russia to China before the Iraqi War. I don't know what has come out of it.

Saying the US is --US is hellbent on securing the oil supply, what will be left for russia & china?-- Is so wrong I don't know where to start, well I guess the quotes above are the tip of the iceberg.
True, but for how long?

China population is growing fast and even tho they produce oil, they too still need to import oil from other countries. Think again if you believe that Russia can supply China, India, Japan, Korea... Why dou you think Japan sent troops to Iraq? to help secure their oil supply, as much as the US.

It's a long read but here's an article from the Centre for Research on Globalisation.

Quote:
Iraq and the Problem of Peak Oil
by F. William Engdahl

Today, much of the world is convinced the Bush Administration did not wage war against Iraq and Saddam Hussein because of threat from weapons of mass destruction, nor from terror dangers. Still a puzzle, however, is why Washington would risk so much in terms of relations with its allies and the entire world, to occupy Iraq. There is compelling evidence that oil and geopolitics lie at the heart of the still-hidden reasons for the military action in Iraq.

It is increasingly clear that the US occupation of Iraq is about control of global oil resources. Control, however, in a situation where world oil supplies are far more limited than most of the world has been led to believe. If the following is accurate, the Iraq war is but the first in a major battle over global energy resources, a battle which will be more intense than any oil war to date. The stakes are highest. It is about fixing who will get how much oil for their economy at what price and who not. Never has such a choke-hold on the world economy been in the hands of one power. After occupation of Iraq it appears it is.

The era of cheap, abundant oil, which has supported world economic growth for more than three quarters of a century, is most probably at or past its absolute peak, according to leading independent oil geologists. If this analysis is accurate, the economic and social consequences will be staggering. This reality is being hidden from general discussion by the oil multinationals and major government agencies, above all by the United States government. Oil companies have a vested interest in hiding the truth in order to keep the price of getting new oil as low as possible. The US government has a strategic interest in keeping the rest of the world from realising how critical the problem has become.

According to the best estimates of a number of respected international geologists, including the French Petroleum Institute, Colorado School of Mines, Uppsala University and Petroconsultants in Geneva, the world will likely feel the impact of the peaking of most of the present large oil fields and the dramatic fall in supply by the end of this decade, 2010, or possibly even several years sooner. At that point, the world economy will face shocks which will make the oil price rises of the 1970's pale by contrast. In other words, we face a major global energy shortage for the prime fuel of our entire economy within about seven years.

Peak oil

The problem in oil production is not how much reserves are underground. There the numbers are more encouraging. The problem comes when large oilfields such as Prudhoe Bay Alaska or the fields of the North Sea pass their peak output. Much like a bell curve, oil fields rise to a maximum output or peak. The peak is the point when half the oil has been extracted. In terms of reserves remaining it may seem there is still ample oil. But it is not as rosy as it seems. The oil production may hold at the peak output for a number of years before beginning a slow decline. Once the peak is past however, the decline can become very rapid. Past the peak, there is still oil, but each barrel becomes more difficult to exploit, and more costly, as internal well pressures decline or other problems make recovery more expensive for each barrel. The oil is there but not at all easy to extract. The cost of each barrel past peak is increasingly higher as artificial means are employed to extract it. After a certain point it becomes uneconomical to continue to try to extract this peak oil.

Because most oil companies and agencies such as the US Department of Energy speak not of peak oil, but of total reserves, the world has a false sense of energy supply security. The truth is anything but secure.

Case studies

Some recent cases make the point. In 1991 the largest discovery in the Western Hemisphere since the 1970's, was found at Cruz Beana in Columbia. But its production went from 500,000 barrels a day to 200,000 barrels in 2002. In the mid-1980's the Forty Field in North Sea produced 500,000 barrels a day. Today it yields 50,000 barrels. One of the largest discoveries of the past 40 years, Prudhoe Bay, produced some 1.5 million barrels a day for almost 12 years. In 1989 it peaked, and today gives only 350,000 barrels daily. The giant Russian Samotlor field produced a peak of 3,500,000 barrels a day. It has now dropped to 325,000 a day. In each of these fields, production has been kept up by spending more and more to inject gas or water to maintain field pressures, or other means to pump the quantity of oil. The world's largest oil field, Ghawar in Saudi Arabia, produces near 60% of all Saudi oil, some 4.5 million barrels per day. To achieve this, geologists report that the Saudis must inject 7 million barrels a day of salt water to keep up oil well pressure, an alarming signal of near collapse of output in the world's largest oil kingdom.

