P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 04-11-04, 05:48 AM   #21
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Exit polls showed moral values as the most important issue to voters, capturing 22 percent of those surveyed, above the economy, terrorism and Iraq.
apparently, people are more worried about abortion, gay marriage, and stem cell research than the carnage in Iraq, the miscalculations that put us there, and the economy.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-04, 05:56 AM   #22
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
stocks are in the shitter because everone is worried about what is happening / will happen in Iraq
the markets are responding well to GWB's re-election

Quote:
"The year following an election almost always sees the economy slow as the fiscal party turns into a fiscal hangover," Rosenberg said.

Pointing out that government spending over the past four years has erased the U.S. budget surplus, Rosenberg elaborated that the Bush Administration now has little maneuvering room to stimulate the economy.

"Fiscal flexibility is as close to zero as possible in terms of trying to reinvigorate the economy," he said.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/ENG407A.html

hope they can keep up the facade over the next year..maybe this wont happen,now

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-04, 05:58 AM   #23
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62
No the fuckin COUNTRY approves that the WAR is correct. Only the blind see NOTHING....oh and stupid brainless liberals.....so which are you pisshead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutrguy
I have to disagree, this country did NOT approve of the war, (perhaps you missed all the demonstrations and anti-war rallies) the Bush administration approved of the war...so now we are at war....in a country that had nothing to do with OBL or what happened to us on 9/11. Yes, the world is probably better off without Saddam in power, but that was NOT our decision to make, if the decision was to be made, it should have been handed down by the UN and carried out by a coalition (sp?) of UN troops. Because of this war, gas prices are higher, 1100+ americans have died...many, many others have been injured, stocks are in the shitter because everone is worried about what is happening / will happen in Iraq, not to mention the beheadings of innocent people and other attacks and threats (Spain was attacked, and other countries threatened) because of involvment in this war.
"APPROVES THAT THE WAR IS CORRECT"

Try to understand what you're reading before you reply.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-04, 06:08 AM   #24
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBoBoy
I don't believe that's true. Overwhelmingly the country disagrees with our involvement in Iraq. The reason we're there is because of an administrations zeal to rule and we, as a majority, were to afraid to challenge that.

We, the people were like deer in the headlights of a car. We froze on 11-2, rather than get the heck out of harms way.
Who appointed you spokesman for "wethepeople". I didn't vote for you and you certainly don't represent me or probably most people so don't even think that people are as ignorant as you or voted for the reasons you say. Get over yourself.
Old 04-11-04, 06:25 AM   #25
Gutrguy
Semiblind

[quote=albed]BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Some dumb shit...[quote]

LOLHAHAHAHALOL

How can it be 'correct' when people protest against it? We went to war under false pretenses...do you call that correct? We went to war after the UN would NOT back it...we did it in the face of protests and objections...that sure sounds 'correct' to me. What exactly do you call correct? Do you approve of the war?...Perhaps you missed the anti-war demonstrations and protests, not only in the USA but also around the world. If that is correct, i sure as fuck dont wanna see hte other side of that coin.
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-04, 06:39 AM   #26
albed
flippin 'em off

How could civil rights for blacks be correct when southerners protested against it?

Or more aptly entering WWll, which people protested against.

It's just beyond your understanding, like so many things.
Old 04-11-04, 07:19 AM   #27
RoBoBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
How could civil rights for blacks be correct when southerners protested against it?

Or more aptly entering WWll, which people protested against.

It's just beyond your understanding, like so many things.
The cause is not the question. certainly the examples you gave are the right reasons to charge ahead in defiance of public outcry. I don't feel it necessary to explain why.

However Iraq doesn't quite fall into the same catagory. Sure, saddam is a bad guy but was he an immediate threat? Was there an immediate need to invade Iraq, killing tens of thousands of it's citizens. Knowing bin Laden was the culprit and knowing Iraq didn't fund him, why did we attack Iraq?

Certainly, we have a responsibility in Iraq now and can't just walk away but who put us in that dubious position and why is the issue. Under what pretenses were we sent there?

Although I try to respect all opinions, you're typifying the big problem in America. You're trying to define anothers agenda rather than discuss the facts and issuse at hand.
RoBoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-04, 08:20 AM   #28
albed
flippin 'em off

What cause and agenda have I been trying to define?

"the fuckin COUNTRY approves that the WAR is correct" Is the statement I referred to and everyone seems determined to misinterpret it so they can discuss something else. Well go ahead and rant about whatever you want just don't quote my post or jc's as if your addressing the same topic.

Your post has no relation to my post which you quoted just as GG's was unrelated to jc's comment. It's like you don't even read other posts and just talk about whatever you want.
Old 04-11-04, 09:19 AM   #29
pisser
Guv

Quote:
I'd approve of you not whining for a change and of people with the brains and guts to lead the country in a difficult period continuing their work.
Well, If you call that whining, then you must be shitting out your mouth, yes thats it. So I would approve of you not shitting, OK.

Also, It must be nice being Bush and Cheney and still having their brains and guts, as you so eloquently put it, intact, while American soldiers are having their brains and guts laid out in the Iraqi desert. Another 4 years of that.
That's very comforting. Thanks Republicans.
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-04, 09:24 AM   #30
pisser
Guv

Quote:
No the fuckin COUNTRY approves that the WAR is correct. Only the blind see NOTHING....oh and stupid brainless liberals.....so which are you pisshead?
Im like Bush...Pro Life, Oh wait, as long as I (bush) don't have to serve my country in combat(bush) and getting my body (bush) splattered out on the Iraqi desert. Safe at home, let the kids get killed for what? Revenge for my daddy getting insulted by Saddam. That is no correct war, shit-for-brains.

As far as liberal or conservative leanings: Independant, OK twat?
Old 04-11-04, 09:28 AM   #31
pisser
Guv

Albed,
You and jcmd62 need to get a room, already - for chrissakes.
Old 04-11-04, 10:06 AM   #32
albed
flippin 'em off

So we can gangbang our whiney bitch? I don't like to share.
Old 04-11-04, 11:02 AM   #33
JackSpratts

please remember this is an open forum. as adults we try to set an example for the children at zeropaid.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-04, 11:53 AM   #34
pisser
Guv

Quote:
So we can gangbang our whiney bitch? I don't like to share.
Fag!
Old 04-11-04, 12:21 PM   #35
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
please remember this is an open forum. as adults we try to set an example for the children at zeropaid.

- js.
i thought for a moment i must be caught up in some sort of déjà vu experience or temporal loop...

everywhere i go the posts are all the same ..seems like i read them before somewhere?

did we win the war ?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-04, 12:41 AM   #36
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
did we win the war ?
What you dont remember??....

[sarcasm]Mission Accomplished...DUH[/sarcasm]
Old 05-11-04, 05:09 PM   #37
jcmd62
Alpha Male

[quote=Gutrguy][quote=albed]BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Some dumb shit...
Quote:

LOLHAHAHAHALOL

How can it be 'correct' when people protest against it? We went to war under false pretenses...do you call that correct? We went to war after the UN would NOT back it...we did it in the face of protests and objections...that sure sounds 'correct' to me. What exactly do you call correct? Do you approve of the war?...Perhaps you missed the anti-war demonstrations and protests, not only in the USA but also around the world. If that is correct, i sure as fuck dont wanna see hte other side of that coin.
Gutr your not semiblind, your totally fucking blind. Since when does a few idiots protesting mean ANYTHING is or isn't correct or approved by a majority? Yes America and its citizens approve of this war or they would have voted Kerry in since his first agenda would have been to end the war in Iraq, pull our troops out, cut defense spending by 90%, completely weaken our defenses and intelligence gathering capabilities, and increase our vulnerability to Terrorist attacks by 100% then hide his Herman Munster looking head in the sand and wait for the inevitable to happen.

Hasn't anyone ever got right in your face and swore what you were doing or saying was wrong, only to find out later that you were right in what you were doing and it did work out for the best? Just because some disagreed with you didn't make you WRONG did it? It is you that doesn't understand what protesting is. Protesting is just people disagreeing with others on a larger scale.