The growing problem of peak oil has been known among oil industry insiders since the mid-1990's. In 1995, the leading oil consulting firm, Petroconsultants in Geneva, published a global study, 'The World Oil Supply.' The report cost $35,000, written for the oil industry. Its author was petroleum geologist, Dr. Colin Campbell. In 1999 Campbell testified to the British House of Commons, 'Discovery of (new oil reserves) peaked in the 1960's. We now find one barrel for every four we consume ...'

No new giant discoveries

After OPEC raised oil prices in the 1970's, non-OPEC oil projects began to be profitable in the North Sea, Alaska, Venezuela and other places. Oil production increased markedly. At the same time, in response to the higher oil price, many industrial countries like France, Germany USA, Japan dramatically increased the energy from nuclear power plants. The combination gave the illusion that the oil problem had vanished. It has not, far from it.

If in fact many of today's major sources of oil have peaked, and are about to fall off drastically, and at the same time, if world energy demand continues to grow, and not enough oil is found even to replace existing depletion, the global economy faces a crisis of staggering dimension. This would also begin to explain the shift of US foreign policy in the direction of a crude neo-imperial military presence globally, from Kosovo to Afghanistan, from West Africa to Baghdad and beyond.

Obviously, the easiest, most economical solution is to find new giant or super giant oilfields where large volumes of oil can be extracted and brought to world markets at low cost. That is just what is not the case today. According to a recent report from the Colorado School of Mines, 'The World's Giant Oilfields,' the world's '120 largest oilfields produce close to 33 million barrels a day, almost 50% of the world's crude oil supply. The fourteen largest account for over 20%. The average age of these 14 largest fields is 43.5 years.' 1

The above study concludes that 'most of the world's true giants were found decades ago.' Over the past 20 years despite investment of hundreds of billions dollars by major oil companies, results have been alarmingly disappointing.

The world's major oil companies - Exxon-Mobil, Shell, ChevronTexaco, BP, ElfTotal and others - have invested hundreds of billions of dollars in finding enough oil to replace the existing oil supply sources. Between 1996 and 1999, some 145 companies spent $410 billion to find enough oil only to keep their daily production stable at 30 million barrels a day. From 1999 to 2002, the five largest companies spent another $150 billion and their production grew only from 16 million barrels a day to 16.6 million barrels, a tiny increase. With the collapse of the Soviet Union in the early 1990's, western oil companies placed high hopes on the oil potentials of the Caspian Sea in Central Asia.

Disappointing Caspian results

In December 2002, just after US troops took Afghanistan, BP, a major oil company announced disappointing Caspian drilling results which suggested that the 'oil find of the century' was little more than a drop in the ocean. Instead of earlier predictions of oil reserves above 200 billion barrels, a new Saudi Arabia outside the Middle East, the US State Department announced, 'Caspian oil represents 4% of world reserves. It will never dominate the world's markets.' PetroStrategies published a study estimating that the Caspian Basin contained a mere 39 billion barrels of oil, and of a poor quality. Soon after this news, BP and other western oil companies began reducing investment plans in the region.

Interest in West Africa

One of the most active areas of new exploration is in the offshore region of West Africa from Nigeria to Angola. President Bush made a high profile trip to the region earlier in the year, and the US Pentagon has signed military basing agreements with two small strategic islands, Principe and San Tome, insuring a military presence should anything threaten the flow of oil across the Atlantic. Yet, while the volume of oil is important, it also is hardly a new Saudi Arabia. Geologist Campbell estimates that if all deepwater oil, perhaps 85 billion barrels, were produced from fields off Brazil, Angola and Nigeria, it would meet global demand for 3-4 years.