You libs must still be reading those exit polls that showed Kerry winning by over 2 points. Finally people see the innaccuracy of these exit polls and how wrong they can really be. Americans clearly showed with this vote that unlike our liberal friends that the majority of Americans are indeed in touch with REALITY and see TERRORISM as a REAL threat not only to our Nations security but to our own personal safety and most importantly as a threat to our FREEDOM. They voted for the candidate that they felt would best take the fight to the Terrorists and not another candidate that will allow attack after attack against us and do NOTHING just as our integrity-less Democrat predecessor Mr. Clinton did for 8 years.

Read all the fiction you want but the economy, gay marraige, jobs, RELIGION, were all secondary to the threat of Terrorism. Don't worry gutr with that head firmly planted where it is you'll never have to worry about seeing the other side of anything.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-05, 02:26 AM   #38
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Quote:
Gutr your not semiblind, your totally fucking blind. Since when does a few idiots protesting mean ANYTHING is or isn't correct or approved by a majority? Yes America and its citizens approve of this war or they would have voted Kerry in since his first agenda would have been to end the war in Iraq, pull our troops out, cut defense spending by 90%, completely weaken our defenses and intelligence gathering capabilities, and increase our vulnerability to Terrorist attacks by 100% then hide his Herman Munster looking head in the sand and wait for the inevitable to happen.

Hasn't anyone ever got right in your face and swore what you were doing or saying was wrong, only to find out later that you were right in what you were doing and it did work out for the best? Just because some disagreed with you didn't make you WRONG did it? It is you that doesn't understand what protesting is. Protesting is just people disagreeing with others on a larger scale.

You libs must still be reading those exit polls that showed Kerry winning by over 2 points. Finally people see the innaccuracy of these exit polls and how wrong they can really be. Americans clearly showed with this vote that unlike our liberal friends that the majority of Americans are indeed in touch with REALITY and see TERRORISM as a REAL threat not only to our Nations security but to our own personal safety and most importantly as a threat to our FREEDOM. They voted for the candidate that they felt would best take the fight to the Terrorists and not another candidate that will allow attack after attack against us and do NOTHING just as our integrity-less Democrat predecessor Mr. Clinton did for 8 years.

Read all the fiction you want but the economy, gay marraige, jobs, RELIGION, were all secondary to the threat of Terrorism. Don't worry gutr with that head firmly planted where it is you'll never have to worry about seeing the other side of anything.
Wow, how did i miss this?....oh well...better late than never i suppose...

I have to say that John Kerry not being ellected (and his 'plans' for Iraq) has nothing to do with this war being correct or not. To just pull our troops out and leave Iraq in this mess we created, as John Kerry had planned, would be wrong...IMO that is why John Kerry did not win.

This war began with incorrect information....the body count of dead soldiers has risen to over 1500 and over 11,000 wounded. These brave men and women are fighting in a country (fighting a war) that had nothing to do with the terrorism attatcks on US soil. Sending troops into Afghanistan to search for those responsible for 9/11 is/was correct, but that isnt important anymore is it?...what is important is Iraq and Saddam. Ever wonder how or why the focus shifted from OBL to Saddam? (and so very quickly) Or why our military can find Saddam in a 'spider hole' but have no clue where the 'mastermind' of the attatcks that catapulted our nation into 'The Age of Terror'?

Just because Clinton did not wage a full scale war against another country does not mean that he did nothing. http://www.cdt.org/policy/terrorism/...error-otl.html Bill Clinton did quite a bit to step up this countries defences against terrorism. Starting a war should not be the first step, but the last, Clinton seemed to understand that...i cannot say the same for our current President.

I am a very open minded person...I like to hear both sides to whatever issue is on tap, then decide how I feel and if I agree with either party or not. To believe that everyone who is against this war is a 'Liberal' or 'Democrat' (or 'Liberal Democrat') is very narrow minded and ignorant. I am a registered Republican...(i know...hard to believe huh? ) that does not stop me from disagreeing with things this Republican President has said or done...nor does it stop me from voting for a Democrat or Independent candidate. I vote for candidates based on my personal views and beliefs, not by party lines.