Growing energy demand

Against the prospect that many of the largest oil fields today are in a marked decline in output, world demand for oil is rising ruthlessly, marked by the growing economies of China, India and Asia. Even at today's weak GDP growth rates, economists estimate that world demand for oil at today's prices will rise by some 2% per year.

Ten years ago, China was not a factor in world import of oil. It produced most of its limited needs domestically. Beginning 1993 however, China began to import oil to meet its economic needs. By end 2003 China has surpassed Japan to be the second largest oil importer next to the USA. China now consumes 20% of total OECD industrial country energy. China oil imports are rising now by 9% a year and this is predicted to rise significantly in the coming decade, as China emerges as the world's largest industrial nation. China currently is growing at 7-8% a year. India has recently emerged as a rapidly growing economy as well. Combined they account for some 2.5 billion of the world population. Little wonder that China vehemently opposed the US unilateral war against Iraq in the UN Security Council. The China National Petroleum Company had long sought to secure major oil supply from Iraq.

What Cheney knew in 1999

In a speech to the International Petroleum Institute in London in late1999, Dick Cheney, then chairman of the world's largest oil services company, Halliburton, presented the picture of world oil supply and demand to industry insiders. 'By some estimates,' Cheney stated, 'there will be an average of two percent annual growth in global oil demand over the years ahead, along with, conservatively, a three percent natural decline in production from existing reserves.' Cheney ended on an alarming note: 'That means by 2010 we will need on the order of an additional fifty million barrels a day.' This is equivalent to more than six Saudi Arabia's of today's size.

Perhaps it was no coincidence that Cheney, as Vice President, was given as his first major assignment the head of a Presidential Task Force on Energy. He knew the dimension of the energy problem facing not only the United States, but the rest of the world.

Cheney is also well identified as the leading Iraq warhawk in the Bush Administration, together with Defense Secretary Rumsfeld. Repeatedly it was Cheney pushing for military action against Iraq, regardless of which allies support it.

When we examine what is known about global oil reserves, and where they are, in light of the above 'peak oil' analysis of much of today's existing oil production, it becomes clearer why Cheney would be willing to risk so much in terms of America's standing among allies and others, to occupy the oilfields of Iraq. Cheney knows exactly what the global oil reserve situation is as former CEO of Halliburton Corporation, the world's largest oil services company.

The Achilles heel of the US?

The burning question is where will we get such a huge increase of oil? In the decade from 1990 to 2000, a total of 42 billion barrels of new oil reserves were discovered worldwide. In the same period, the world consumed 250 billion barrels. In the past two decades only three giant fields with more than one billion barrels each have been discovered. One in Norway, in Columbia and Brazil. None of these produce more than 200,000 barrels a day. This is far from 50 million barrels a day which the world will need.

Is the era of cheap, abundant oil to fuel the world economy about to end? One most important issue in the entire debate over why Washington went to war in Iraq is the question of how much oil remains to be found in the world at today's prices. The debate has been remarkably little over an economic issue of enormous consequences.

According to the estimates of Colin Campbell and K. Aleklett of Uppsala University, five countries hold the overwhelming bulk of the world's remaining oil and could potentially make up the difference as other areas pass their peak. 'The five major producers of the Middle East, namely Abu Dhabi, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia (including the Neutral Zone), with about half the world's remaining oil, are treated as swing producers making up the difference between world demand and what other countries can produce...'2.

These five countries - Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the UAE - through circumstances of geology, contain the oil and gas reserves vital to the future economic growth of the world. In an article in the January 7, 2002 issue of Oil and Gas Journal by A. S. Bakhtiari of the National Iranian Oil Company, noted, 'The Middle East (is) simultaneously the most geostrategic area on the globe and the ultimate energy prize: Two-thirds of global crude oil reserves are concentrated in five countries bordering the Persian Gulf.'3

In a paper published in November 2001, eminent Princeton geologist, Kenneth Deffeyes wrote, 'The biggest single question is the year when world oil production reaches a Hubbert peak and then declines forever. Both the graphical and the computer fits identify 2004 as the probable year. The largest single uncertainty is the enormous reserves of Saudi Arabia.'4

If the peak oil analysis is accurate, it suggests why Washington may be willing to risk so much to control Iraq and through its bases there, the five oil-rich countries. It suggests Washington is acting from a fundamental strategic weakness, not from absolute strength as is often thought. A full and open debate on the problem of peak energy is urgently needed.
From

What is truly odd about this oil securing is that, it almost leaves no place to develop alternative solutions for oil consumption. There are plenty solutions that can replace the oil based economy, that would be environment friendly, but of course, researching and putting this initiative forward would costs millions, hek, billions of $$$ for that matter... But it seems more profitable to spend those billions of $ on war that is leading nowhere fast.
Old 18-11-04, 03:07 PM   #12
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver

It's a long read but here's an article from the Centre for Research on Globalisation.

From

The USA is not number 3 when it comes to the Largest Oil Reserves of the World, the USA may be number 3 when it comes to Oil Production.

Sorry, I will not read junk from some anti-American conspiracy theory site.

Some other articles from there:

Media Cover-up of US War Crimes in Iraq

A War Crime in Real Time: Obliterating Fallujah

The Collapse of the WTC on 9/11: The Melting of Steel Components Refuted

US massacres civilians in Fallujah

"How I Stole Your Election" by George W. Bush

Kerry Won... Here are the Facts

Grand Theft Election
Old 18-11-04, 04:22 PM   #13
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

they are not theories
Old 18-11-04, 08:47 PM   #14
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
The USA is not number 3 when it comes to the Largest Oil Reserves of the World, the USA may be number 3 when it comes to Oil Production.
Not may be, it is.

Quote:
Sorry, I will not read junk from some anti-American conspiracy theory site.
This article has credibility reguardless from the site I took it from. This site is not anti-American, it's anti globalization and anti-war. There are no conspiracy theory there, only good, shoking articles. Must have shoked the hell out of ya for you to label it Junk. I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly, i'd atleast give it a chance for so many reasons. And about the US wanting to secure the oil supply, don't need to take the info out of a conspiracy theory site, just take it out from the US department of energy website.

Quote:
Petroleum Reserves

"The President is committed to ensuring that our emergency reserves are in a state of preparedness, and increasing our oil reserves today protects us against potential supply disruptions of tomorrow."
Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham
January 22, 2002

Strategic Petroleum Reserve

The U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve is the largest stockpile of government-owned emergency crude oil in the world. Established in the aftermath of the 1973-74 oil embargo, the SPR provides the President with a powerful response option should a disruption in commercial oil supplies threaten the U.S. economy. It also allows the United States to meet part of its International Energy Agency obligation to maintain emergency oil stocks, and it provides a national defense fuel reserve.
From

"the SPR provides the President with a powerful response option should a disruption in commercial oil supplies threaten the U.S. economy."

Wonder what that means? What would be a powerful response option should disruption happen the US oil supply? A war?

Quote:
Media Cover-up of US War Crimes in Iraq
Quote:
A War Crime in Real Time: Obliterating Fallujah
Quote:
US massacres civilians in Fallujah

What's wrong with these articles? It happened and was caught on tape.

Fallujah shooting a 'war crime'

U.S. probes shooting at Fallujah mosque

Quote:
Pepe Escobar, Asia Times

"The people who are doing the beheadings are extremists … the people slaughtering Iraqis - torturing in prisons and shooting wounded prisoners - are ‘American heroes’. Congratulations, you must be so proud of yourselves today."
Iraqi girl blogger, Riverbend

Whom are you going to trust: Fallujah civilians who risked their lives to escape, witnesses such as Associated Press photographer Bilal Hussein, hospital doctors, Amnesty International, top United Nations human-rights official Louise Arbour, the International Committee of the Red Cross; or the Pentagon and US-installed Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi?