It is apparent by the amount of people that have protested (and are still protesting this war) in the United States alone (not to mention around the world) that the people believe it is not correct. Since the one year 'anniversery' of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq the amount of protests has increased over 100%, a good reflection of the deepening doubts about the war after a disastrous year of continued body counts and billions of dollars wasted on an illegal and immoral occupation.
Old 18-03-05, 05:49 AM   #39
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default I'll be sure to avoid the traffic jams tomorrow.

Feel like voicing your opinion on the war - both sides will be here tomorrow (any nappies attending be sure to pm me and perhaps we can have lunch someplace ).

Peace and Justice comes to Faytteville, N.C.

and

USA Today article.

They say there be many military families and Iraq war veterans in attendance as well as those who support activity in Iraq.

Should be interesting to say the least.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-05, 11:44 AM   #40
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
I have to say that John Kerry not being ellected (and his 'plans' for Iraq) has nothing to do with this war being correct or not. To just pull our troops out and leave Iraq in this mess we created, as John Kerry had planned, would be wrong...IMO that is why John Kerry did not win.
John Kerry never planned to pull the troops out of Iraq, in fact I don’t recall any Democrat saying they wanted too, So that is absolutely not why Kerry lost the election.

Quote:
This war began with incorrect information....the body count of dead soldiers has risen to over 1500 and over 11,000 wounded. These brave men and women are fighting in a country (fighting a war) that had nothing to do with the terrorism attatcks on US soil. Sending troops into Afghanistan to search for those responsible for 9/11 is/was correct, but that isnt important anymore is it?...what is important is Iraq and Saddam. Ever wonder how or why the focus shifted from OBL to Saddam? (and so very quickly) Or why our military can find Saddam in a 'spider hole' but have no clue where the 'mastermind' of the attatcks that catapulted our nation into 'The Age of Terror'?
Incorrect information from who? CIA, NSA, Defense Dept? The President? The President’s Staff? You are right - Iraq had nothing to do with the attacks on 9/11, George Bush also agrees with you, The media liked to talk about an Iraq and 9/11 connection but the Government said there was no connection between bin Laden and Saddam. Maybe you don’t think finding terrorist is important but the US Government does, just because all you see in the Media is Iraq this and Iraq that - does not mean the US Troops have left Afghanistan and threw in the towel. Many troops are still in Afghanistan and terrorist are being caught, but to the Media and the left the bigger story is how many people have died in Iraq, There is a lot of good going on in Iraq, the elections were a 100% success, more people came out and voted then expected and each of those voters put their life on the line to cast a vote. The focus did not shift, CNN would like you to think so, the focus is on both, it is also on North Korea, China, Russia, etc etc etc. I could explain to you why Saddam was less difficult to catch then OBL is, but think about it for a second and you should be able to figure it out.

Quote:
Just because Clinton did not wage a full scale war against another country does not mean that he did nothing. http://www.cdt.org/policy/terrorism/...error-otl.html Bill Clinton did quite a bit to step up this countries defences against terrorism. Starting a war should not be the first step, but the last, Clinton seemed to understand that...i cannot say the same for our current President.
You are right Clinton did more then nothing, he let OBL go free to live in Afghanistan, he did launch cruise missiles into Iraq, blew up a pharmaceutical plant in Sudan, so on and so on.

Quote:
It is apparent by the amount of people that have protested (and are still protesting this war) in the United States alone (not to mention around the world) that the people believe it is not correct. Since the one year 'anniversery' of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq the amount of protests has increased over 100%, a good reflection of the deepening doubts about the war after a disastrous year of continued body counts and billions of dollars wasted on an illegal and immoral occupation.
Don’t know where you get your numbers, but Who won the last election? It was the same President who took America to Iraq wasn’t it? Seems more people agree with this war by your logic.