On the humanitarian front, Fallujah is a tragedy. The city has virtually been reduced to rubble. Remaining residents, the Red Cross confirms, are eating roots and burying the dead in their gardens. There’s no medicine in the hospitals to help anybody. The wounded are left to die in the streets - their remains to be consumed by packs of stray dogs. As Iraqresistance.net, a Europe-wide collective, puts it, “World governments, international organizations, nobody raises a finger to stop the killing.” The global reaction is apathy.

Civilians? What Civilians?

Asia Times Online sources in Baghdad confirm the anger across the Sunni heartland - even among moderates - against the occupation and Allawi has reached incendiary proportions. His credibility - already low before the Fallujah massacre - is now completely gone.

Allawi insists on the record that not a single civilian has died in Fallujah. Obviously nobody in his cabinet told him what Baghdad is talking about - the hundreds of rotting corpses in the streets, the thousands of civilians still trapped inside their homes, starving, many of them wounded, with no water and no medical aid. And nobody has told him of dozens of children now in Baghdad’s Naaman hospital who lost their limbs, victims of US air strikes and artillery shells.

A top Red Cross official in Baghdad now estimates that at least 800 civilians have been killed so far - and this is a “low” figure, based on accounts by Red Crescent aid workers barred by the Americans from entering the city, residents still inside Fallujah, and refugees now huddling in camps in the desert near Fallujah. The refugees tell horror stories - including confirmation, already reported by Asia Times Online, of the Americans using cluster bombs and spraying white phosphorus, a banned chemical weapon.

The talk in the streets of Baghdad, always referring to accounts by families and friends in and around Fallujah, confirms that there have been hundreds of civilian deaths. Moreover, according to the Red Cross official, since September Allawi’s Ministry of Health has not provided any medical supplies to hospitals and clinics in Fallujah: “The hospitals do not even have aspirin,” he said, confirming many accounts in these past few days from despairing Fallujah doctors. The official spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of US military reprisal.
From

The Facts are there, the city is being leveled, innocents are dying, children lost limbs due to the incessent bombing... And these childrens will grow up HATING americans and spread their hatred upon others, have no doubt.

Quote:
"How I Stole Your Election" by George W. Bush
You forgot to mentionned that this article is classified under the section, humor.

Quote:
Kerry Won... Here are the Facts
Quote:
Grand Theft Election
He might still win if the ballots are recounted in Ohio and Florida. Nader and more than half the citizen those states are asking for a recount. Seems they don't like that purple map.

Quote:
The Collapse of the WTC on 9/11: The Melting of Steel Components Refuted
Atlast, someone is asking the right question, not referring to your's truly. I wouldn't dismiss this so quickly. The NYT wrote an article about the subject, was the WTC really a terrorist act? CNN aired a week ago some footage that can make one question him/herself. Some ppl saw on this footage a building collapse prior the collaps of both WTC. It's on tape.
Old 18-11-04, 09:40 PM   #15
albed
flippin 'em off

Lol @ Sinner. You need to learn to let rambling retards alone.
Attached Images

albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-04, 10:15 PM   #16
multi

waht the fuck ?

Attached Images

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 18-11-04, 10:34 PM   #17
albed
flippin 'em off

reminds me of a cool old song ..
Quote:
Takin' my time
Choosin' my lines
Try'n' to decide what to do
Looks like my stop
Don't wanna get off
Got myself hung up on you

Seems to me
You don't wanna talk about it
Seems to me
You just turn your pretty head and walk away
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-04, 11:05 PM   #18
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Lol @ Sinner. You need to learn to let rambling retards alone.
Are you ashamed of your handicap albed?
Old 19-11-04, 04:19 AM   #19
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Just can't seem to fear a guy named Putin. Besides Alex Putin just doesn't have that Russian ring to it.

Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachov.......Now thats a Russian Name..

Putin sounds more like what you'd call that mark on Gorby's head.

And you cant be a real Russian Big wig without a cute nickname like Gorby.

Oooohhhhh Alex Putin.....scarey stuff......I know how about Rasputin? Nah sorry Alex your no Rasputin.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 06:52 AM   #20
jcat
Mooo?

hmmm
Attached Images

jcat is offline   Reply With Quote